TTS - Touring car Team Series

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 819 comments
Ok thanks! And I'm confused on time, I'm western U.S. Time, so what example would that be? Lol

Hi! Glad your thinking of joining TTS! New teams and drivers are always welcome. To explain the different race times is a little tricky so bear with me.

BASICALLY These races are based on timezones. By this I mean that if a race was on the UK top gear track @ 6pm GMT it would be whatever time in your country, for example in sweden the race would start at 7pm as its GMT+1. A race on the Nurburgring starting at 6pm would start in the UK at 5pm, so on and so forth. I hope this has helped a bit at least lol.

Well I know the timezones thing, but why different times each week when a settled permanent time could be used? That, is what I'm really wondering. I'm not asking for it to be changed, just find it odd.

Very interested in creating a team, but I'll have to miss the first race. Major bummer. Think ill still join however.

Looks interesting. Need to know what cars will be better at what tracks. Looking for an all rounder. seems like a good little series. I'm up for running either or both classes.

Shoestring Racing E-mail: formula1rulz@hotmail.com
When I get a team mate I will finalize car choices because my driving style is very irregular and I don't want to compromise my team mates results just because the car does not suit them.
PSN: MarfyB22
If you message me there I might get it a little quicker then via E-mail or PM :)
Shoestring Racing will be in both classes.

nitrorocks
I'm confused in time. I just need to know the erans time, and I can figure it out.

Eran's time will be GMT+1. Whatever time it is for you, you add 8 hours.

Miketoberfest
Very interested in creating a team, but I'll have to miss the first race. Major bummer. Think ill still join however.

You can always recruit drivers for your team :)

EM Racing official line up:
karolisnaste Honda CR-Z Touring Car Number 13
nitrorocks. Honda CR-Z Touring Car Number 10

Both B Class
STILL LOOKING FOR RESERVE DRIVERS!

nitrorocks
EM Racing official line up:
karolisnaste Honda CR-Z Touring Car Number 13
nitrorocks. Honda CR-Z Touring Car Number 10

Both B Class
STILL LOOKING FOR RESERVE DRIVERS!

Looking good matey!

I saw that too. The CR-Z is pretty amazing. Are there any Class A drivers? I haven't seen any. :lol:

EliteDreamer
I saw that too. The CR-Z is pretty amazing. Are there any Class A drivers? I haven't seen any. :lol:

There are a couple yes. The OP is a Class A driver and so is someone else. I'm changing to the Mazda Roadster as I feel it's easily on par with the CR-Z's and I know from using it a few times it handles like a dream, almost like a slot car, you have to be pretty bad for it to go off or spin!

:lol: The Miata is definitely a slot car. It goes where ya want it to and there you go. But I wonder how it matches against the CR-Z.

:lol: The Miata is definitely a slot car. It goes where ya want it to and there you go. But I wonder how it matches against the CR-Z.

As far as my times are concerned, it's slower by 1.5 seconds (approx). However, I have mucked about with the CR-Z's settings and the Miata is stock per-say.

Both on the Nurburgring GP/F with Racing Medium tyres.

CR-Z T : 2.15.605
Roadster TC : 2.16.998

Depending on the drivers, could be a close race!👍

@ Nitrorocks : I used to have a Le Mans set with 2 CLK Gtr's :D I've had GT40's, Nascar's, OLD F1's, New F1's, Touring Cars, Rally Cars, DTM's, even motorbikes and Go-Karts! My youth was fun :P

As far as my times are concerned, it's slower by 1.5 seconds (approx). However, I have mucked about with the CR-Z's settings and the Miata is stock per-say.

Both on the Nurburgring GP/F with Racing Medium tyres.

CR-Z T : 2.15.605
Roadster TC : 2.16.998

Depending on the drivers, could be a close race!👍

If I remember correctly, the Miata works much better on lower grade tires. I may be wrong, been awhile since I've driven it.

If I remember correctly, the Miata works much better on lower grade tires. I may be wrong, been awhile since I've driven it.

I'll give the Hard's a shot. I used the Mediums as they are the grippiest tyres we can use in the series, so I can see the fastest time I will be able to do based on the little experience I have.

Saturday morning for east coasters? I could make that! I've been looking at this since it was created. I am considering it. I will probably create a team rather then joining one. I need to look things over again to make sure. This is definitely a series like no other. I've haven't seen one quite like this one. Though, may I ask. Why are the times for each race different every week? I may have missed where it said this but I am a little curious.

So many things that look like fun! The pace car, the "game master," everything! I had already planned on joining the series. To those at FMSC, I did not withdrawal for this series, as this is Saturday and yours is Sunday. : )

I must now think of a team name, and a car to use. :D I'm thinking of grabbing a GT-R... R3X. :P

Looking forward to hear more about that team you're considering :)

The different times of the races are for several reasons. First I thought it could be a way to spread the times evenly over the day, so that those in Australia won't have to stay up until 2 in the morning ever time, and people in California won't have to wake up at 4.30 every time... so I thought that if this is a world tour, then why not let the track location decide what time of day the race will start? Then I made things a lot more complicated by checking what the actual in game time is for each of the track, and then I let that time be the start time. So the start time is not only adjusted to the time zone of the real track, but also adjusted to the time of the track in the game...

Only exception from that is Nürburgring 24h and La Sarthe, where the in game clock can be set to whatever, and for that I chose 20.00 for both, as it will be dusk and more spectacular light effects.

As I thought, the Roadsters lack of grip with the hard's showed. I was easily 4+ seconds slower. :/

I'm glad there's a system of what races can be attended. Individual sign ups. Very nice. 👍 I have noticed a few I won't make. Such as Indianapolis and Nurburgring 24h. It's 3 AM for me on the Nurburgring one! Two of them at 2 AM, but I think I may be able to do it.

SolidS2k
As I thought, the Roadsters lack of grip with the hard's showed. I was easily 4+ seconds slower. :/

Try Sports Softs. FMSC is using them and they're still pretty quick. Though I'm not how it is compared to other cars.

Back