TYRE NOISE GONE MISSING

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
Hello gentlemen and ladies of GTP. I'm a tech doofuss and I've run into a problem with my GT6 tech. I'm using a pair of cheap Turtle Beach headphones and, last night, my tyre sound went missing. Other sounds seem to be there okay, but I'm amazed at how much I relied upon the tyre noises to assist me controlling the car, and racing without it is simply pointless.

Although the problem persisted whilst I used the TV sound, I'm assuming that it's my headphones which are causing it. I've messed with the microphone position in the pause menu, to no avail, and changed the race effects volume too; still the same.

Before I set about pulling the wiring apart (I really am a doofuss, honestly, I could blow the whole thing up just trying to do that) to bypass the headphones, can anyone make any other suggestions please?

Cheers, Zo.

No no no no Zo, don't go pulling your kit apart.
We had it a good few 'game versions' (updates) ago where there was a bug with sounds in the game, for example you'd have road noise but no engine or tyre noise from your own car, then engine noise would come back but still no tyre noise and so on.

Sounds much more like a bug than your equipment or system, did you try restarting the game and trying it in arcade mode or in another lobby etc.?
The way I see it (although as you know I'm an expert in nothing except being grumpy), if your headphones are working at all then its not the headphones at fault, they can only put out the noises sent to them, its not like they have a specific wire for engine noise, a different one for tyre noise etc.

Thanks Jim, I think I remember that bug, but I'm not sure whether it effected me or not. Memory! It's driving me mad.

After jumping out of the GBRC stuff last night, which was ace except for the sound, I went straight to another room, and did feel that things were a little better. I wasn't sure, though, if that was either wishful thinking, or if I was just becoming attuned to the lower levels of tyre feedback. There was something there, but very quiet.

Then I went to arcade time trial, and the damn things were completely mute. I threw the car into a spin at speed, red tyres everywhere, and not a hint of a sound from them. Funnily enough, it has just occurred to me that I did get some sound, just for a few seconds, as the surface changed at the tight left hander 2 thirds of the lap around Rome. That could point to a bug I suppose.

Well, thank for your time, and let's hope it gets fixed before it sends even more people off to Assetto, PCars etc.

Cheers, Zo.

If its only one part of the sound affected then its unlikely to be the hardware at fault, more likely to be a software bug. I had a similar issue after the recent update where I couldn't hear the engine at some tracks (Viper ACR at Tsukuba I think). Just a bug though, no reason to start pulling your hardware to pieces

Agreed with the guys, it's software not your hardware.

Unusual to hear of this now though.
It seemed this issue, once quite common, was solved.

If it persists I would wait for the next update and see what unfolds after downloading that.

Cheers fellas, my furrowed brow is soothed by your assurances.

I'm so jealous of you

I tend to agree, when thinking of the noise of comfort tyres, especially when they're screaming 'FOR PITY'S SAKE STOP PUSHING SO HARD!!!' in that particularly strident tone of theirs.

Still, I'd love a bit more of it right now.

Cheers, Zo.

Back