[VRR][B-SPEC] 2018 VRR Rolex GT Endurance Championship

• Thread starter Eva
  • 229 comments
Need to wait for the Mustang which I hear from my designer @RACECAR that getting them is a real pain.

We have the Corvette but I want to reveal them all at once :)

I regret to inform you that after exhaustive searching, the Mustang is in fact a no go :nervous:

Looks like it'll be a 2nd Corvette for you.

I regret to inform you that after exhaustive searching, the Mustang is in fact a no go :nervous:

Looks like it'll be a 2nd Corvette for you.
If that's best we got. might as well.

Thanks for your effort to try and get them though :). Should still be great to see the 2nd Corvette.

Are entries still accepted? I'd like to enter a couple of Audi R8s. I could have the liveries in by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Are entries still accepted? I'd like to enter a couple of Audi R8s. I could have the liveries in by the end of the week.
Very much so, especially considering the type of announcement coming tomorrow.

Eva
Very much so, especially considering the type of announcement coming tomorrow.

Alright then, here it is:

#10 Audi Sport Customer Racing Canada Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Primary Sponsor: Infineon
Driver 1: Yohann Sebastion (SWE)
Driver 2: Marcus Code (CAN)

#11 Audi Sport Customer Racing Canada Audi R8 LMS Ultra (secondary)
Primary Sponsor: Allied World
Driver 1: Edwin Bacon (CAN)
Driver 2: Alexander Smith (CAN)

Yes, I'm using a liviry inspired by my favourite Le Mans racer, the R8 LMP900

We prefer our tires Bridgestone.

Please let me know if anything needs changing.

Last edited:
Announcement regarding the series...

GT3 will not be the only class in the series in 2018. LMP2 has been formally added to the roster, and the grid size has been readjusted to make room for the class. Each GTPlanet member now has the ability to field three total entries, but can only field a max of two per class. Each standard race for the series will have the following make up:
-12 LMP2 cars
-18 GT3 cars
Depending on the size of the LMP2 class, each class will have a pre-qualifying session to determine the cars that make the race. What LMP2 chassis will be available? The RWD and Marek LMP2 cars will be what's used for the series, as will the Oreca 03 and the Alpine A450. The RWD and Marek will have a different name, meaning those two will be the first VRR original chassis makers.

The series will also be renamed to the VRR International Endurance Championship to reflect the additional class.

For the FICA 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMP2 and GT3 will also be joined by LMP1, with those teams to be determined by finances from other VRR series. A formal list of LMP1 chassis and approved teams will be released soon after the IEC field has been finalized. The Le Mans field will look like this:
-10 LMP1 cars
-12 LMP2 cars
-18 GT3 cars

Eva
Announcement regarding the series...

GT3 will not be the only class in the series in 2018. LMP2 has been formally added to the roster, and the grid size has been readjusted to make room for the class. Each GTPlanet member now has the ability to field three total entries, but can only field a max of two per class. Each standard race for the series will have the following make up:
-12 LMP2 cars
-18 GT3 cars
Depending on the size of the LMP2 class, each class will have a pre-qualifying session to determine the cars that make the race. What LMP2 chassis will be available? The RWD and Marek LMP2 cars will be what's used for the series, as will the Oreca 03 and the Alpine A450. The RWD and Marek will have a different name, meaning those two will be the first VRR original chassis makers.

The series will also be renamed to the VRR International Endurance Championship to reflect the additional class.

For the FICA 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMP2 and GT3 will also be joined by LMP1, with those teams to be determined by finances from other VRR series. A formal list of LMP1 chassis and approved teams will be released soon after the IEC field has been finalized. The Le Mans field will look like this:
-10 LMP1 cars
-12 LMP2 cars
-18 GT3 cars

Not too happy about this, actually. In-Character comments soon to come.

Also, is this series being switched to a different game? Or are the unique LMP2s from PCARS available on rFactor?

