Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,076 comments
When you look at the ones with high participation, they tend to be easy (or have a nostalgia factor). I reckon a lot of casual players open the TT, can't get around corner 1 in 2 or 3 attempts and stop. I bet if you looked at a stat (which won't be available) of people who go into the TTs and press the Start button, it would be quite a stable and very high number.
Also, for some players, if they are not actively on a forum (like :gtpflag:) or challenging friends I think most players will give it a whizz purely for the money. Before I got into participating on here, I'd purely go for gold and then leave it, and if Gold was really tough I'd often take the Silver.

This is why the community events, the work of people like @Tidgney and tying in the World Series stuff are a great idea, as they encourage the average player to catch the TT bug more.

Also, for some players, if they are not actively on a forum (like :gtpflag:) or challenging friends I think most players will give it a whizz purely for the money. Before I got into participating on here, I'd purely go for gold and then leave it, and if Gold was really tough I'd often take the Silver.
Yep, this effect is perfectly visualised by these graphs that @half_sourly is putting out with each event:

1729157736958.png

If PD found a way to motivate players to keep fighting beyond reaching these thresholds (as we do here), we would see a much more linear distribution (and consequently, it would be a lot harder for us to get near the top of the board)

Yep, this effect is perfectly visualised by these graphs that @half_sourly is putting out with each event:

View attachment 1398121

If PD found a way to motivate players to keep fighting beyond reaching these thresholds (as we do here), we would see a much more linear distribution (and consequently, it would be a lot harder for us to get near the top of the board)
is it just me or would that chart read better if the x axis was flipped so it read bronze to gold rather than gold to bronze? 🤔

Am i the only one who thinks the new driving physics for the road cars are a joke? The car doesn't twist in at 50 km/h when you go round a bend. Not even the cars from the 70s and 80s did that and certainly not an E36 M3 on semi tires. It's really no fun anymore

This is why the community events, the work of people like @Tidgney and tying in the World Series stuff are a great idea, as they encourage the average player to catch the TT bug more.
This thread and @half_sourly and his statistics make this game super fun for me. I definitely love the competition (mostly with myself for placement) but also the friendly pushing and encouragement (that whole community thing) are a game changer.

This place, and particularly this thread completely changed the way I play for the better. Q

Let's all have some BMW fun in the dark. I am so excited about this combo. Perfect. And it will end on Halloween. If I earn a gold time I will buy $500 worth of candy.

DTG-BMW-M3-10laps-1.jpg

A fragile silver for my first stint. Not really fan of how the car handles, you need to be patient and gentle, not as much as with the GT-R but that's a similar TT for me.

DTG-BMW-M3-Silver.jpg

All my "good" laps in the 1:53, with a high 1:52 as optimal, does not smell like potential for improvement.

I'll try again and watch lap guides to try to pick clues, but I don't have much hope for gold. Especially as it won't stay where it stands now.

It’s less than two tenths of a second. You can make that up on one good corner exit. There are many corners. YOU GOT THIS

feral? ✅
bad? ❌
Capable of a 2:39.xxx? ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
Thank you my friend for the kind words and encouragement. From your lips to God's ears and all that. We'll see if I can get everything to align.
Can I get one corner near perfect and pick up 2 tenths? Absolutely. Can I not screw up any other corner while doing it? We'll see.

View attachment 1398121

Oi!! Some of us are working our behinds off to try and move up the board(s). Don't be giving anyone any ideas on how to better fracture our fragile egos. You being absolutely correct has little to do with it. :D

They should give rewards for Top10, 100, 1000 😁

Great car - one of my all time favourites. But I swear to Christ, Herman Tillke himself could not have designed a more obnoxious, tedious track than Dragon Tail.

Last edited:
No, here's how it should be organized. There should be a diamond medal worth 4 million credits for only the top 100 drivers. That would motivate more players in the club. If I do not achieve at least a silver time this round, I will be forced to eat pumpkin pie on Halloween. That should be a motivater right there.

Stop Motion Animation GIF by Julie Smith Schneider

Latest Posts

Back