Version 1.02F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter VINCE__
  • 90 comments
Is there any updating data or patch on PS3 version?
I can't find it.
How to update the new version?

If it has hit your country it will not start the game until you update. So if you got on-line and you put your F1 2011 game in and you did not get the patch notice, then it has not come to your home yet.

I've got to say that I think this update sucks, I play the game properly, ie no assists of any kind and I want something realistic. Prior to this update I had no problem beating people online using all kinds of assists, and legend AI, but now I cant even win from the back of the grid on Legend AI in a 20% race in career (before I could do this no problem).

I am able to lap 3 seconds faster around Malaysia with TC and ABS on purely because even after changing the setup with no assists the back end of the car breaks away in high speed corners whilst not even at full throttle, contrast that to being able to travel at full throttle not only through the high speed corners, but also the apex of slow speed ones too the game has become much less realistic.

Why havent codies changed the game enough so that if you use TC and ABS the cars will go slower, or even the same speed than without. ABS should lengthen breaking distances, the electronic TC should kick in and slow the car down much more. If not for the case to reward players who do not use these driver aids then simply to be more realistic.

I lap the same speed or slightly slower than the Legend AI with no aids, but 3 seconds a lap faster with them enabled??? What next, using breaking assist will make our lap times faster too?

All they really needed to do was remove the 11/11 glitch, and sort out the Damn AI setting dry times on a wet/drying track. They haven't even addressed the FPS issues at Monaco in particular, and how much would it take just to update the driver names with the current mid season changes that were apparent BEFORE the game was even released! I'm seriously considering going back to 2010

I've got to say that I think this update sucks, I play the game properly, ie no assists of any kind and I want something realistic. Prior to this update I had no problem beating people online using all kinds of assists, and legend AI, but now I cant even win from the back of the grid on Legend AI in a 20% race in career (before I could do this no problem).

I am able to lap 3 seconds faster around Malaysia with TC and ABS on purely because even after changing the setup with no assists the back end of the car breaks away in high speed corners whilst not even at full throttle, contrast that to being able to travel at full throttle not only through the high speed corners, but also the apex of slow speed ones too the game has become much less realistic.

Why havent codies changed the game enough so that if you use TC and ABS the cars will go slower, or even the same speed than without. ABS should lengthen breaking distances, the electronic TC should kick in and slow the car down much more. If not for the case to reward players who do not use these driver aids then simply to be more realistic.

I lap the same speed or slightly slower than the Legend AI with no aids, but 3 seconds a lap faster with them enabled??? What next, using breaking assist will make our lap times faster too?

All they really needed to do was remove the 11/11 glitch, and sort out the Damn AI setting dry times on a wet/drying track. They haven't even addressed the FPS issues at Monaco in particular, and how much would it take just to update the driver names with the current mid season changes that were apparent BEFORE the game was even released! I'm seriously considering going back to 2010

No offence but I'm still 0.5 to 0.9 seconds per lap faster than the Red Bulls in Malaysia when I'm taking my McLaren to the track. So you're either too slow to keep up with their improved sector 1 times or you need to optimize your setup (I haven't changed mine since the patch, the one I had in 1.01 is still awesome).

Last edited:
No offence but I'm still 0.5 to 0.9 seconds per lap faster than the Red Bulls in Malaysia when I'm taking my McLaren to the track. So you're either too slow to keep up with their improves sector 1 times or you need to optimize your setup (I haven't changed mine since the patch, the one I had in 1.01 is still awesome).

Well Like I said I am but if I start 24th I usually win, but I can only manage a podium. My problem is the fact that I like a pointy car that I can control the cornering with the throttle, and I no longer have that. Previously I would estimate I was 2-3 sec a lap quicker, but now only 1.

Thats not the problem anyway, it's the difference between having aids on/off that I'm bothered by, Online players who use TC/ABS should be slower not quicker than those who don't use them, and the same in career/GP mode.
Striping the rear wing out and having it at least 1 less than the front at every track was something I always used to do, but now for some reason the back just snaps around all by itself, but if TC is on the rear wing can be left at 1 regardless of how high the front is with very few problems, WTF?

According to the CM forums and patch notes: nope, all fine. :)

I will believe that when I next have a drying qualifying, this is so annoying!

Edit: After a Heavy rain in Shanghai Quali Webber posted a 1:42.461, the best I could manage with no driver aids was a 1:43.581, so I decided to see how it would go with TC & ABS and I got a 1:40.811

Last edited:
Well Like I said I am but if I start 24th I usually win, but I can only manage a podium. My problem is the fact that I like a pointy car that I can control the cornering with the throttle, and I no longer have that. Previously I would estimate I was 2-3 sec a lap quicker, but now only 1.