Not too happy about this, actually. In-Character comments soon to come.

Also, is this series being switched to a different game? Or are the unique LMP2s from PCARS available on rFactor?
The PCARS LMP machines are available in rFactor.

And I'm back on the spectators side of the fence. The changes look alright, but at this moment I'm not feeling multiclass racing with LMPs.
That's fine. But there are people that really want to go after the Triple Crown. This gives them that chance.

Eva
That's fine. But there are people that really want to go after the Triple Crown. This gives them that chance.
Indeed. I hope that it's a great turnout and goes swimmingly.....

I'll also admit I'm prone to saying "**** it!" and joining anyway later if there's an opening, it depends on mood and circumstances.

ThinkPink.org Racing were the first team to jump on board with the LMP2 series, announcing that they would be running a currently unspecified car under number 92. "we're looking forward to seeing how the various LMP cars react during testing, and we'll be making a final choice then regarding our car, however, we wanted to get the number-plate all set up and be ready to be the 1st team out of the gate."

Originally posted on Racing.com

By Paul Matheny

News of the VRR Rolex GT Endurance series morphing into a new, multi-class series for 2018 produced a curiously mixed reaction throughout the Sportscar Racing world. Easily the most outspoken about the inclusion of LMP2 cars into the renamed "VRR International Endurance Championship" is Phantom Motors boss Jean-Claude Gabriel, who refused to mince words or pull punches in an exclusive telephone interview.

Speaking from his personal offices in Montréal, Quebec, Canada, Gabriel seemed to be in a harried mood at first, but opened up as the conversation went on.

"It's ridiculous. What am I going to say to my sponsors, whom I signed with the intention, the assumption that our team would be competing for overall victories? How do I ask them about increasing the agreed-upon budget by nearly 50% just to do one race? (The FICA 24 Hours of Le Mans) Let alone the amount needed to buy the extra spares, parts and pieces to make a GT3 car ready to run a true endurance race, or the danger that comes from multiple classes of car running all at once with such a huge disparity of closing speeds between them...

"As I said, it's ridiculous. To change the series up after all of the more fanciful entries turned into vaporware, after already delaying the start of the championship by a full year... It's short-sighted and reflects poorly on VRR's management. And honestly? It's enough to make me seriously reconsider my involvement -Phantom Motors involvement- in the series."

When asked about what would happen to the current Porsche program or any future involvement, Gabriel seemed a bit coy to divulge any hard details, but made it clear that Phantom Motors will not field an LMP2 car in 2018. "We (Phantom Motors) are a team that does things our way, with our people. I'm a rich man, sure, but I didn't get where I am today by throwing money away and I feel running an LMP2 car would be just that. I run things on a budget and unless a company came to me with the intention to run an LMP1 car at Le Mans, Prototypes are not on our agenda for 2018. As for our GT3 car, it would be almost an equally large waste of money to sell it off to another team, so as much as I hate to say it I am looking at the possibility of running that car in conjunction with another team..."

Gabriel seemed to be almost telepathic in our talk, because just as I was about to ask him about why he would expand into the VRR Toshiba Indy Lights series (As it seemingly runs counter to his personal line of thinking), he offered an answer with hardly any pause. "To be frank, our Indy Lights program in VRR Indycar only exists because of the two funded drivers coming along willing to make it happen (Katherine Hart & David Wessel) and the fact that those cars are similar-enough to the Dallara HV17 that it would've been better to train the mechanics, crew members and what-have-you with a year in Lights than entering Indycar directly."

With all of that said, Jean-Claude Gabriel did end our call on an optimistic note, though one that seemed a bit odd after I ran the tape again. "I do hope that the IEC takes off, because Le Man's is a race I would like to try and win someday. But, I don't have to money or the clout to go to Porsche and ask if our team can run a 919 Hybrid, let alone get an LMP2 running in time... Ah well, there's always other things to do in life, wouldn't you say?"

Back