• 819 comments
Sweden
Sweden
eran0004
banner3.png

Welcome to the forum thread for the TTS
- a touring car series for GT5.

Our website: http://touringteamseries.blogspot.com/
Our photomode forum thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=232075

Race dates has been set. Every Saturday (except Christmas and New year's), starting December 3rd.
All race dates are listed in the 3rd post, below.

Find all race dates here!

Find the 2011-2012 score board here!

Join or register a team here

Join a team by speaking to the team manager, the list of teams with links to their pages can be found in the second post, below.

Banner1.jpg

December 17th: Important times

For the second race, on December 17th, the room will be created at 13.00 UTC time and there will be 40minutes of practice. At T-20 minutes (T=race time start) the regulations check and qualification session will begin. Here is the NASA style countdown procedure checklist.

T-60. The lobby is opened.

T-60 to T-20. Time for testing, changing settings etc. Make sure you do all the tests and fine tuning you need during this time, because there is very little time after T-20.

T-20 to T-10. Regulations check. Important that all drivers are present at this stage!

T-20. A class regulations check: The regulations will be set to 1100 kg / 404 bhp

T-20 to T-15. All class A cars must enter the track.

(Class A cars that doesn't enter during this period will be disqualified. Once you've entered the track you are not allowed to go back and change any of the settings of the car - doing so will get you disqualified.)

T-15. B class regulations check: The regulations will be set to 990 kg / 207 bhp.

(All Class A cars will now be kicked off track because they don't fit the new regulation. Don't worry though, this is just to make sure that all cars are running within the regulations.)

T-15 to T-10. All class B cars must enter the track.

(Class B cars that doesn't enter within this period will be disqualified. Once you've entered the track you are not allowed to go back and change any of the settings of the car - doing so will get you disqualified.)

T-10. Regulations check complete.

T-10. Qualification session begins: The regulations are changed to 990 kg / 404 bhp.

T-10 to T. All class B cars remains on track. All class A cars enter the track again. Time to do some quick qualification laps before the race starts.

T. Race starts.

What is TTS?

TTS is a touring car series for Gran Turismo 5. It's a championship based on teams, with two different classes of cars racing at the same time: class A (400 hp, 1100 kg) and class B (200 hp, 1000 kg).

Allowed cars are all RM's and TC's, tuned or detuned to fit the regulations of its class.

The length of each race is 100 km and all cars have one mandatory pit stop. The only exception is London, which will be divided in two heats because of the lack of a pit on that track.

The races will feature rolling starts, with the first lap being a formation lap behind the pace car and as the pace car enters the pit lane, the race starts.

The series will feature a race marshal, who will watch the race live and have the authority to give penalties for violating rules. The teams can also report incidents after the race, which the race marshal will investigate by watching the replay.

All information is available on http://touringteamseries.blogspot.com/

You can read more about joining or registering a team here.

Questions? Comment, PM me or send an e-mail to eran0004@gmail.com

12_RX7.jpg

Last edited:
Event list

Races are held on Saturdays, but due to time zone differences, this might be Fridays or Sundays in some places.

The start time of each race is the local time of the real world track. For reference, the UTC time is listed directly beneath, together with the time for Sydney, New York and Los Angeles.

December 3rd

1. Nürburgring GP/F, 20 laps. Race start 08:00
(UTC 07.00; Sydney 18:00; N.Y. 02:00; L.A. 23:00 Friday)

Results

Driver's championship class A:
1st - 10 pts - A1-242 / Ultra Max
2nd - 7 pts - tomhart9 / ETDM.com Racing

Driver's championship class B:
1st - 10 pts - SolidS2k / Arctic Racing
2nd - 7 pts - Marfy B22 / Ultra Max
3rd - 5 pts - Okyo2007 / ETDM.com Racing

Team championship:
17 pts - Ultra Max
12 pts - ETDM.com Racing
10 pts - Arctic Racing

December 10th

2. Spa-Francorchamps, 15 laps. Race start 16:00
(UTC 15:00; Sydney 02:00 Sunday; N.Y. 10:00; L.A. 07:00)

Results

Driver's championship class A:
1st - 20 pts - A1-242 / Ultra Max
2nd - 7 pts - tomhart9 / ETDM.com Racing
2nd - 7 pts - DemesGT / Arctic Racing
4th - 5 pts - Okyo2007DK / Zealand Racing
5th - 3 pts - Yasher / Green Giants
6th - 2 pts - TrevorsTII / Slammed Society Racing

