Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,175 comments
I slid (literally went sideways through most of the 4 apexed corner) my way into gold on and got pretty close to mr. @Jeje6410 on first day, that didn't happen for a while. Like the car but it has it's crazy moments :)
1000020718.jpg
1000020719.jpg

it is so hard to balance the car for that quadruple apex left turn 🙈🙈 Doing a bit better this run.

View attachment 1398316

Must be the livery 🤣🤣
View attachment 1398317
Well... it might be hard, but judging by your time and rank you don't seem to be struggling that much :lol: what ever it is that you're doing, just keep doing it because it's really working!

View attachment 1398273

Club 39

@Dan_Tes : You need to use your alien thingy and give me back 3 hours of my life. Proof of time and mileage below.

Seriously, thank you. I probably wouldn't have pushed without you egging me on this time.
And thanks to everyone who has pushed me in the past.
or I HATE YOU.
I'll let you choose.

View attachment 1398274
T
Oh My God Wow GIF by 9Now

feral ✅
bad ❌
Officially an alien ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

Three hours might seem like a lot for two tenths, but the skills learnt in that time and the self belief going forward that you can be priceless 😎

Kudos :cheers:

Longer laps mean more work and more time for me. The new TT looks more interesting...
The first 10 laps with the bimmer felt quite good and were enough to fulfill the daily marathon - if you go reeeaally deep in the hairpin several times and spin a few times... How do I know?!? 🙄

I did some rallying in the last weeks and that improved my use of weight transfer. But as in rallying I am not aggressive enough with this M3 and still slow. What felt like a promising start is hardly in silver territory (1:52:6xx)!

I will return for more... Have fun everyone! (or in french "Attack!")

:bowdown:Awesome, congrats! That cathartic feeling when you finally make it to the other side is well worth the pain though, isn't it?
I really can't say, I might know when it stops hurting. :)

Oh My God Wow GIF by 9Now

feral ✅
bad ❌
Officially an alien ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

Three hours might seem like a lot for two tenths, but the skills learnt in that time and the self belief going forward that you can be priceless 😎

Kudos :cheers:
I appreciate it. Not an alien, though. Never been in the top 350, much less that top 100. Never been in the top 10 on the board here. Just an obsessive, compulsive old man.

If the Michelin Alpin event isn't visible outside of Europe, and therefore not a regular time trial that all players can do (which would be disappointing), can we keep the discussion into the event's own thread:

Yep, I just had a look and I don't have it in the TTs...pretty dumb really.
Honestly I do undestand organizer side too, I mean I know you would like to test it but... it is for selected countries for reason, not even all European countries are allowed to take part.

We had "Sweden only" last summer, Sony, Logitec + 2 other sponsors organized it and I liked it that it really was that way. Think we do have already enough global TTs, sometimes even too many, at least feels like that for a busy person. (as far as I know there are others that are exclusive for America or Japan)

However I could agree with you that there should be snow one from PD as just regular Thursday TT. Just my opinion.

Finally a much welcomed low grip Time Trial :lol:. As bad as I am in any variation of Dragon Trial, I like how the M3 feels (and slides) around this track and had a blast doing it. I was going to settle with 1:49.6 but I just couldn't stop as it was so much fun, and accidentially ended up with a 1:49.4, which I think is pretty close to what I can ever manage.

I was probably doing my laps the same time @Gomario JSP did as I was swaping positions on my friend list with you all evening :sly:.

@Evilmuffin Love your Top Gear livery!

IMG_4115.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

Finally a much welcomed low grip Time Trial :lol:. As bad as I am in any variation of Dragon Trial, I like how the M3 feels (and slides) around this track and had a blast doing it. I was going to settle with 1:49.6 but I just couldn't stop as it was so much fun, and accidentially ended up with a 1:49.4, which I think is pretty close to what I can ever manage.

I was probably doing my laps the same time @Gomario JSP did as I was swaping positions on my friend list with you all evening :sly:.

View attachment 1398416

View attachment 1398417

It's so frustrating I do exactly the same as you.....but you just do it better 🤣

Honestly I do undestand organizer side too, I mean I know you would like to test it but... it is for selected countries for reason, not even all European countries are allowed to take part.

