time trialF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter herburt
  • 9 comments
I'm just starting this game and I've been away from F1 racing games for some time ,so some of the tracks are different.This being the case I need to learn the tracks in the time trial mode. Aside from the annoying ghost car I have discovered a new problem. I can learn the track with the time trial car and I think I'm doing pretty good, so feeling confident I go and start the race weekend. Well it doesn't take long for me to realize that the 2 cars are very different animals.
The same car with the same setup with enough fuel to do 3 laps is 6 seconds a lap slower.
And another thing , if it's not the ghost car that distracts me, it's a car that comes out of the pits just as I'm about to start a hot lap.
So needless in the race I end up start getting the blue flags and once that happens it's impossible to advance in the race.
I know that there is a learning curve but knowing that doesn't relieve the frustration that I'm going through right now

Herburt, since the season opener is Bahrain, what times can you do there in Time Trial? And what time did you post (Roughly) in qualifying?

I had trouble when I brought the game but I soon acclimatised so I'm sure you will too :)

I haven't done a time trial there and I can't remember what time I posted but it was last on the grid and I was about 2 seconds slower than my team mate Bruno.I practicing for Shanghai now and I like it so far and I have to remind my self that smoother is faster and sometimes you have to go slower to be faster.

Its as Lewy0s says(he knows this game), a combination of zero fuel and no tyre wear. The tyre wear is directly linked to the track evolution so with tyre wear off you have the maximum grip level possible (i.e. best possible tyre temps and track conditions) at all times.

Dont use the TTs to practice for races.

I was using the TT to learn the tracks that I haven't see before. I realize that I have to use the practice session as this will give me a real indication where I am in relation to my team mate.
Right now as I'm learning the Shanghai track my best time with the HRT is 1.38
Another thing I struggle with is the cockpit view, but since I am a bit of a purist I plan on sticking with this view. I used the view where you see the front tires from above to learn the track but when I went back to cockpit view I kind of had to re-learn the track.Once I know the track well enough I'll start the race weekend. I have to find a way to be faster than my team mate.
The learning curve continues

It's not getting any easier. I'm on round 5 now Spain and this is a track I know, although I think the end just before the front straight has changed. I'm doing practice and my goals have been raised for qualifying and the race. I haven't practiced much but I have a long way to go. I so far have done a lap of 1.31 and my team mate Bruno is doing 1.26's
I don't think my contract will be renewed at the end of the season.

It's not getting any easier. I'm on round 5 now Spain and this is a track I know, although I think the end just before the front straight has changed. I'm doing practice and my goals have been raised for qualifying and the race. I haven't practiced much but I have a long way to go. I so far have done a lap of 1.31 and my team mate Bruno is doing 1.26's
I don't think my contract will be renewed at the end of the season.

Well the AI are superior at Spain so it's not too bad. In an HRT, obviously getting closer to Bruno would be great and is the clear target, but coming last in this race with an HRT is alright because the AI rule at Spain. If your having problems with car setup, then I would recommend registering at racedepartment.com as that has many useful tips.

Thanks I ended up finishing 20th, do to retirements,and now I'm off to Monaco. It will be some what of an equalizer or a total disaster. I did register with race department and have found some setup info there,
It's interesting that my race engineer told me in Spain that the car wasn't performing and that they would brings some updates. Hopefully this will make the car more drivable .

Latest Posts

Back