Toyota Corolla (E170) Altis ESport Nurburgring Edition 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 12 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight presents another Nurburgring car edition, the Toyota Corolla Altis ESport Nurburgring Edition. Inspired by a seventh-place class finish at the Nürburgring 2014, Toyota is launching a special edition of the Corolla Altis sedan in Thailand.
The car looks to me pretty good and I really don't mind to have it in my garage too.
Enjoy it!

2ew2q20.jpg

To commemorate coming seventh in a Nürburgring endurance race, Toyota has launched the Corolla ESport Nürburgring edition in Thailand. Altis is a very popular version of the sedan sold in South Asian markets The car will go on sale on April 1 (no it's not a joke), and is being showcased at the 36th Bangkok Motor Show.

Based on the already sporty ESport variant, the Nürburgring edition adds finer touches like a pronounced front bumper, a piano-black grille, new 17-inch alloy wheels, a rear spoiler, a diffuser-like element for the rear bumper and stickers of the ‘Green Hell’ on the front fenders.

Inside, black leather seats with contrast stitching and red inserts for the dashboard and door trims lend the sedan a sportier look. The ESport Nürburgring edition also features LED headlights.

Coming to the mechanicals, the Corolla ESport Nürburgring edition continues to be powered by the 1.8-liter four-cylinder Dual-VVT-i engine which develops 141 hp at 6,000 rpm and 177 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm. Only a CVT gearbox (a 7-stepped CVT) with paddle shifters is offered on this edition.

Toyota has fine tuned the suspension of the Nürburgring edition for better handling. There's even a recalibrated suspension hooked up to 17-inch alloys, giving it the right stance, but that's about the extent of the performance enhancements.

262a00m.jpg

2n7gy1k.jpg

15yf11s.jpg

2enb96q.jpg
15g5fts.jpg

THE OTHER TOYOTAS ARE HERE

Last edited:
...........A CVT box. 140 horses. AND it has galls to call itself a Nurburgring edition??!! Gimme a break......
{Face meets palm, leaves room}

...........A CVT box. 140 horses. AND it has galls to call itself a Nurburgring edition??!! Gimme a break......
{Face meets palm, leaves room}
I have a feeling this is just a marketing gimmick and Nurburgring is not involved at all.

This is a nice car, but I wonder why they didn't tune up the engine a little, 160-180 hp had be great :D I think they did call this Corolla for Nürburgring edition because of the 109th place in the 2014 Nürburgring 24h race :)

Nürburgring edition because of the 109th place in the 2014 Nürburgring 24h race

............Now that's an epic fail if I ever saw one. 109th place finish? Are you kidding me??? :rolleyes:

That's like me playing WWE 2K15, beat up Brock Lesnar in Wrestlemania, and claim that I'm THE REAL WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT champ.

sAng_scream.gif

That's nearly offensive to advertise as a sport edition.
I wonder how much downforce that rear spoiler generates, given how lively the FWD Corolla's back end is.

This is a nice car, but I wonder why they didn't tune up the engine a little, 160-180 hp had be great :D I think they did call this Corolla for Nürburgring edition because of the 109th place in the 2014 Nürburgring 24h race :)

109th place overall .... but 7th in their own class .... :lol:
Of course it's a Marketing issue, but the car looks nice anyway. 👍
We have much less powerful cars in GT6 so 140 hp is okay as far as I'm concern.

............Now that's an epic fail if I ever saw one. 109th place finish? Are you kidding me???
Yes, because a car like this is going to completely destroy a field with over 50 GT3 cars, which is about 300 strong overall... :rolleyes:

hsv
Yes, because a car like this is going to completely destroy a field with over 50 GT3 cars, which is about 300 strong overall... :rolleyes:

.......Aaaand as usual, you seem to miss the point of the rant....
facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

109th place overall .... but 7th in their own class .... :lol:
Of course it's a Marketing issue, but the car looks nice anyway. 👍
We have much less powerful cars in GT6 so 140 hp is okay as far as I'm concern.
Precise, I didn't find that information , but thanks :D

Yeah I know but, this is an special edition so that's the reason I said so :P 140 hp is fine in a car with this weight :)

Back