UKGTP8 - The Ocho - T-Shirt Design and Info

• Thread starter Venari
  • 59 comments
I've asked, but not received a response yet.

Nothing will get printed up with the gtplanet.net text or logo until Jordan permits it.

What if he says no? Can we make something similar like Geeteepee.net?

GT[]D.net?

I've heard Jordan doesn't like people using his logos unless they buy him a 1st class plane ticket to the event with all equipment supplied.

:lol:

Well, he is welcome. I think Kazakhstan Airways has a charter flight that only goes a couple of thousand miles off course. :)

Yeah... nice. The second one, without the circle...

I think we'd have to keep it to two colours.

Maybe if the needle stopped just a little short of the O... like this:

That looks even beter !

Bee - niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Don't know how feasible it is, but I'm going to have to ask! :)

Keep 'em coming. When we've got a few more ideas, we can start mix & matching all the bits we like.

I just wondered where you were having the ts made Mark? the ones i did for UKGTP7 didnt cost as much as yours... granted they werent as graphically designed as yours, but still....

i used a German company as they were cheaper, quicker and generally more efficiant that any british company i could find. they made and delivered within 4 days.

i think you may be hopin for too much if you start ordering lots of different sizes. but that was just from my experience before!

@Bert, i love your design, and i would much rather have exelero put on my t if usernames are used! but yours is lovely and bright!

What is the url to that german company?
I just tried to make a design on a us site and on a german site, but they both had to few fonts to choose from.
And uploading the text as an image and putting it on a shirt is to expensive.

All the online sites I've found are not flexible enough to do what we (Los Ochoista) or I (the control freak) want. And if they come close, they seem expensive.

That said, I haven't tried many - so post/PM your site details. :)

If we go for a single logo and nothing else, then standard polos are £11.75, as are ladies T's. I think ladies polos are £14.10, as are the 'luxury' mens' polos that come in the colours I mentioned.

Once we add some more custom graphics, it's the extra cost mentioned. I'm definitely leaning towards the dual colour transfer print - the quality is very high.

We could always have some with just the logo and some personalised, there's no restriction on volume.

Don't worry, it will all sort itself out. :)

Uh, no, not if they are being ordered by me. That would get messy. You're welcome to bring your own T-shirt, but you may upset the natural order of the universe and cause a refracted quantum semi-terminated fissure in space-time, allowing Elephants to be able to speak Welsh and the entire population of Grimsby to forget what fish are.

Yeah? Can you imagine an elephant with a cold trying to pronounce 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'? It's apocalypse, I tell you!

(The population of Grimsby would like to apologise for Venari. He went mad, so we shot him.)

I found a firm which make my design for €7,13
The only catch is that you have to order at least 250 :(

edit: EXelero, how much did you pay for the shirts at UKGTP7?

I found a firm which make my design for €7,13
The only catch is that you have to order at least 250 :(

What's wrong with that? You could give the people that couldn't go one, well the ones that spoke up that they couldn't go :D

I'm afraid i dont remember the name of the company. i asked Spec too but he couldn't remember. I only wanted text so i'm afraid i didnt take much notice of anything else. There is a company near to us in Lincoln that did Famine's t for a fiver even with front and back text. VEXD would be the best person to ask bout that cos i think he took away some details.

most companies say, the more you order the cheaper they are, but graphics do cost!! best to just try and keep it simple unless the place is pretty accessable to personally visit and check what they're doing!

Yeah? Can you imagine an elephant with a cold trying to pronounce 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'?

Can you imagine how many pints of elephant phlegm it'd take to pronounce the first three syllables of that? By the time he got done with the whole name, all of Wales would be covered in a 3 inch-thick layer of elephant snot! :scared: :ill:

Just buy some T-shirts and some printable iron-on transfers!
Just remember to print stuff backwards, and don't iron the logos on upside-down! Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything....:rolleyes:

'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'?

Thats menai, or anglesea right. My mum can pronounce it, but I cannot even hope to. It is like a description of a place that got condensed all into one word, I forget what the actual description is of, something including a church and a hazel tree...

Yeah, that's it. The locals say Llanfair, or sometimes Llanfair-pee-gee. Good article on Wiki.

As for t-shirts, yes, the t-shirt place I'm looking at is a couple of minutes walk for me of a Friday afternoon. They're also a really nice couple and want to help out. I'm fairly certain they haven't dealt with quite such a cheap-assed picky bugger like me, but hey.

I was trying my design on a dutch website a t-shirt like my design without the username and sleeve color costs €10,59 for 24 tshirts (all large shirts).
A personal tshirt with username costs around €20
I'm asking for a specific price for the design with and without the username.
I'll also be on the lookout for other shops in my neighborhood.

I made mine with the use of an official GTP T-shirt, a printer and an iron....

That only works on light colored t-shirts i believe :)

Got a reply from digitransfer.info
If i make the design in their online creator and order it, they will change the fonts in the ones i requested for no extra charge.

Here is the pricing for the design:
  • A quality t-shirt (100% cotton, weight 165 grams)
    • Without custom username: €18,95
    • With custom username: €19,95
  • A basic polo (100% cotton, weight 200 grams)
    • Without custom username: €25,95
    • With custom username: €26,95

You can choose the colors for the shirt and the text.
If you want the text in multiple colors, it costs €1 for every extra color.
You can go here to find out the different available colors:
http://www.digitransfer.info/index.php?page=create
Even Glow In the Dark is available as a color for the text :)

Haven't tested out the design of other persons, since images are used, and you would need a good quality image to make the design in the creator.

Here is an example of how it looks with arial.
(so you can see the size of the text)
shpj1.png

Color shirt: Fawn
Color text: Metallic Gold

I can ask if they can turn the racing league a bit like in my own design.
Going to do that right away :)

Is anyone still interested in this?
I'm planning to order a tshirt for myself using my own design.
If anyone else wants one, just pm me the size and colors you want it in.
+ if you want your username on it.
Be aware that it'll probable cost you the price for 1 tshirt, like i mentioned in that post.

Yeah, still going. I've got another idea for the rev-counter, but it will involve a bit of time with SolidWorks, so I'll have to steel myself to it. :)

Wrt the standard Tshirt webshops I found that they
a) can print text
b) they can print pictures (either big A4) or small 10/10 cm on the breast pocket area.
c) a standard logo that they provide :yuck:
d) a & b & c

Alas non of them can print a transparent gif. By that I mean e.g. The numbers on a revcounter and the dial only. So to emulate that you need to create something with a white background and print on a white tshirt to emulate the transparancy :grumpy:
If you try your transparent gif on a blue tshirt you end up with a white square (=your transparent part of the picture) on your tshirt.

Darn!

AMG.

Such is the beauty of A) a shop around the corner, B) multi-pass transfer printing (bold clean shapes of one colour per pass) and/or C) embroidery.
This is the shop I'm using:

http://www.sewsublime.co.uk/

Heh, they've got all the polo/t-shirt colours and stuff. I never noticed that.

I'm going to have a play this weekend to finish the logo, then I'm going to put up a couple of proofs.

You like/you dislike, you order/you don't order. Easy. :)

This is what I came up with (on screen)

The logo is oversized in this pic to make it legible. I was aiming for 10 by 10cm IRL. The yellow UKGTPP8 doesnt show well in the pic.

AMG.

My girlfriend is cross stitching my avatar onto the whole front of my t-shirt. It's gonna be huge.

I'm bailing on the T-shirts.

Too much life in the way, plus the lukewarm reception for them as a whole, meant that I had little motivation to finish the logo I started.

V.

Back