Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
michael15: Your Silvia is nice, but why such a short gearbox?

Vince247: Your Mini could really use some suspension mods. I've set it with a racing suspension and it's quite better.

Both are good rides, that with a bit of tweaking will get even better. 👍

Definitely. I haven't the faintest idea how to use Photoshop, so every picture is straight from the memory card.

here's the other.

and michael15:

michael15: Your Silvia is nice, but why such a short gearbox?

Vince247: Your Mini could really use some suspension mods. I've set it with a racing suspension and it's quite better.

Both are good rides, that with a bit of tweaking will get even better. 👍

Thanks for criticizing our cars azevedojose!:)
Sorry I'm not very experienced with low budget tuning, I thought the cheaper suspention mod would be cool. Apparently not.:P
So for low budget tuning, it's better not to save on suspention mods?(depending on the car offcourse)
Could you please tell me what should be improved (on the suspention)?

vince, i drove your mustang, i love it so much i have 2 of them. one is a track car and the other is a street tire car. awesome work.

Thanks GT40.:) This car was the reason for me to make a tuner garage. I love this car and I wanted to share the love for this car with all of you.
Could you please give me/us a rating from 1-10?
This way other people visiting my garage will say: "Hey, GT40 rated it a #! Let's check it out."
That's what I want to do. -> Spread the love.:)

I hate long gears in lowpowered cars. i doesn' need long gears only on tracks like the ring and la sarthe.

Hmmm ok then... I've tried it at the 'Ring. I'll review it at another location. :)

Thanks for criticizing our cars azevedojose!:)
Sorry I'm not very experienced with low budget tuning, I thought the cheaper suspention mod would be cool. Apparently not.:P
So for low budget tuning, it's better not to save on suspention mods?(depending on the car offcourse)
Could you please tell me what should be improved (on the suspention)?

I'm not saying the sports suspension isn't enough. Maybe if you tweak a bit the sports suspension settings you don't need a racing suspension at all. I'll have to try it.

Here's the racing suspension settings I've used:
Spring rate 6.4/5.6
Ride height 110/110
Bounce 8/8
Rebound 8/8
Camber angle 2.5/1.0
Toe angle 0/0
Stabiliser 4/4

There's another Mini Cooper S in this thread. Have you checked it? With an oil change and racing exhaust, your Mini puts out the same power as Soprano S13's Mini. I´ve already tested both at the same course and guess what... :sly:

And here's the sports suspension settings:

Ride height 120/120
Damper 4/4
Camber angle 2.5/1.0

And here's the results of my tests at Suzuka East:

Soprano S13's Cooper S: 1'02.477
ViPP Cooper S w/ racing susp mentioned above: 1'01.632 (racing exhaust)
ViPP Cooper S w/ sports susp mentioned above: 1'01.837 (racing exhaust)

Kent I have looked at the first post but my Garage is not linked in the first post. I understand if you have just missed it though.

Hmmm ok then... I've tried it at the 'Ring. I'll review it at another location. :)

I'm not saying the sports suspension isn't enough. Maybe if you tweak a bit the sports suspension settings you don't need a racing suspension at all. I'll have to try it.

Here's the racing suspension settings I've used:
Spring rate 6.4/5.6
Ride height 110/110
Bounce 8/8
Rebound 8/8
Camber angle 2.5/1.0
Toe angle 0/0
Stabiliser 4/4

There's another Mini Cooper S in this thread. Have you checked it? With an oil change and racing exhaust, your Mini puts out the same power as Soprano S13's Mini. I´ve already tested both at the same course and guess what... :sly:

And here's the sports suspension settings:

Ride height 120/120
Damper 4/4
Camber angle 2.5/1.0

And here's the results of my tests at Suzuka East:

Soprano S13's Cooper S: 1'02.477
ViPP Cooper S w/ racing susp mentioned above: 1'01.632 (racing exhaust)
ViPP Cooper S w/ sports susp mentioned above: 1'01.837 (racing exhaust)

You know what, I'll just put these settings of yours in the post.
Offcourse will your name be mentioned.

Thanks mate!:)

@Vince247

what did you do with photoshop. i see you made a logo and the picture seems lighter. btw my current nickname is NineEleven, michael15 is old.

@Vince247

what did you do with photoshop. i see you made a logo and the picture seems lighter. btw my current nickname is NineEleven, michael15 is old.

well I did some brightness and contrast, cropped the "Gran Turismo/SCEI©" watermark away and I'd put your name on it.

