Unboxing of the GT6 Asia Collector's Edition

• Thread starter Inferno251
  • 25 comments
Australia
Sydney
Inferno_251
I tried searching for other threads like this, but I couldn't find anything-so I started a new one.

This is a series of photos showing the unboxing and contents of the GT6 Asia Collector's Edition. I was able to purchase mine from Play Asia but unfortunately they're out of stock (on the site you can choose to have the Apex II book either in Chinese or English). If, like I did, you are looking to import this version then I do not know where else you can purchase it (if you do, please feel free to post). Alternatively, you can purchase the game along with the English version of the Apex II book here.

Here are the contents of the GT6 Asia Collector's Edition:

image.jpg

Arguably the biggest reason to purchase this version is for the diecast model of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 with the 15th Anniversary Livery. At 1/43 scale it is on the small side, but the elaborate detail and the unique livery makes it a nice addition to a car enthusiast's collection:

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Next is the standard game (of course :dunce:)
N.B. For some reason the photos were rotated 270 degrees when I uploaded them. I don't know how to fix this.

image.jpg image.jpg

Then there are the codes. You are given all of the cars that have been offered with the exception of the R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition and more strangely the GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition (considering the fact that you get the physical model) :odd:.

This card contains the codes for the Torque Pack, the Velocity pack, the Performance Pack and the Adrenaline Pack, the 15th Anniversary Racing Suit and Helmet and the 1,000,000 in-game credits:
N.B. Bear in mind that people are reporting that the 1,000,000 Credits are only accessible on the account you claimed the codes from, whilst the cars can be accessed by any account on the ps3.

image.jpg
(I cropped the bottom where the code lies :P)

This is a unique 3D card which contains the code to obtain the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 15th Anniversary Edition (C7) (2014), the Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition (2012) and the Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition (2013)

image.jpg

(The 3D card is attached to another card by double-sided tape. Remove the 3D card to find the code behind it ;))

The final piece is the Apex II book. I haven't had the time to read it, but many of its contents are similar to that of the Original Apex book:
N.B. Again, for some reason the photos were rotated 270 degrees when I uploaded them. I don't know how to fix this.

image.jpg image.jpg

In terms of price, I ended up paying AUD $170 for it (which included over $30 in shipping! :scared: :grumpy:), which ends up costing $55 more than the Anniversary Edition available at EB Games Australia. The contents of this pack can overall be best compared with the GT5 Collector's Edition (give or take a few items), which roughly was around a similar price tag (minus the shipping of course).

Despite the price, I am still satisfied with my purchase, (with it going nicely besides my GT5 Signature Edition and perhaps one of the few people in Australia to have it :))and would recommend this to anyone else dedicated to Gran Turismo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I tried searching for other threads like this, but I couldn't find anything-so I started a new one.

This is a series of photos showing the unboxing and contents of the GT6 Asia Collector's Edition. I was able to purchase mine from Play Asia but unfortunately they're out of stock (on the site you can choose to have the Apex II book either in Chinese or English). If, like I did, you are looking to import this version then I do not know where else you can purchase it (if you do, please feel free to post). Alternatively, you can purchase the game along with the English version of the Apex II book here.

Here are the contents of the GT6 Asia Collector's Edition:

View attachment 88132

Arguably the biggest reason to purchase this version is for the diecast model of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 with the 15th Anniversary Livery. At 1/43 scale it is on the small side, but the elaborate detail and the unique livery makes it a nice addition to a car enthusiast's collection:

View attachment 88134 View attachment 88136

View attachment 88139 View attachment 88138
View attachment 88140 View attachment 88141
View attachment 88137 View attachment 88142

Next is the standard game (of course :dunce:)
N.B. For some reason the photos were rotated 270 degrees when I uploaded them. I don't know how to fix this.

View attachment 88148 View attachment 88149

Then there are the codes. You are given all of the cars that have been offered with the exception of the R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition and more strangely the GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition (considering the fact that you get the physical model) :odd:.

This card contains the codes for the Torque Pack, the Velocity pack, the Performance Pack and the Adrenaline Pack, the 15th Anniversary Racing Suit and Helmet and the 1,000,000 in-game credits:
N.B. Bear in mind that people are reporting that the 1,000,000 Credits are only accessible on the account you claimed the codes from, whilst the cars can be accessed by any account on the ps3.