We had "Sweden only" last summer, Sony, Logitec + 2 other sponsors organized it and I liked it that it really was that way. Think we do have already enough global TTs, sometimes even too many, at least feels like that for a busy person. (as far as I know there are others that are exclusive for America or Japan)

However I could agree with you that there should be snow one from PD as just regular Thursday TT. Just my opinion.
These restricted competitions are the main reason why I have a second account that makes me all-american. I will never win a prize but theoretically I could and nothing would hinder me. I would prefer to let everyone participate and give the prices to those who meet the preferences. At least all european countries should have access to this one.

It's like groundhog day with him. I think you all have told him this so MANY times and it just comes back over and over and over....... :irked: :confused:
You're right on that analogy, well gold does not exist to me anymore. I wasted so much time fighting for it back then and it got me nowhere in life. Did not give me any kind of benefit. Time for this groundhog to retire soon. I'm being serious too.
groundhog think GIF

@AdxRE nice to see you back hot-lapping with us!!

Last edited:
These restricted competitions are the main reason why I have a second account that makes me all-american. I will never win a prize but theoretically I could and nothing would hinder me. I would prefer to let everyone participate and give the prices to those who meet the preferences. At least all european countries should have access to this one.
All I am saying I was on the other side, organizer, not for GT7 Time Trials but anyway... And when you put an age group or gender, and then 14 years old running in 14 years old group but then 16 years join and outrun everyone... anyhow.. I just didn't liked not respecting the regulations, maybe it is just me.. back to topic :)

All I am saying I was on the other side, organizer, not for GT7 Time Trials but anyway... And when you put an age group or gender, and then 14 years old running in 14 years old group but then 16 years join and outrun everyone... anyhow.. I just didn't liked not respecting the regulations, maybe it is just me.. back to topic :)
It still doesn't work right. The Honda TT has 2 events for everyone and U18 and you could still take part in both TTs despite being over 18. The PSN SDK definitely allows looking up DOB and obviously location, so it wouldn't be impossible to just let everyone take part but only keep eligible people on the leaderboards. Idk, maybe it's an edge case, but it kinda sucks how some of these TTs are gatekept.

View attachment 1398416

View attachment 1398417

I noticed that indeed, saw you were on .6 and i was happy to hit the same, only to return to the board to see your .4xx :lol: :lol:
could not get that .4 this morning, but i'm going to try like crazy :lol::lol:
Very nice to mate, fast as always!

I noticed that indeed, saw you were on .6 and i was happy to hit the same, only to return to the board to see your .4xx :lol: :lol:
could not get that .4 this morning, but i'm going to try like crazy :lol::lol:
Very nice to mate, fast as always!
Tume talked some sense into me yesterday. I am officially giving up on gold. I will just have to do with the 7 I earned, silver is a better aim for me. It's actually for amateur drivers looking for a challenge on the road. I'll just get my popcorn/snacks and keep watching you guys compete and fight for the top!!!

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Last edited:
I'd imagine the process is basically exactly the same whether they have restrictions or not right? I mean if they run a TT event that is restricted to people under 17 or something it doesn't really matter if they leave it open to everybody or they hard-lock it to people who have a legit birthdate stored in the PSN - either way they are still going to have to vette the winning participants to confirm the info is correct. Same goes for location...what does it matter if it's left open to everyone or locked by region. There's ways to get around that so they are still going to have to go through the same process of eliminating ineligible participants. In the end, it's an online game the entire globe is playing...there's no real need for borders at all.

I'd imagine the process is basically exactly the same whether they have restrictions or not right? I mean if they run a TT event that is restricted to people under 17 or something it doesn't really matter if they leave it open to everybody or they hard-lock it to people who have a legit birthdate stored in the PSN - either way they are still going to have to vette the winning participants to confirm the info is correct. Same goes for location...what does it matter if it's left open to everyone or locked by region. There's ways to get around that so they are still going to have to go through the same process of eliminating ineligible participants. In the end, it's an online game the entire globe is playing...there's no real need for borders at all.
Yeah, it's no point in PD making restrictions like that, because anyone can sneak in and enter, just like an 18 year old would pretend like they're 16 or 17. Some areas may have stricter rules on it but it shouldn't be a big deal, it's for a gt7 racing game, it's not like it's real-life NASCAR.

Latest Posts

Back