Tsukuba 9 hour endurance

• Thread starter Ellis
  • 36 comments
Look forward to hearing about your experiences. If you do another thread post the link in this one or you are free to do it in this one :)

Thanks for the offer, ellisnutt

I'm afraid that my race has turned into a snooze. I guess that I brought too much car to the track.:( I'm now at the 6 hour mark and I have a 3 lap lead so I'm just toying with the competition at this point.

My RE Amemiya RX-7 is slightly slower than the AI on the straights, but even on SS tires I can make up some ground on the AI thru the turns. And it seems that the version 2.03 AI tires wear out pretty quick, so the AI have to pit nearly as often as myself, so I'm not losing any time with extra pit stops.

I've taken a few notes, but mostly I'm now just driving the track. My best lap so far was a 59.050 lap with low fuel, so I may try to get under 59 seconds.:)

Enjoy the racing!
GTsail

I'm afraid that my race has turned into a snooze. I guess that I brought too much car to the track. I'm now at the 6 hour mark and I have a 3 lap lead so I'm just toying with the competition at this point.

I just used the same car but with higher PP, and same experience as you, not the fastest on the straights, but no competition in the turns. Lap times ranged between 55 and 60, depending if tires were Sports or Race. I used a Fanatec wheel and pedals.

I noticed some strange AI behavior. One of the AI's was driving the same RE Amemiya RX-7 as I was.

About 3/4 the way through the race it pitted every lap and weaved like it was drunk all over the track. It would go down the straight leading to the pits and shift to block cars coming from behind. It finished 70 laps behind.

I wonder if PD played with the AI programming for 2.0.4.

Here is the picture of the race results you can see the AI's RE Amemiya finished 70 laps down, excuse the flash glare (Green highlights were for another post-not relevant to this discussion).

Tsukuba.jpg

Last edited:
I was lapping 2.03's at Suzuka on this with a seriously de tuned JGTC car. Won it by 1.9 seconds, good race. I got a report kicking round on here somewhere.

Would laptimes of around 1 minute on Tsukuba be competative? I want to have fun but I don't want to race for 9 hours and come 2nd haha

.....I noticed some strange AI behavior. One of the AI's was driving the same RE Amemiya RX-7 as I was.

About 3/4 the way through the race it pitted every lap and weaved like it was drunk all over the track. It would go down the straight leading to the pits and shift to block cars coming from behind. It finished 70 laps behind.

I wonder if PD played with the AI programming for 2.0.4.

Here is the picture of the race results you can see the AI's RE Amemiya finished 70 laps down.

DSC05678.jpg

WOW!

I just noticed your post. The RE Amemiya ended up 70 laps down, that's crazy!

I wonder what the explanation is. I think I actually ran against the RE Amemiya RX-7 as well, but the AI in my race did much better than that (I think he was 3rd or 4th).

Perhaps your's suffered some irrepairable crash damage and his pit crew had no spares!

Puzzled
GTsail

Would laptimes of around 1 minute on Tsukuba be competative? I want to have fun but I don't want to race for 9 hours and come 2nd haha

GT5 will tell you every lap how many seconds you are either leading or trailing by. Fire up the Tsukuba 9 hours and run a few laps to figure out how you will do against the AI.

I did that a few times with different cars on different tires before doing the event.

Back