You can do it yourself next time, just take a visit to the Photo&Video galleries and download GIMP(a free photo editing software, commonly used by a big bunch of members). If you're interested offcourse.:)

hmm i remember giving it a 8 for the general score vince if that helps any.

thanks mate.!
I'll post the rating for your Ford GT here:

I did it with no driving aids, except tcs.

times:
GVS: 1'56.237
Tsukuba 0'54.611
These where both new presonal track records.:sly:
Opinion: Oh my god... It's a beast! you'll need to keep concentrated with this one. This is just like my viper SRT-10, brake to hard and turn/ in turn you'll spin.:scared: It does handle nice on the straights though.

Rating: 7/10 (would be 8.5 if you could do something about the spinning.)

I must say your Mini looks damn cool Vince 👍

I'm going to try that car as well and get my own suspension settings up for it. I like the smaller, less-powerfull cars more and more lately.

If you constantly race high power beasts, the sense of speed is just lost. That's so boring. So I'm trying to get the speed-feel back ;)

-----------

There's also coming up:
- Nissan Silvia (S13) @ 280 BHP
- Honda NSX (Newest Model) @ 327 BHP
- Toyota Celica (FF version) (90's model) @ 180 BHP

I just need to post those 3 up, wich I hope will be this afternoon but I'm not sure.

:)

Thanks Niels.:)
I think you're right about the speed feeling, that's why I like that mustang so much.:D It's got the looks, enough power to have fun in it and not too much power.

thanks mate.!
I'll post the rating for your Ford GT here:

I did it with no driving aids, except tcs.

times:
GVS: 1'56.237
Tsukuba 0'54.611
These where both new presonal track records.:sly:
Opinion: Oh my god... It's a beast! you'll need to keep concentrated with this one. This is just like my viper SRT-10, brake to hard and turn/ in turn you'll spin.:scared: It does handle nice on the straights though.

Rating: 7/10 (would be 8.5 if you could do something about the spinning.)
i should have warned you it's an animal but it's all cool i'm glad you enjoyed driving the car.

No problem GT40.:)

new project:

I'm planning to recreate the new Shelby GT 500.
With the engine from the Ford GT in a 'Stang, must be "fun"(understatement of the week)
I'll look up the real car stats and try to turn that in to GT4 settings.

anyone else got ideas?

Ideas for cars you mean?

Create the fastest race car you can, from a stock(!) FF car, on R2 tyres and no nitrous. :mischievous:

Who turns out to produce the fastest car?

I already got one possible car in my garage...

Front wheel drive cars can be very fun you know ;)

Tip: The weight lies in the front of the car, so it's obvious that there's a higher spring rate supporting the front. But to keep FF cars from understeering, it's sometimes needed to stiffen the rear up ;) Then you get the common sight of FF cars driving on 2 front wheels and only 1 in the back, during corners.

my guestimate is that it'll be a honda of some sort, since NA engine suits FF better than turbo.. besides, my own experience supports this guess.

My new project: Honda ITR '99 280 HP Class.
I bought the parts and it's got 263 hp but i'm not sure wich exhaust i'm gonna mount so it could be 261 or 256 if i change. The tranny is tuned and it goes like hell. with TSC on it hit 100 after 6.45 s and 200 after 20s
now i need to get the power down good on a slowcornertrack like Tsukuba which is almost impossible :(

Nice michael!

*Spot reserved for GT500 settings*:P

little preview:

The Shelby mustang GT500 project:

Lately I watched a show on tv, starring the star of that night: "the new '07 Shelby Mustang GT500". This show inspired me to make this car in GT4 based on the '05 mustang GT model.

Wikipedia: "Shelby and Ford returned with a Shelby-branded Mustang, the Shelby GT500 for 2007. Introduced at the 2005 New York International Auto Show, the GT500 uses a 5.4L Modular supercharged V8. Features include the Tremec TR-6060 6-speed manual transmission, suspension tuning, a body kit, and 18 inch wheels.

Deliveries of the Shelby GT500 began in May 2006.

A collaboration of Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) and Carroll Shelby, the GT500 will be produced in limited quantity for three years (approximately 10,000 units/year) on the line at Ford's Flat Rock, Michigan (AutoAlliance) assembly facility."

180px-GT500_quarter.jpg

I wanted to make it as near as the real ride, ánd keep it smooth. Therefore I didn't look at the costs.