Driver's championship class B:
1st - 17 pts - SolidS2k / Arctic Racing
1st - 17 pts - Marfy B22 / Ultra Max
3rd - 5 pts - Okyo2007 / ETDM.com Racing / Zealand Racing
3rd - 5 pts - eran0004 / Arctic Racing
5th - 3 pts - Yoman297 / Green giants

Team championship:
37 pts - Ultra Max
29 pts - Arctic Racing
12 pts - ETDM.com Racing
6 pts - Green Giants
5 pts - Zealand Racing
2 pts - Slammed Society Racing

December 17th

3. London, 26 laps + 27 laps (two heats). Race start 14:00
(UTC 14:00; Sydney 01:00 Sunday; N.Y. 09:00; L.A. 06:00)

January 7th

4. La Sarthe, 8 laps. Race start 20:00
(UTC 19:00; Sydney 06:00 Sunday; N.Y. 14:00; L.A. 11:00)

January 14th

5. Cote D’azur, 30 laps. Race start 10:00
(UTC 09:00; Sydney 20:00; N.Y. 04:00; L.A. 01:00)

January 21st

6. Monza, 18 laps. Race start 16:30
(UTC 15:30; Sydney 02:30 Sunday; N.Y. 10:30; L.A. 06:30)

January 28th

7. Madrid, 30 laps. Race start 11:00
(UTC: 10:00; Sydney 21:00; N.Y. 05:00; L.A. 02:00)

February 4th

8. Indianapolis Road Course, 24 laps. Race start 16:00
(UTC 21:00; Sydney 08:00 Sunday; N.Y. 16:00; L.A. 13:00)

February 11th

9. Daytona Road course, 18 laps. Race start 13:00
(UTC 18:00; Sydney 05:00 Sunday; N.Y. 13:00; L.A. 10:00)

February 18th

10. Laguna Seca, 28 laps. Race start 13:30
(UTC 21:30; Sydney 08:30 Sunday; N.Y. 16.30; L.A. 13:30)

February 25th

11. Fuji Speedway, 22 laps. Race start 16:00
(UTC 07:00; Sydney 18:00; N.Y. 02:00; L.A. 23:00 Friday)

March 3rd

12. Tsukuba, 49 laps. Race start 15:30
(UTC 06:30; Sydney 17:30; N.Y. 01:30; L.A. 22:30 Friday)

March 10th

13. Suzuka, 18 laps. Race start 10:30
(UTC 01:30; Sydney 12:30; N.Y. 20:30 Friday; L.A. 17:30 Friday)

March 17th

14. Nürburgring 24h, 20 laps (Grand Final of the season). Race start 20:00
(UTC 19:00; Sydney 06:00 Sunday; N.Y. 14:00; L.A. 11:00)

Last edited:
I trust there will be qualifying? Maybe there could be points awarded for the fastest lap during the race?

Another idea based on teamwork, could be that if your team gets a 1-2 or 2-3 finish (only works for podiums) there could be bonus points awarded. This would in my opinion help team to bond better and work better as a team. I think it could make it more interesting as other drivers from other teams will be out to stop bonus points being given to rivals!

Just a couple of ideas. :)

I trust there will be qualifying? Maybe there could be points awarded for the fastest lap during the race?

Another idea based on teamwork, could be that if your team gets a 1-2 or 2-3 finish (only works for podiums) there could be bonus points awarded. This would in my opinion help team to bond better and work better as a team. I think it could make it more interesting as other drivers from other teams will be out to stop bonus points being given to rivals!

Just a couple of ideas. :)

Yep, basically the room will open one hour before scheduled race start and that will be a qualification session. So all drivers have a window of one hour to set their time, and then the grid will be based on that. I think that's what's the "fastest first" option is in the online room settings menu, isn't it?

Qualification is not mandatory, the cars who doesn't set a time will start in the back of the field.

Bonus points for the team sounds like an idea that could be worth trying out. One problem is that teams that only have one car cannot get that bonus, is that unfair?

To change topic: I just finished some testing of the two car classes, it seems like even the most different cars will perform very equal, which is a good thing of course :) You can read the post here.

The only way to make it fair per-say is if the drivers who want their own team accept and agree to the consequences of not getting bonus points.

When will the races be held (as in which day of the week and what time of day)?

When will the races be held (as in which day of the week and what time of day)?

Only for you, here is the complete guide :)

To make a long answer short, races will be on Saturdays and the time depends on the track and its location. I've tried to spread it out a bit.

Dates are not decided yet, I'm thinking every second Saturday could work, what do you think of that?