View attachment 88150 (I cropped the bottom where the code lies :P)

This is a unique 3D card which contains the code to obtain the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 15th Anniversary Edition (C7) (2014), the Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition (2012) and the Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition (2013)

View attachment 88151

(The 3D card is attached to another card by double-sided tape. Remove the 3D card to find the code behind it ;))

The final piece is the Apex II book. I haven't had the time to read it, but many of its contents are similar to that of the Original Apex book:
N.B. Again, for some reason the photos were rotated 270 degrees when I uploaded them. I don't know how to fix this.

View attachment 88155 View attachment 88156

In terms of price, I ended up paying AUD $170 for it (which included over $30 in shipping! :scared: :grumpy:), which ends up costing $55 more than the Anniversary Edition available at EBGames[\url]. Despite the price, I still am satisfied with my purchase which will go great with my GT5 Signature Edition (as well as probably being one of few Aussies to own this :D). The price and contents can be best compared with the GT5 Collector's Edition, which give or take a few items, are almost similar. Overall, this is a good product and would recommend it to any car enthusiast or GT fan.

one question DLC works on UK account?
plz answer i wanna buy one

one question DLC works on UK account?
plz answer i wanna buy one

Unfortunately the codes only work on the Hong Kong PSN store. Furthermore, the 1 million Cr only works on the account you activated the code for. However, everything else (including the 23 Anniversary edition cars can work on all accounts tied to the PS3).

All you have to do is create a Hong Kong PSN account on your PS3, then claim the codes :).

Looks so geewd. Have you had the chance to look through the APEX book?

I've only skim read it. The first chapter is new and goes into the technical and theoretical side of driving (e.g. Law of fluid motion :embarrassed:), whilst the subsequent few chapters are very similar to the ones featured in the original Apex book (which you got if you purchased the GT5 Collectors or Signature Editions), with tips on improving driving skills, knowledge on the different mechanical components of the car, countering oversteer/understeer, etc. The last two chapter show a track list (with information about each track) and a list of 30 of the new cars featured in GT6. Hopefully, the app version goes to the same/similar length.

I may post a few pictures of the pages if I have time ;)

Unfortunately the codes only work on the Hong Kong PSN store. Furthermore, the 1 million Cr only works on the account you activated the code for. However, everything else (including the 23 Anniversary edition cars can work on all accounts tied to the PS3).

All you have to do is create a Hong Kong PSN account on your PS3, then claim the codes :)

are you sure?..
because i downloaded VW 15At from Japanese store (PSPlus),,but i can't find...

are you sure?..
because i downloaded VW 15At from Japanese store (PSPlus),,but i can't find...

I downloaded the cars on the 3D voucher from my HK PSN, and they turned up on the garage linked to my AUS PSN

I downloaded the cars on the 3D voucher from my HK PSN, and they turned up on the garage linked to my AUS PSN
When dlc for purchase is available later on eg more tracks and cars, how will you be able to buy them when you are in Australia? If you use you Hong Kong account do you need to use a Hong Kong credit card?

When dlc for purchase is available later on eg more tracks and cars, how will you be able to buy them when you are in Australia? If you use you Hong Kong account do you need to use a Hong Kong credit card?
I will have to purchase DLC from the Hong Kong PSN store. The only way to do this (whilst living outside of Hong Kong) is to obtain HK PSN Cards such as these

This is exactly version of GT6 i've bought :) Since i live in Taiwan, i just preordered it. It costs 2750NT.
This collector's edition includes only 23 DLC cars. For preorder you get additional 1 car (Audi R8 15th Anniv).
One more missed car GT-R GT3 15th Anniv you can get if you subscribe to PSN Plus (I guess you have to use Asian PSN account). So i had to spend additionaly 168NT for 1 month of PSN Plus and i've got that GT-R.

Thus, i've got all 25 15th anniversary cars :)

ahh thanks!! Damn that thing is really nice! I was gutted the UK CE didn't come with the second Apex book as I wanted matching GT5 and GT6 CE's lulz

This is exactly version of GT6 i've bought :) Since i live in Taiwan, i just preordered it. It costs 2750NT.
This collector's edition includes only 23 DLC cars. For preorder you get additional 1 car (Audi R8 15th Anniv).
One more missed car GT-R GT3 15th Anniv you can get if you subscribe to PSN Plus (I guess you have to use Asian PSN account). So i had to spend additionaly 168NT for 1 month of PSN Plus and i've got that GT-R.

