VCRC Tournament#5 *Toyota CELICA 1970* Congrats OwensRacing!!

With all the talk of mileage and HP, why don't we just limit everyone to the lowest HP after engine rebuild (probably around 118 or so). I think I am 119, I know Owens is 120.

I have 2 spare Celicas - one with 29,000 on the clock the other with 51,000 - if any one wants one let me know - you are more than welcome - the only reward i ask is that you promise not to lap me :)

I also hvae spares of most "vintage" cars so if you need anything feel free to ask.

Would like to join this. cargorat323. I'll get back to you on the car color.
EDIT Car color will be kyanite blue.

Last edited:
@ LancerEvo7: Welcome aboard! :)

With all the talk of mileage and HP, why don't we just limit everyone to the lowest HP after engine rebuild (probably around 118 or so).

I had thought about that at one point. But...
  • I'm not sure having people power limit will do all that much
  • I rather like the idea of people who take the time to get a low mileage car being allowed a bit of an edge. :sly:
  • It also provides the opportunity for the more experienced among us to handicap themselves if they wish by using a high mileage vehicle... without drawing attention to it. (Or, alternatively, by drawing attention to the fact that they're winning with a high mileage car. :lol:)
I have 2 spare Celicas - one with 29,000 on the clock the other with 51,000 - if any one wants one let me know - you are more than welcome - the only reward i ask is that you promise not to lap me :)

The chances of anyone, including me, getting lapped in a +/- 15 minute race, are slim to none... unless someone decides to pull over & have a sandwich. :lol:
That's one of the reasons these are sprint races. hahaha.
I don't think I've been lapped yet in a sunday tournament race. :)

I've now got the car (thank you very much jackargent!) :D

I've decided I'm going to be a rebel... I've painted my car flash green!

so to clarify... it's PNuTButR / jazza96uk / Flash Green

Not sure if you seen my edit, but car color will be Kyanite Blue. Look forward to the race. Thanks.

Welcome guys!!!
welcomesign.gif

Colours updated.
👍

I like seeing a variety of colours... makes watching the replays that much more entertaining. :)

(wat3rm370n = photomode geek)

Last edited:
For the next...
Sunday Tournament#6 - March 4th
Sunday 9am PST / 12pm noon EST / 5pm GMT / 6pm CET
BMW 2002 Turbo ‘73
comfort soft tires
TRACK VOTE OPEN (in the VCRC forum)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2615

Just a little plug:
Low HP Cat & Mouse Vintage Variety Event
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=244898
There's a time slot that's taking place after this event, if anyone's interested & up for more racing Sunday. (There's also 2 other time slots.)
It's a fun relaxed event, as an opportunity to meet some other racers who are interested in the lower power & vintage cars, unmodified & on road tires. Etc.
There's lots of us who like a variety of niche kind of racing, and this could be the opportunity for newcomers to get to test the waters to see how we roll. :)

Everyone got their car now?
Let us know if anyone still needs one. :)

I'm going to hope to get in more practice before Sunday! :)

Also, the car selection is taking place in the VCRC forum for Tournament #7 for anyone interested in that:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2653

VCRC also has planned:
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ‘54, Race Event
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=244168

And in the VCRC forum, we're currently planning a Ginetta G4 custom track tour, and there's a Mt. Aso track contest happening for that...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2588

Looking forward to seeing everyone on track! :)

I'm going to try to get some practice in sometime today.
And definitely feel free to join the VCRC lounge early (before scheduled event time) for practice!

Still doing the math on the laps. Sorry about the hold up on that.

Update: Laps set.

Race #1: Grand Valley East Reverse - 10 laps
Race #2: London - 10 laps
Race #3: Rome Reverse - 10 laps

Thanks to those who gave me lap times.
Seems I will be quite the moving chicane @ London. :mischievous: :lol: :sly:

Last edited:
LancerEvo7
My color is Calypsorot, will send FR later today.

We're two HP off the max this car can make with low miles. :( however in practice sessions it wasn't really noticeable. ;)

Looking forward to the race. See you guys in about 11 hours.

I will make the race today...haven't driven the car at all so I hope I don't embarass myself...:nervous:

Update: No I won't make the race...:grumpy:. I just realized the version of the car I have has an upgrade I can't reverse and I've used up my trades for the day moving the car from one account to the other. Should have checked it earlier..:ouch:

I'm heading over to the lobby now for practice. :) I've just won two 10 lap races on London by a comfortable margin so I'm confident :D

Thanks guys! :D
I have another event today... So results & stuff will be posted probably much later.
But congrats to all.

Special "nice show" to Brandonw77 on London!! That was impressive.

Back