VCRC Tournament #2 Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71 - Champion: Johnnypenso

Just a reminder that the race will be held in the PSN: VCRC lounge.
I believe everyone has been added now.

Look forward to seeing you all on the track!
(likely from behind :lol: :ouch:)

Also, next week's race sign up has been posted:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=242881

Essentially the same car just a newer vintage, and somewhat more peppy!
It's a fun one. Handling very similar to the 240zg in some ways.
And it looks very 80s. ;)
(It's no Lancia Stratos... but it will do. :D)
Still waiting on votes on the tracks to come in.

And voting on car selection for the following week's race is up in the VCRC forum. So get involved in that! :)

I would like to be in this event however I do not have the car. How can I get one quickly?

I didn't think I could make this but I'm in if you've got room. Sending FR now. My Z will be orange. psn: ncrthree.

Another exceptional even Punch, well run, on time and a great bunch of very clean and respectful drivers. Doesn't matter what the car is, it's fun racing in these events!!! Last race at Trial Mountain was lots of fun, a good track to make a comeback on with several tricky corners and a couple of places where you can take a risk and keep the hammer down and gain some time...at the risk of disaster of course..lol. All in all another great event!!

Last edited:
Had a great time today... Very clean and intense racing all around! Hope I can make it back again in the future, definitely a great group of racers here today.

Hey that was fun! Thanks. Those are great little cars, always wanted one of those in the 70's. Nice tight racing at all the tracks. Reverse grid sure mixes things up. Wish I hadn't made contact with Brandon on TM. Sorry again, I had a lot of momentum going into that turn with cars packed in front/behind/beside me and couldn't duck inside.

Fantastically good time of racing today. I have really enjoyed the past 2 weekends with this group. I dont know how much more I will be able to run as Sunday afternoons are tough with the family. Always fun though.

Very fun guys.

FYI: I do take some care in setting up the track race order & laps, to really play up the RGO angle. :lol: And I think it worked, it was a big upset mix up. Quite entertaining and exciting. It really took the entire 10 laps at Trial Mountain to shake things out, after the 1st 2 races.

And I'm impressed with the sportsmanship above & beyond, with people penalizing themselves essentially on race #2 & #3, for incidents that were uncertain at best/worst. 👍
Very friendly fun people involved here, thank you very much. :)

I can't say how lovely the R & FF on the replays is... Makes watching replays much more fun, with so many cars where I can jump around & see what was going on in other parts of the track.

Trial Mountain was not only fun to race... I really enjoyed watching the exciting replay!
I only skimmed the other 2, because quite frankly, Trial Mountain was my favourite of the 3. :D

Doing math now...

Edit: PS @ ncthree - sorry about getting a bit out of shape there in front of you on lap 9 Trial Mountain - I'm a bit hard on my tires

Last edited:
Championship winner: Johnnypenso!

Championship Points:
  1. Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / black (33pts)
  2. ID_racing / ID_racing / Matte Orange (32pts)
  3. Tyrrellracing / tyrrellracing / GT Pastel Tone 005 W (30pts)
  4. TrackBound7 / GTP_TrackBound7 / light blue (29pts)
  5. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / red (28pts)
  6. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / Silver Gray Metallic (26pts)
  7. ncrthree / GTP_ncrthree / orange (25pts)
  8. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica (23pts)
  9. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Mist Green (17pts)
  10. cc570 / cc570 / white (14pts)

20120205n240zg08s.jpg

Race Results:

Race 1: Tsukuba
  1. ID_racing / ID_racing / Matte Orange
  2. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / Silver Gray Metallic
  3. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / red
  4. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica
  5. ncrthree / GTP_ncrthree / orange
  6. TrackBound7 / GTP_TrackBound7 / light blue
  7. Tyrrellracing / tyrrellracing / GT Pastel Tone 005 W (light yellow)
  8. cc570 / cc570 / white
  9. Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / black
  10. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Mist Green
Race 2: Cote d’Azur
  1. Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / black
  2. Tyrrellracing / tyrrellracing / GT Pastel Tone 005 W (light yellow)
  3. TrackBound7 / GTP_TrackBound7 / light blue
  4. ncrthree / GTP_ncrthree / orange
  5. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / red
  6. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Mist Green
  7. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / Silver Gray Metallic
  8. ID_racing / ID_racing / Matte Orange
  9. cc570 / cc570 / white
  10. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica
Race 3: Trial Mountain
  1. Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / black
  2. ID_racing / ID_racing / Matte Orange
  3. Tyrrellracing / tyrrellracing / GT Pastel Tone 005 W (light yellow)
  4. TrackBound7 / GTP_TrackBound7 / light blue
  5. GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica
  6. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / red
  7. BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / Silver Gray Metallic
  8. ncrthree / GTP_ncrthree / orange
  9. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Mist Green
  10. cc570 / cc570 / white

20120205n240zg01s.jpg

20120205n240zg02s.jpg

20120205n240zg03s.jpg

20120205n240zg04s.jpg

20120205n240zg05s.jpg

20120205n240zg06s.jpg

20120205n240zg07s.jpg

Next race in the 83 Fairlady!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=242881

Good racing today, very happy with third overall. Would've been fourth had it not been for Trackbound spinning on the last corner. :lol:

Monaco was my favourite race. I spent most of it anxiously looking at the track map as trackbound got ever closer. Lap 4 yuri span and I was pushing hard trying to catch up but it was to no avail.