The Car:

Shelby Mustang GT500 ViPP '07

Based on the Ford mustang GT '05 (25.950 Cr)

The Parts:

Racing Brakes (4.700)
Port & Polish (5.500)
Engine balancing (12.000)
Racing Chip (1.500)
Full Customisable Transmission (10.400)
Triple Clutch (4.700)
Racing Flywheel (1.050)
2 way Lsd (4.500)
Carbon Driveshaft (3.000)
Supercharger (13.500)
Racing Suspention (17.000)
Weight Reduction Stage 2 (6.700)
S2/S3 (6.000/6.800)
optional: R3's (22.500)

This bring the costs to: 156.450 Cr.

The settings:

Suspention: F / R
Springs 10.3 / 8.3
Height 107 / 107
bounce 8 / 8
Rebound 8 / 8
Camber 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / 0
Stabiliser 5 / 5

Transmission:
Auto to 13, final to 3.400

Driving Aids: ASM off, Tcs at 5.

Times:

When I go test a car to tune it, I always take it to these two tracks. GVS has got a nice amount of different corners and entry speeds and Tsukuba is my favourite track.

Grand Valley Speedway: 2'03.085
Tsukuba: 0'59.318

Description of handling characteristics:

I really liked doing this car. It has really solid handling.:) Power the the Muscle Cars!:D

Rated by:

No one yet.

The C2 is the upgrade over the Miata-based C1. The car's engine features a nearly flat torque band, giving nearly 200lb.ft or turning power from the start of the race to the finish. The C2 is not as big a step up in speed over the C1 as in present in the X line, but the car's larger interior, higher power rating, and loud growl as it accelerates all distinguish it form it's smaller sibling. Like it's sports car relatives, it entered and won the Japan Championship.

Specifications
Engine Type - I4 DOHC
Displacement – 2.0L
Power - 307HP/8300rpm
Torque – 198.98ft.ln/5500rpm
Weight - 1 250kg (2 756lbs)
1/4 Mile – 13.485s
0-1000m – 24.360s
0-100kmh – 5.2s
Lap Time at Tsukuba – 1'03.4xx

Parts:
Racing Chip
Stage 2 NA Tuning
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Suspension

Settings
Spring Rate – 4.0/4.3
Ride height – 105mm/105mm
Shock Absorbers – 8/8
Camber – 2.0/1.0

Price
$56,250

It should michael, just keep in mind he's done settings that are capabale of this time.

maybe raise front camber a bit? It improves cornering(3.0/1.0 works fine for me)

This thread has inspired me to whip out my GT4 disc and play again. hopefully I will have a good budget car for you guys in a few days. I bought a few cars last night and am still testing them to see which one I like best. Ill post up my car(s) as soon as possible.

Nice to know that Socomplayer2:)

Kent maybe this is a good one for the first post:

Oh and anyone who's new to tuner garages/tuning go visit -> here <-, -> here <- and -> here <-

Scaff:bowdown:

these guides are very useful for understanding the cars physics and how to apply tuning to improve the car's charasteristics which will improve the quality of your posted settings:D.
It's a book full of information, I know, it's worth the whole lot.:)

Neither, it's a semi-racing. I'm not made of money. Post edited accordingly. I also tweak the settings a bit to get a bit more speed out of the car.

And michael, have you posted your Integra? I'd like to learn about some FF tuning for possible future products.

Neither, it's a semi-racing. I'm not made of money. Post edited accordingly. I also tweak the settings a bit to get a bit more speed out of the car.

cool thats all i needed to know.....
i'm gonna get the settings and test it out.
i'll post a score probably wednesday

G's 6.2 miler '83 Red Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex

Ok, to make this car right buy it in red.👍

Parts list (all from Tom's tune shop)
-Supercharger
-Semi racing exaust
-Racing brakes
-Racing chip
-Original suspension
-*Full Customize and Stock transmission
-Twin plate clutch
-Semi racing flywheel
-Carbon driveshaft
-Stage 1&2 weight reduction
-R1 tires
-Oz 17 wheels
-Oil change & chassis refresh if its not a 6.2 miler

Stats
-212hp@6600rpm
-223ft.lb@5200rpm
-883kg

Suspension Settings
F R
Spring rate 6.0 6.5
Ride hight 83 90
Shocks 4 4
Chamber 2.0 .5
Toe 0 0
Stabilizers 4 4

Full Customize

1st 2.668
2nd 1.852
3rd 1.377
4th 1.071
5th .871
6th .742
Final 4300
Auto 9

No Aids

* Use the full custom trans on longer tracks and the standard on shorter ones. With the standard trans it tops out at 138 and with the full customize tops out at 153+

Its suspension was tuned at the Nurburgring, the trans was tuned on Sarth (long one) and it put up a time of 1:20.37x on High Speed Ring.

Please test and give me pos/neg feedback.

ENJOY!

Back