Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,226 comments
So the good news is: thanks in no small part to this amazing community I have finally found the entrance to the gold mine in Suzuka. Does that mean the combo finally clicked for me? The answer is a resounding:

No Way Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

I‘ve tried millions of different ways to tackle T1 (ok, slight exaggeration), played around with assists and different controller sensitivity settings, but it still was like a dance on a razor‘s edge. Every once in a blue moon I felt like I perfectly nailed all the inputs and followed the ghost‘s line to a tee, I would do a virtual dance of joy, then look at the sector split … and it‘s still only a 25.9. It‘s as if everyone is on racing tires except me.

Don‘t get me wrong, getting gold at all is nothing to scoff at, but given the relative simplicity of this one and, again, my history with the car, it‘s just mindblowing that I suck so bad here.

Anyway, I think I‘m done here. Next chance I get I‘ll give the Red Bull a try (so far only had a few exploration laps that landed me in silver). Maybe this restores some of the confidence in my abilities that I lost at Suzuka ;)

Happy lapping!

Last edited:
@crome Happy lapping to you too. I totally give up at Seaside. That streetcar slides too much and the chicane of death grates my nerves everytime I go through it. I know Grand Valley is out of the question for gold and silver. I managed a 1'30.967 the other day which is shocking to me.

Last edited:
So the good news is: thanks in no small part to this amazing community I have finally found the entrance to the gold mine in Suzuka. Does that mean the combo finally clicked for me? The answer is a resounding:

No Way Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

I‘ve tried millions of different ways to tackle T1 (ok, slight exaggeration), played around with assists and different controller sensitivity settings, but it still was like a dance on a razor‘s edge. Every once in a blue moon I felt like I perfectly nailed all the inputs and followed the ghost‘s line to a tee, I would do a virtual dance of joy, then look at the sector split … and it‘s still only a 25.9. It‘s as if everyone is on racing tires except me.

Don‘t get me wrong, getting gold at all is nothing to scoff at, but given the relative simplicity of this one and, again, my history with the car, it‘s just mindblowing that I suck so bad here.

Anyway, I think I‘m done here. Next chance I get I‘ll give the Red Bull a try (so far only had a few exploration laps that landed me in silver). Maybe this restores some of the confidence in my abilities that I lost at Suzuka ;)

Happy lapping!
Bravo @crome !!!
Hard work always pays off.

This TT is a real trap. We think that with this simple track and this not too powerful car, it should be a formality to get gold.
In fact, not at all. Getting gold is far from easy, and as previoulsy said by someone here (@Gomario JSP maybe), scoring a fast gold (Top 1000 or Top 100) is really hard.

Once again, bravo :)

Finally had some seat time to start the Dragon Trail TT last night. At first the Vette was a a handful, but once I realised that the trick for stability is delayed downshifts into the corners, I really started enjoying this one.

If time permits, I will return before it ends. My optimals are in the 54s. I just need to be smooth through S1 and braver through the chicane.

@Dan_Tes @Chris30 Happy belated birthday wishes to you 🥳

Happy Hunting guys!

1922277cf8f47-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back