VCRC T#3 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31) '83 - Champion BrandonW77!

I just noticed I have an extra one of these cars in my garage if anyone needs one for the race tomorrow. Make a post on here and I'll check later and send an FR to my Yuri ID and I'll send it along.

Just an fyi, I sent TyrrellRacing a car last night.
And I also have a spare I could send... after midnight if anyone needed.

Yeh I got two now :lol:. I'l send the second if anyone needs it or if one of you two want it back.

watermelonpunch
That's fine, you can keep it. I have about 6. :lol:

I have a thumbdrive so I have as an infinite amount of them. :)

Looking forward to Autumn Ring R and GVR tomorrow. This car doesn't seem to care for Monza though, it doesn't like heavy braking from high speeds.

An infinite amount... That sounds like you're spoiling for a physics debate. :sly:

You know, I've never done that save restore thing. But I do have a Hello Kitty thumb drive, should the need arise.
But that still doesn't help w/ the 1 car gifting per day cap. :(

Looking forward to Autumn Ring R and GVR tomorrow. This car doesn't seem to care for Monza though, it doesn't like heavy braking from high speeds.

It's the part after the heavy braking I don't care for... But then, nobody has 20 minutes to spend reading my list of complaints about Monza. :indiff: On the upside, Johnnypenso really likes the Monza track. :boggled: JOY. :dopey:

But I'm just going to say this right now... Johnnypenso told me to brake earlier because I won't get 1,000 points for drifting in the race tomorrow. ;) You've been forewarned, should you place ahead of me in Race #2. :lol:

I did a bit of testing at Monza, with a best lap of 2:23.974, slow is the way to go with this car on this track. Blew a 0,5 sec faster lap in the last corner, so I'm sure the fast guys will be pulling 2:21's!

Add your times to the Reference Laptimes thread

Last edited:
Got a service call already. Going after breakfast, but if I get one more and I can't put it off until after the race, my attendance might be touch and go. If I'm not able to show, it's not because I'm rude, it's because I'm working...lol...:grumpy:

Punch did a 2:25 in our little practice session so she's not far off the pace!!! Watch out!!!

We just did a week in the Alfa Zagato here and I did the Fall Tuning Shootout here where I ran about 250 laps on the no chicane track testing various kinds of 600-1000 hp, 1650+kg cars on SS tires so I'm pretty familiar with Monza:)

The trick to Monza is you have to use the curbs to your advantage. We're all the same in a straight line but if you can use as much of the curbs as is legal, it helps to straighten out the chicanes and improve your exit speed. Slower in, steady and stable through the chicane, power down as soon as possible. 👍

watermelonpunch
An infinite amount... That sounds like you're spoiling for a physics debate. :sly:

You know, I've never done that save restore thing. But I do have a Hello Kitty thumb drive, should the need arise.

Well I meant infinite in GT5 terms, I have one car but can gift it as many times as the law allows and still have one in my garage. I only do it when I'm sending someone a car for league racing or a prize car.

You should at least save your game to the thumbdrive every once in a while so if you get corrupt data or something you can get your cars, credit and XP back without starting over.

Wow what a couple of epic battles the last two races!! First Brandon, Sail and I ran nose to tail for 5 laps at Grand Valley until GT had a shunt in the first corner. Brandon and I went nose to tail for the remainder of the race and I just didn't have enough grunt on the straight to get by and Brandon didn't make any mistakes.

Monza was a winner take all. Brandon and I broke into the clear after a lap and some and the last couple of laps exchanged the lead a couple of times. Brandon passed me under braking in the second chicane last lap, I repassed on the inside going into Parabolica but he held the outside line and got on the throttle a bit earlier and won by a car length. Fantastic racing and I believe that gives you the title by a point and the bounty Brandon:)

Good day of racing!! Bounty is on Brandon now...forget about me..lol.:nervous:

Championship winner: BrandonW77!

1) BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / silver (39pts)
2) Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / 70s FireChicken (38pts)
3) GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica (31pts)
3) TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / wine (31pts)
4) watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light (29pts)

20120212nissanfairlady83-7s.jpg

Race #1: Autumn Ring Reverse
  1. Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / 70s FireChicken
  2. TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / wine
  3. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / silver
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light
  5. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica

Race #2: Grand Valley Speedway
  1. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / silver
  2. Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / 70s FireChicken
  3. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica
  4. TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / wine
  5. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light

Race 3: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  1. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / silver
  2. Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / 70s FireChicken
  3. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Lime Light
  5. TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / wine

20120212nissanfairlady83-1s.jpg

20120212nissanfairlady83-2s.jpg

Thanks, it was tough work! Beat him by less than a second in both races.

Had a lot of fun today, thanks to all for the good racing. Hope we get a better turnout for the RS200 next week, it's a very fun drive!

Tough, but great racing with everyone in the '83 Nissan!

Wow what a couple of epic battles the last two races!! First Brandon, Sail and I ran nose to tail for 5 laps at Grand Valley until GT had a shunt in the first corner. Brandon and I went nose to tail for the remainder of the race and I just didn't have enough grunt on the straight to get by and Brandon didn't make any mistakes.

I certainly over-cooked the 1st hairpin at Grand Valley!

Looking back on it, it was caused by my over-zealous entry into the hairpin. I had fallen back a little bit from Brandon on the exit from the 3rd tunnel, just before the final chicanes because I was worried that Johnny/Yuri was going to drive up my inside/right side going thru the tunnel. This meant that I didn't really get any draft from Brandon down the S/F straight because I was too far back. So I stayed on the throttle too long just hoping to catch back up, and completely lost it under braking in the 1st hairpin. Totally user error.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Back