Thats not the problem anyway, it's the difference between having aids on/off that I'm bothered by, Online players who use TC/ABS should be slower not quicker than those who don't use them, and the same in career/GP mode.
Striping the rear wing out and having it at least 1 less than the front at every track was something I always used to do, but now for some reason the back just snaps around all by itself, but if TC is on the rear wing can be left at 1 regardless of how high the front is with very few problems, WTF?

From 24th to 1st wasn't realistic anyway and they wanted to make it more realistic. :)

TCS / ABS means your PS3 is taking your cornering / braking to perfection - in GT5 it means it'll slow you down instead of making it perfect.

From 24th to 1st wasn't realistic anyway and they wanted to make it more realistic. :).
With this I completely agree, but it is easy with TC & ABS on.

TCS / ABS means your PS3 is taking your cornering / braking to perfection - in GT5 it means it'll slow you down instead of making it perfect.

So if they can do it in GT5, why didn't codies do it in F1 2011, thats all I'm saying

So if they can do it in GT5, why didn't codies do it in F1 2011, thats all I'm saying

I don't think they did it by mistake...it's their version of driving aids and they're free to make them work however they want them to work. :D

Yea I get what you're saying, it just seems a bit counter intuitive to me, Oh well at least it's the same for everyone without the 11/11 glitch, It's just annoying that a lot of the other settings have changed slightly making my way of setting the car up impossible to handle meaning I have to learn all over again!

I would have asked to jump in on your championship, but I'm usually busy on thursdays, your sub 1:40 lap times in the wet around Shanghai are pretty impressive, I'm not sure I can even do that with assists on, and I thought I was a pretty good driver!

I'm starting to think the handling is different now on PS3 compared to PC. I really don't notice much of a difference at all, using 6/6 springs now. Times are a bit slower due to less top speed and acceleration, but the handling is only slightly worse than before for me.

Downloaded the patch on the night that it released, and graphics on the PS3 seemed to be slightly improved, more noticeable in wet conditions. Straight line speed was less, perhaps because I was running full downforce at the time. Back seemed to be a little more planted than before, at lest at high speed, but still too unstable at high speed. Never noticed this glitch with tyre wear transferring, as I only raced online, which I did proceed to take several poles and fastest laps in, by the way :)

hi guys im new to this forum.. flaminriksta completely true what u said about racing without assists i cant control my car like b4 im not even on the throttle on a corner and my back end just flies away no matter what setup i try the same happens.. with my brakes high-large the car just wont brake like if its in ice and i have no breaking point now.. i was just racing online and my friends ran good times and were on top of me the whole race i used 2 b 2 seconds faster than most of them.. i tried with assists and everything was perfect even with 11/11.. what a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, I love it. Monaco is such a beast now with the new handling and physics. Very rough and bouncy, more of a challenge with no assists. I thought it was just me, but I settled for a 1:08 time and it was good for 15th, surprisingly. 1:07's are very easily achievable once I hit my braking points better.

Where's Terronium been? He's great at Monaco.

Ah, I love it. Monaco is such a beast now with the new handling and physics. Very rough and bouncy, more of a challenge with no assists. I thought it was just me, but I settled for a 1:08 time and it was good for 15th, surprisingly. 1:07's are very easily achievable once I hit my braking points better.

Indeed - but the frame rate..:/

Anyway, I think lowering the springs by 4 or 5 will solve most accel / top speed issues, Sach. Hope that's carrying over. It's still slower than before but good enough for P1 vs. Legend AI. Glad I'll have some days off from tomorrow on, lots of time to play around. :)

I was a big fan of the 2010 edition. I am NOT impressed with the PS3 version of 2011. Instead of fixing the AA issue, they just blurred the background. Tyre bug is apparently still there as well.

My copy is heading to the used game section. I only hope that a quality studio picks up the license when CM loses it.

It must really suck to be so shallow and let a few bugs sway you in a negative way. Gfx and tire wear issues being a reason to return a game? Give me a break. To each his own though.

Last edited:
It must really suck to be so shallow and let a few bugs sway you in a negative way. Gfx and tire wear issues being a reason to return a game? Give me a break. To each his own though.

Funny person. A few bugs... this is a send up.

Feel better now? You can wear that air of superiority all day if you wish.

A Few bugs? Look at this frigging list. Note: not all this crap is actually "fixed".

Game Improvements:
o A connectivity rating display has now been implemented for each player in an online session lobby. This appears as coloured bars (red, amber, green) to indicate the expected online performance of the player in the game session.
o More network bandwidth is now reserved for game-critical systems in online sessions. This may result in low-bandwidth users having their voice chat restricted to fewer players, but should result in a smoother online experience.

 Strategy & Setup:
o Fixed 11/11 car setup bug.
o Fixed issue where your race strategy uses the same tyre compound three times in a row & the final set are worn.
o Fixed issue where wear-based punctures would occur too often.
o Fixed various issues with the race engineer speech logic.