Also, it could be an idea that teams spread out their drivers a bit, and have perhaps one from America, one from Europe and one from Australia, so they can cover for each other when someone have a really bad starting time (like 04:00 in the morning).

The only way to make it fair per-say is if the drivers who want their own team accept and agree to the consequences of not getting bonus points.

Drivers who has their own team may not be very competitive in the team championship anyway, because they only got one car, so maybe it's not such a big deal. They can still go for the driver's championship.

Last edited:
We'll have to see who and how many sign up :) Is there a chance of applying for a position in your team, in group B? :)

I see London and Madrid circuits, where is damn pitstop on those tracks? ;-)) But anyway i like an idea and it looks nice season with some different cars. I mean GT500 & GT300 series is currently dominating on GT05

We'll have to see who and how many sign up :) Is there a chance of applying for a position in your team, in group B? :)

As long as there are more than two teams I'll be happy :) I'll PM you about the team application.

I see London and Madrid circuits, where is damn pitstop on those tracks? ;-)) But anyway i like an idea and it looks nice season with some different cars. I mean GT500 & GT300 series is currently dominating on GT05

Madrid actually have a pit :) London is more tricky, but it's a fun track, especially for the B class cars, so the solution there is to have two heats instead, and I hope the fuel lasts for 27 laps on that track... But one lap takes 1 minute so it's like half an hour, shouldn't be a problem. I hope. The tires is a bigger problem, so stay easy on the throttle :)

As long as there are more than two teams I'll be happy :) I'll PM you about the team application.

Okay thanks, i've sent you an email.

Madrid actually have a pit :) London is more tricky, but it's a fun track, especially for the B class cars, so the solution there is to have two heats instead, and I hope the fuel lasts for 27 laps on that track... But one lap takes 1 minute so it's like half an hour, shouldn't be a problem. I hope. The tires is a bigger problem, so stay easy on the throttle :)

Surely Racing Hard tyres will last the distance?

I think the easiest way is to first make a team and then hire drivers for it.

About race dates, is every second Saturday fine or is every Saturday better?

I think the easiest way is to first make a team and then hire drivers for it.

About race dates, is every second Saturday fine or is every Saturday better?

I agree, make your team and then promote it.

Personally I don't mind but as there are so many races, I think every saturday will be best IMO.

Race dates has been set. Every Saturday (except Christmas and New year's), starting December 3rd.

Find all race dates here!

Doodle is being used to manage the race, please mark the dates you think you will be able to attend.

I would like to join but I don't have anyone for a team mate. Can I still join?

I would like to join but I don't have anyone for a team mate. Can I still join?

Sure you can. You can either set up your own team with just one car, or you can set up your own team and then recruit drivers. You can also add your name to the list of "drivers looking for teams" if you are interested in joining someone else's team.

So both team drivers race at the same time, not alternate, correct?

Correct. Every team is guaranteed two slots in each race, and if they want to compete in both class A and class B they are guaranteed three slots in the grid. More slots may be available if not all are taken.

I will try to find a team mate tonight. Then I will make an official entry.

I will try to find a team mate tonight. Then I will make an official entry.

Great, GT! You can use this forum to recruit drivers for your team, the second post in this thread is reserved for "teams looking for drivers" and "drivers looking for teams".

Also, if everyone could help spreading the word to your GT5 friends that would be great :)

Thanks

I may join, but I probably can't, I have fencing on all those times. Not that I want to go to fencing anymore anyway...

Also, you should probably add a "no turbos rule" (unless you absolutely need it), it helps to balance out the field in terms of torque.

Last edited:
Can I be a pace car driver?

Indeed you can. Sign up for the events that you think you can attend, and then we should probably have a practice session to see exactly how it's gonna work.

Also, you should probably add a "no turbos rule" (unless you absolutely need it), it helps to balance out the field in terms of torque.

Most cars don't need turbo, but some cars that can enter both A and B class (like the Nissan Silvia RM and the Mitsubishi Lancer IX RM) needs turbo to be able to reach 400 hp. Let me do some testing of that and see how big the difference is in lap time before we decide.

eran0004
Indeed you can. Sign up for the events that you think you can attend, and then we should probably have a practice session to see exactly how it's gonna work.
How exactly do I do that?

Ok well since they are on saturdays there's a good chance I can attend them all, but there may be some last minute changes so have alternates ready.

Ahh that's good to hear! Erik will be most pleased! The plan is to have many spares just in case something does arise where the normal PC driver or Marshall cannot attend.

Back