Tuning help request: M3 GT '11 at Monza

Australia
Wollongong
THNDR_Artsy
Hey Tuning Legends,

I have a race coming up at Monza in the M3 GT '11 on racing soft tyres. Only rules with Tuning is no turbo allowed (power 500 BHP, weight 1245kg). It's an endurance race (2 hours, with 3x tyres, 2x fuel and 6L refuel rate).

Would definitely appreciate any advice (particularly around tuning for tyre saving). I'm currently running the lowest possible downforce also (though maybe this will be worse on tyres?). I don't think fuel will be much of an issue with the fast refuel rate, and the fact that tyres will likely run out before fuel does....

My current best lap is a 1.46.8

So basically: Sport Soft + unlocked transmission setup + unlocked suspension setup + unlocked aero setup?

If you think your handling is fine, dont change it for tyrewear.
Messing around to gain just the one extra lap per stint isnt worth propably worsening the handling, unless you are on the brink of finishing a lap and just miss a few percentage but then a slight adjustment to your driving would be better.
If too much front wear: coast before braking
If too much rear wear: slighty less aggressive on the throttle, though this might be more out of your habits and by that not worthwhile then

If you want to try making adjustments, then it would be reducing camber and toe angle.

The only adjustment to the car that I did was changing transmission
1724850843074.png

To me it felt more responsive and provides better traction than default settings.

Last edited:
Back