Might be able to make it next week but we'l see. Overall great racing all. :cheers:

Yes, congrats for the podium Tyrrellracing! It was impressive how you worked your way up through on Trial Mountain. When I saw you in the mirror, I was thinking - he wants around & there's no stoppin' him! And then once you did, you left me behind pretty quick! :( :lol:

Good racing today, very happy with third overall. Would've been fourth had it not been for Trackbound spinning on the last corner. :lol:

Monaco was my favourite race. I spent most of it anxiously looking at the track map as trackbound got ever closer. Lap 4 yuri span and I was pushing hard trying to catch up but it was to no avail.

Might be able to make it next week but we'l see. Overall great racing all. :cheers:

I should have been smarter there, that is for sure. I felt like ID go the best of me at Tsukuba. I was all over him trying to apply pressure. I ended up getting to the throttle a little too soon and spun. So at TM, when I started seeing him I really began pushing. One more lap and I think I had something for him. I drove way to hard into that last set of turns at TM and just got wicked loose. Sucked to throw away a podium, but really wanted a shot at the 2nd place in the race. As far as Monaco, I would catch up a bit, then overdrive and miss a mark. Then I saw Yuri which meant he had an issue somewhere, cuz he was pulling away. Then I got really excited and pushed way too hard. Every time you got big, I went too much and you got really small ;). Fun racing for sure today. Congrats to your podium...you ran a really clean smart day.

I really lucked out today!! A bad crash pushing hard in the first race to get by NCemt after a poor start on my part and I thought I was done in. Although Punch was in a heated battle with CC for 9th, she battled me hard, blocking the inside line on corner entry for a couple of laps before I finally got by in the last or second last lap. That one extra point made all the difference as it turned out but I sure had to work for it:crazy:

Luckily it meant starting in front at Monza and a lot of luck doing the come from behind at Trial Mountain.

Hopefully I can make the next event. Lot more weight and horsepower to deal with and maybe some bigger tracks should make for interesting racing 👍

LOL. It was the last sector of the last lap I believe when I muffed it all up & you got past me. :P
I'm simply terrible at Tsukuba, and I really felt there was no hope of getting by cc570, I could barely keep up with him. So once you fell behind, Johnny, my entire purpose in the race was to try & keep you in last... or at the least, keep you from getting by me in time to work your way up further. :lol: I watched the end of the reply just to see how ridiculous I looked trying to get back ahead of you. I think there was less than .5 second finish between us.

So for next week in the 83 Fairlady... I'm going to offer a prize for whoever can win the tournament against you for points! :lol: Fair & square, of course. But I figure I have to give some extra incentive motivation that you don't win 3 weeks in a row. haha.

"extra incentive motivation" :) maybe you should let the air out of some of his tires before the next race, cause this guy is fast!
This was another great bunch of races, at tsukuba my start was nervous, but laptimes eventually and slowly improved. I had a fast GTP_TrackBound7 on my tail for a while, but to my big relief, he seemed to drive off track? BrandonW77 was picking up speed, and even if I did 1:12.2´s he was not only hanging on, he was closing in, and as my tires got slippier my nerves got thinner, and I was driving defensive for the last 3-4 laps to very luckily bag a win. Monte Carlo was horrible, lots of small mistakes and confusion at the end, I was unsure if I had hit GTsail in the last chicane and slowed down, and Brandon could overtake easily before the finishline, putting me in 10th. Just plain sad.
Trial Mountain was more fun, I had a great start, and actually did progressively faster laptimes seeing the gap down to the pack increase to more than 3 seconds. In the second half of the race johnnypenso had broken free from the pack and was behind me in absolutely no time.
so..back to driving defensively on increaslingly worn out tires, which eventually made me (wisely) give room so johnny could pass, I didnt want to gamble and loose my chance of at least a 2. place. Johnny shot by and drove laptimes I think more than 2 seconds faster than mine. I was on the other hand slowing down to avoid a crash and if we had had one more lap to go, I'm sure Tyrell would have overtaken. Great fun, and thanks to watermelon for all her hard work!

Last edited:
It was a real treat racing with you all yesterday. I had some great battles in all 3 races, even if they weren't all up at the front. I was unreal at Tsukuba, I don't think I've ever driven like that before and I could have had the win but ID and I had a little rub in the second hairpin of the final lap as I tried to get by and I didn't want to appear that I was shoving my way by so I backed off and stayed in second, couldn't get another run on him but was happy to bring home a solid podium.

Thanks for putting this on Punch, I should be there again for the '83 version this weekend. 👍

"Extra incentive motivation" :nervous: Now everyone is going to be gunning for me...lol.....:scared:

It's getting tougher to win at all on GT5 anymore the competition is getting better as time goes by, to win twice in a row has to involve a lot of luck. To win 3 times in a row, I've gotta have 🤬 up my 🤬:eek: But I'll surely try...lol.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back