Toyota GR GT3 Concept

That's a nice Mk6 Supra you've got there.
More evidence IMO that this will be the basis for the Mk6 Supra...a street version of the Lexus has been spotted, rumored to be called the LFR.

Lexus-LFR-Scoop-New-1-2048x1367.webp

Lexus-LFR-Scoop-New-7-2048x1366.webp

Lexus-LFR-Scoop-New-10-2048x1367.webp

Lexus-LF-R-Scoop-1-2048x1368.webp

Lexus-LF-R-Scoop-7-2048x1366.webp

Lexus-LF-R-Scoop-12-2048x1367.webp

Of note here is the exceptionally long hood to allow the front engine to be as mid-mounted as possible, the extremely low and flat hood which implies a dry-sump oil system since the only other engines that could fit under that would be OHV like a Viper or Corvette, the tremendous brakes which appear to be carbon fiber mounted behind 5-lug wheels, the rear wing which appears to have three different adjustment slots mounted at its maximum AOA, rear-mounted radiators a la the LFA, what appears to be a rear transaxle, and the oddly GTE-style flat and seemingly under-developed rear diffuser plate. I have to assume that plate is merely for mockup purposes and they're in the process of finalizing a rear diffuser design. If all that is the case, what we basically have here is a Viper-style layout which is excellent for weight balance and handling. I bet Dodge really wishes they had the balls right about now.

To avoid outrageous pricing, Lexus would probably share this platform with Toyota and that would mean the next Supra could move very upmarket and be an absolute monster. That does make sense considering Toyota is out of engines to plop in the GR86 (besides the 3-cyl turbo) and is planning to introduce an "SFR" to effectively replace the current GR86.

My marketing concept would be this: SFR to supplant the current 86 and/or perform more closely to the Miata, GR86 moves upmarket to supplant the current Supra 4-cyl and add a sedan version to compete with the Integra, move the Supra upmarket to premium performance/current GT-R territory but keep an I-6 for identity, and have this Lexus with a bruiser of an engine to compete at in an even higher and more luxurious market against AMG GTs and the like.

Last edited:

The CarScoops article mentions the road car may have a twin-turbo V8 but honestly the race car's engine doesn't sound turbocharged to me. It's only slightly more muffled than the Mustang's V8 from the same video.

Back