Thus, i've got all 25 15th anniversary cars :)

I didn't get the preorder bonus-maybe they didn't offer it :confused:. But I wouldn't be surprised if PD eventually offer these cars in giveaways, seasonal events, etc

ahh thanks!! Damn that thing is really nice! I was gutted the UK CE didn't come with the second Apex book as I wanted matching GT5 and GT6 CE's lulz

If you care more about getting the book than the car, you can still purchase this one, which cones with the Apex II book and preorder cars only

Last edited:
I didn't get the preorder bonus-maybe they didn't offer it :confused:. But I wouldn't be surprised if PD eventually offer these cars in giveaways, seasonal events, etc

If you care more about getting the book than the car, you can still purchase this one, which cones with the Apex II book and preorder cars only

oh wow thanks! :D Though last time I checked Play Asia wont ship to the UK... though now I know its out there I might just try and find it without the game so I can put my own UK CE in the box so they match ^^

Just like when we got GT5 collectors edition here in the united states that came out november 2010 and had the same things. The die cast car, apex book, game and the code for bonus cars. Wish they would of released a collectors edition here in the united states for GT6 but i am happy with the 15th anniversary edition cars.

it's highly unlikely because it's already offered. I don't remember any repeat in such offers for GT5.
But at least you can get GT-R if you create Asian (HK account should be fine) PSN account and subscribe for PSN Plus for 1 month at least. Offer valid till Jan 8, 2014.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/news/00_5550723.html

it's highly unlikely because it's already offered. I don't remember any repeat in such offers for GT5.
But at least you can get GT-R if you create Asian (HK account should be fine) PSN account and subscribe for PSN Plus for 1 month at least. Offer valid till Jan 8, 2014.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/news/00_5550723.html

They did release some of the Stealth and Chromeline models that were originally the preorder bonuses as apart of the GT5 Collectors and Signature Editions. Furthermore, O2 are giving a free Adrenaline Pack (see this thread).
I'm hoping that they will-either that or you can hack me a copy ;)

Last edited:
A couple of questions, if you could please answer them for me:

1. Would it work with a US PS3?
2. How much did you pay for it?

It looks even better than the GT5 CE. I'm really annoyed that Sony didn't decided to sell something like this for the US market, the contents and the packaging are really cool!

It looks even better than the GT5 CE. I'm really annoyed that Sony didn't decided to sell something like this for the US market, the contents and the packaging are really cool!

As far as I know:

1. PS3 games are not region-locked, so no reason why this won't work on a US PS3; and
2. I'm not sure if the bonus DLC content will work on US accounts...
3. I paid SGD119 for this, which would work out to ~ USD95.

I'm assuming that you're asking about the physical CE copy.

1.Yes. However, the DLC and the game disc must be from the same region. That means creating a PSN account from wherever Asian country you purchased it from (in my case Hong Kong) and entering the codes there.
(Edit: Ninja'd by guy above)
2.It costs $USD 129.99 (excl. shipping). By the time I purchased it along with shipping, it costed about $USD 161 ($AUD 170). It works out to be of similar price to the GT5 CE
As for the last point, I do agree. One of the biggest complaints I have about Gran Turismo is how it's marketed, which includes region-exclusive special editions, regional-exclusive DLC, etc :grumpy:. However, they did allow everyone access to the same preorder content this time around 👍

As far as I know:

1. PS3 games are not region-locked, so no reason why this won't work on a US PS3; and
2. I'm not sure if the bonus DLC content will work on US accounts...
3. I paid SGD119 for this, which would work out to ~ USD95.

I'm assuming that you're asking about the physical CE copy.

Where did you purchase it? Online or in-store?

Edit: double post

In-store.

Dang :(.

I used to live in Singapore a while ago-and one positive of that was electronics are incredibly cheap.
Seriously, us Australians are always getting ripped off. Some Americans complain about paying $USD 60 for a game, here you pay equivalent of $USD 85

Going off topic, another example is the FPS Titanfall an its Collectors Edition-the one with the art book and big 18-inch statue. In America, it costs $USD 250, but here the equivalent is $USD 357. WTF!?!?! :banghead:.
Furthermore, our government wants to consider adding tax to online purchases. If they do that, I'm just going to live overseas once I finish my university degree...
Off-topic turned rant over

Last edited:
Dang :(.

I used to live in Singapore a while ago-and one positive of that was electronics are incredibly cheap.
Seriously, us Australians are always getting ripped off. Some Americans complain about paying $USD 60 for a game, here you pay equivalent of $USD 85

Going off topic, another example is the FPS Titanfall an its Collectors Edition-the one with the art book and big 18-inch statue. In America, it costs $USD 250, but here the equivalent is $USD 357. WTF!?!?! :banghead:.
Furthermore, our government wants to consider adding tax to online purchases. If they do that, I'm just going to live overseas once I finish my university degree...
Off-topic turned rant over

Yeah... electronics and cigarettes in Australia are like daylight robbery. ...

Back