Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,150 comments
Ok enough TT for me today. I'm annoyed at myself as my last lap was on for this optimal but I ballsed up the last corner 😥

View attachment 1398219
I'm quitting for today too, I'll just have to get back with it Saturday or Sunday. I'm resting tomorrow and going on a small shopping trip at the mall. I need to get my mind off the TT's for a while. I have to keep my sanity.

Last edited:
View attachment 1398218
I thought the car/tire/track combo was going to be a nightmare. Easier Gold for me than the Nurb with the GTR.
I'd agree with that, the car handles better and is easier to steer on the throttle than the GTR was.

I had one of these and it's not quite a front heavy feeling as the real car it's handling and power deliver are quite close to the real thing (within reason)

See that reads so much better....slower to faster 😉

Well take care guys, good luck to everyone this week at Dragon Trail-Gardens. And remember being positive will bring you positive energy when you're doing the TT challenges. Being negative is a bad thing and can bring you bad luck. Be yourself, don't be like the aliens.

Last edited:
I'd say 2 things:

#1 - If the game's become frustrating, just drop it. I've done that countless times with different games. Gaming is meant to be fun, if I want a stressful time life has already gave me plenty of these.
On this 1st point, and maybe I'm the crazy one, but it's more complex than that imo. I can think of many a game which is frustrating but that can be the beauty of it, it's teasing the player to get better, to improve, to master it. I love a frustrating game with a high skill ceiling (so long as mechanically, aesthetically and every other aspect is good) Hell, I even go out of my way to get platinums on particularly frustrating games such as Hotline Miami, Dirt Rally, Project Cars, Elden Ring and MGS for that extra wedge of satisfaction.

Perhaps the better advice for Chris is to hold judgment on a new TT until he's gone through the pain of trying it out, I imagine few people get gold or high silver on their 1st run and there's a reason they are up for 2 weeks at a time. I often find where I am after 2-3 laps is 10-15 seconds slower than where I end up... eventually.

NB I should add though if, over weeks and months, a person is not getting any better at a particular game or aspect of a game then, yeah, bin it and move on.

Last edited:
NB I should add though if, over weeks and months, a person is not getting any better at a particular game or aspect of a game then, yeah, bin it and move on.
Or just better understand your expectations vs reality.

If you enjoy driving just drive, stop paying attention to the medals and credits etc and just enjoy the driving, the trying to get better or the racing or the custom liveries or the awesome pictures you can take of your cars.

Take the pressure off yourself and enjoy the game for what it is, a driving game not a win all the medals game etc.

Just logged on today and discovered the M3 dragon trails TT, not a fan of this reverse coruse, but I chugged it and took some smooth slow cornering and my times were able to acheive Silver so far, with some more time I think Gold is doable!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20241017153318.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20241017153148.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20241017153048.jpg

Chris my friend I think you need your own advice more than we need it.
I was talking about people that are not familiar with this game and the tracks yet, especially younger players, they might have a worse attitude and throw the controller.

Last edited:
I was talking about people that are not familiar with this game and the tracks yet, especially younger players, they might have a worse attitude and throw the controller.
Ok, but you sharing perfectly valid bits of wisdom and you not taking your own advice to heart was the key point here.

Stop dreaming about golds, period.

And, in case you still choose to chase the impossible/extremely demanding, let me ask you, because I'm genuinely curious...what does achieving gold mean to you?

Aside from 2 million credits, that you could easily grind in far less time (not to mention less effort/stress) than it takes to achieve the gold time, what does reaching the gold reward give you, truly?

Last edited:
Nothing. You are right. I'm gonna choose my family/health. Gold does not exist. Period, only bronze. Those aliens can keep risking their lives and making their hands/fingers sore while fighting for gold, but me...

Cbs No GIF by HULU

Last edited:
Aside from 2 million credits, what does reaching the gold reward give you, truly?
Precisely.
Gold does not exist. Period, only bronze.
I mean...you have shown you're perfectly capable of achieving silver in a TT that doesn't rank among the hardest...all I'm saying is, you can stop when you feel like your silver is safe.

I really couldn't resist a few more laps

IMG_1313.jpeg

Frustrating last corner again and it was a 49:9 but this feels like a safe gold now.

What an exceptionally fun one this is for me, I've been begging for the M3 since it came to the game to be a TT, I'd of rather it had been a different circuit but the back to back comparisons to the 190 cosworth makes a lot of nostalgic sense.

Over all I'm happy with my dads rep mobile (he was senior sales manager so got a beemer rather than a vectra and it wasn't white 🤣)

IMG_1309.png

I'd say 2 things:

#1 - If the game's become frustrating, just drop it. I've done that countless times with different games. Gaming is meant to be fun, if I want a stressful time life has already gave me plenty of these.

#2 - Or you could try to follow people's advices about how to improve your driving. If that somehow for whatever reason is not happening, you are back to point #1.
It's like groundhog day with him. I think you all have told him this so MANY times and it just comes back over and over and over....... :irked: :confused:

View attachment 1398273

Club 39

@Dan_Tes : You need to use your alien thingy and give me back 3 hours of my life. Proof of time and mileage below.

Seriously, thank you. I probably wouldn't have pushed without you egging me on this time.
And thanks to everyone who has pushed me in the past.
or I HATE YOU.
I'll let you choose.

View attachment 1398274
T
:bowdown:Awesome, congrats! That cathartic feeling when you finally make it to the other side is well worth the pain though, isn't it?

I'd say 2 things:

#2 - Or you could try to follow people's advices about how to improve your driving. If that somehow for whatever reason is not happening, you are back to point #1.
And you have to start again every time !!! From point 1 to point 2 and back to point 1 to go to point 2 !!!!!
1000003505.gif

Pfffff it’s complicated !!!! 🤣🤣
And why not add a point 3 ??? Don't start anything and move on !!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

This TT is just not for me. I cannot jive with this car at all. I feel like any release of the brake kicks it tail out. Any push for throttle also kicks the tail out.

Smooth and slow inputs and outputs are tough for me here.
View attachment 1398279
I know you know the game and can drive, don't over think it. It really is just brake in a straight line, and on the coast/maintenance phase just start gently to feed the power in so it's traction rather than wheel spin.

The quad corner is the hardest because you have to get a little bit of slip angle on and it's hard to get that right.

The rest is just remember it's a heavy fast RWD car so use the torque to balance it a bit.

I know you know the game and can drive, don't over think it. It really is just brake in a straight line, and on the coast/maintenance phase just start gently to feed the power in so it's traction rather than wheel spin.

The quad corner is the hardest because you have to get a little bit of slip angle on and it's hard to get that right.

The rest is just remember it's a heavy fast RWD car so use the torque to balance it a bit.
Appreciate this and your vote of confidence 👊🏻. Never said I was giving up tho 😉.

Thursday Nokia setup time!

And the old shenanigans are comming to light.... damn sausages again 🤣🤣
Altho .... the Beemer hates them less than thr Merc we tried here folks.
This is quite a nice one if you ask me, will take some time to realy understand the car... for now it just yells oversteer if you start it 🤣, I'm sure ill have fun with this one!

1000026638.jpg

1000026640.jpg

Not to Shaabbbyy to start with, patience is key on this one, overdoing is instant regret 🤣
Anyone doing free practice upon tomorrow Micheline Lake Louise TT?
:D
View attachment 1398271
Bored Cabin Fever GIF
🤣🤣 you cheeky....... 🤣🤣
But I'm quilty.... I tried 🙈🤣🤣

Last edited:
Back