 AI:
o Fixed an issue where the AI run on Intermediates for too long.
o Fixed issue where AI cars would be too fast in the wet.
o Fixed an issue where AI vehicles pitted too often during dry, online races .
o The AI has been tuned on several circuits to provide smoother and faster driving.
o Fixed issue where the AI’s sector 1 times in Malaysia were too slow

 Co –op Championship:
o Fixed an issue with the save becoming corrupt / not able to invite the other player when playing long race weekends.
o Fixed an issue where AI difficulty was reset to “Amateur” level when resuming a Coop game.
o Fixed an issue with tyre wear in Practice/Qualifying not being carried over to Race.
o Fixed an issue with the penalties accrued in Practice/Qualifying not being applied to the Race.
o Fixed an issue with the Race Results where lapped AI are causing player to drop positions.

 Online:
o Vote to Skip in Qualifying now requires 100% vote.
o Various Penalty system improvements have been made.
o Quick Race countdown timer is now set to 60 Seconds and no longer resets when a player joins the session.
o Fixed issue where host and client machines would report different qualification results during online games
o Fixed an issue where online players would sometimes see other players or AI cars using the wrong tyres.

 Graphics & Performance:
o PS3 – Improved frame rate & performance.
o Xbox360 & PC - Numerous performance improvements have been made to increase frame rate and reduce stuttering.
o All Platforms – Numerous graphical improvements have been made.
o All Platforms – Fixed various issues to improve general game stability.

 PC-specific:
o Fixed several functionality issues experienced when using DX11 cards.
o Fixed issue where users could hack specific files to increase car grip.

 Other:
o Fixed a very infrequent issue where some sessions would be skipped over when progressing to the next session during a Long Race Weekend.
o Korea tyre compounds have been changed to those used in the 2011 race.
o Fixed an issue where in career where the "on the bounce" achievement was awarded after 11 race wins instead of 9.
o Fixed an issue where all users would be awarded the fastest lap XP and stat during some online races.
o Fixed an issue where driver's hands & head popped in a few frames late when switching cameras.
o Fixed issue where players were able to post extremely quick Time Trial times
o Introduced option to have 30%, 40% & 75% races.

Rather than copying and pasting known issues. Why don't you race the game and complain about the existing problems? Just saying, it plays just fine by me.

I've just seen Barrichello driving around Melbourne, usual speed, whilst his car was giving me smoke signals...I was curious and didn't overtake him. He kept on going but his engine never blew up.

Rather than copying and pasting known issues. Why don't you race the game and complain about the existing problems? Just saying, it plays just fine by me.

You like the game. Great - Enjoy it. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.

Why you care that I think the 2011 edition is a steaming POS is beyond me. So, with your permission, I'll go sell the game and pick up something I will enjoy. :boggled:

No problem friend. Just trying to keep a fan in the ranks. Maybe the next installment will be better suited to your liking.

So, my first race in Montreal since 1.02 hit us. Love the track and thought the AI could finally keep up. Uhm...no.

GEQhl.jpg

(Legend AI, no aids (automatic gearbox, tho), 2 pit stops, got a 20 second penalty for cutting the last chicane in lap 34 (so Hamilton was actually 67 seconds down) - can't agree on that, am convinced I had 2 wheels on the track tbh)

Oh and I had to start from 11th place - but it hasn't notified me of any penalty after the qualifying and I was on pole position when I left the pit lane just before the race. Just checked, the qualifying objective has been fulfilled - that's been pole position for me. Weird.

Last edited:
Playing with a wheel and assists off should be decent.

I tried assists off with my DS3 since i dont have a wheel.
And what i can tell its retardedly hard, U dont even have to push the throttle 5% and u spin out....turn to hard while in speed u spin out ;/ and on time trials with DRS ur just ****ed, So ABS and TCD/TDC "spelling" its on for me.

Either im a newb player or its hard. On Melburn with auto gearbox, everything else stock except areo dynamics, i got 1:23:xxx

I need to learn how to tune the car...couse i suck at the tuning, same goes in GT5...any suggiestions? on springs, areo dynamics?

Playing with a wheel and assists off should be decent.

I tried assists off with my DS3 since i dont have a wheel.
And what i can tell its retardedly hard, U dont even have to push the throttle 5% and u spin out....turn to hard while in speed u spin out ;/ and on time trials with DRS ur just ****ed, So ABS and TCD/TDC "spelling" its on for me.

Either im a newb player or its hard. On Melburn with auto gearbox, everything else stock except areo dynamics, i got 1:23:xxx

I need to learn how to tune the car...couse i suck at the tuning, same goes in GT5...any suggiestions? on springs, areo dynamics?

Look at the post above you. Mr.S has tunning set ups in his signature. He has put a lot of time into setting up good handling cars.

Back