VW Karmann Ghia Sprint Race Cup *VCRC* Congrats @ carracerptp !

Will do my best to try and attend this. Internet is fine today in typical fashion. Have we raced these before, mine needed a bit of an oil change ?

TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / Oro

(Oro is somewhat similar to gold)

I don't think we have! Though I've long wanted to. :D

Just checked. Suzuki GSXR4 concept is in, not this VW.

Oh sorry I wasn't clear... The car I sent to you, I think was purchased from OCD. Meaning the car I sent you is "pre broken in" even though it's probably 0 miles. (I'm 99% sure of this.)

Oh sorry I wasn't clear... The car I sent to you, I think was purchased from OCD. Meaning the car I sent you is "pre broken in" even though it's probably 0 miles. (I'm 99% sure of this.)

Ahhh, yea ok. btw, cars bought in the OCD aren't pre-broken in, they are fully broken in ;)

Race tonight at 20:30, i'll be there! :) ( won't practise much ahead though.. hope it works out for me anyway :P)

I will likely arrive in the lounge before scheduled time, because I haven't had nearly enough practice as I need. I am not like Phouchg who can "wing it" very well. :lol:

I practise when I have time for it, probably won't have that much now that i've started school again ;) So now i'll probably go down a level in performance :P

I practise when I have time for it, probably won't have that much now that i've started school again ;) So now i'll probably go down a level in performance :P

Well, as always, you are welcome to join me at the back of the grid for an intensely exciting battle for last place. :sly: :lol:

it sure was good races! A bit disappointed about my early defeat in the last race. Rammed in to watermelon in the first corner, had to wait for her to re-pass (didn't really wait for her to pass, only come up side by side.. i was stressed and i hope she forgives me sometime.. ) and then i was already far behind carracer which was the one racer i was not supposed to let pass. ^^

RESULTS

1)
goldtrophy.gif
carracerptp / carracerptp / (factory) tan (29pts)
2)
silvertrophy.gif
Phouchg / xNikodemusx / Mustard Yellow (25pts)
3)
bronzetrophy.gif
Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go (20pts)
4) GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / (factory) blue (14pts)
5) TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / Oro (goldish) (9pts)
5) John Wells / johnwells69 / dark red (9pts)
6) Michouw / GTP_MichMich / Pearl white (8pts)
7) Litchi / GTP_Litchi / Black (7pts)
7) watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Panther Pink (7pts)

Race #1: 5 laps @ Rome
  1. Michouw / GTP_MichMich / Pearl white
  2. Litchi / GTP_Litchi / Black
  3. carracerptp / carracerptp / (factory) tan
  4. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / Mustard Yellow
  5. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go
  6. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / (factory) blue
  7. John Wells / johnwells69 / dark red
  8. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Panther Pink
Race #2: 5 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse
  1. carracerptp / carracerptp / (factory) tan
  2. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / Mustard Yellow
  3. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / (factory) blue
  4. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 / dark red
Race #3: 5 laps @ Madrid Mini
  1. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / Mustard Yellow
  2. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / (factory) blue
  3. carracerptp / carracerptp / (factory) tan
  4. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go
  6. TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / Oro (goldish)
  7. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Panther Pink
Race #4: 5 laps @ Microschliefe: "The Green Heck" (Eifel kart) by cc570
  2. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / Mustard Yellow
  3. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Panther Pink
  5. TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / Oro (goldish)
  6. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / (factory) blue
  7. John Wells / johnwells69 / dark red
Race #5: 5 laps @ Motegi East Course
  2. Apmaddock / Apmaddock / Green Go
  3. TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / Oro (goldish)
  4. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / Mustard Yellow
  6. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Panther Pink

it sure was good races! A bit disappointed about my early defeat in the last race. Rammed in to watermelon in the first corner, had to wait for her to re-pass (didn't really wait for her to pass, only come up side by side.. i was stressed and i hope she forgives me sometime.. ) and then i was already far behind carracer which was the one racer i was not supposed to let pass. ^^

It's okay we were altogether in that 1st turn. I'm ashamed at how dirty it was, I'm usually much better than that on Turn 1.
I waited too long to brake spaced out and started braking after John did, so I wound up whapping him. Then you hit me.
Difficult to say who was at fault. Definitely not John Wells, that's all I know! He was being all conservative taking the outside into turn 1 and then we come along and make 1st turn drama. :rolleyes:
My excuse is that I have not raced at Motegi much since gt4!!!!! :lol:

But man isn't Motegi East just a fantastic track for this car??? :D

I thought all the races were really surprisingly fun considering that I think a Kart Jr. can go faster sometimes! :lol:

And I say this even though my rival John Wells swept the floor with me in this series!
And I gave him the car! :lol: :lol:

At least I did OKAY at the Green Heck.
Would be embarrassing if I didn't since I've been racing that track since last year I think! :rolleyes: You'd think I'd know it by now!!

I finished 5th, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd. I guess that spells improvement!

It's okay we were altogether in that 1st turn. I'm ashamed at how dirty it was, I'm usually much better than that on Turn 1.
I waited too long to brake spaced out and started braking after John did, so I wound up whapping him. Then you hit me.
Difficult to say who was at fault. Definitely not John Wells, that's all I know! He was being all conservative taking the outside into turn 1 and then we come along and make 1st turn drama. :rolleyes:
My excuse is that I have not raced at Motegi much since gt4!!!!! :lol:

But man isn't Motegi East just a fantastic track for this car??? :D

I thought all the races were really surprisingly fun considering that I think a Kart Jr. can go faster sometimes! :lol:

And I say this even though my rival John Wells swept the floor with me in this series!
And I gave him the car! :lol: :lol:

At least I did OKAY at the Green Heck.
Would be embarrassing if I didn't since I've been racing that track since last year I think! :rolleyes: You'd think I'd know it by now!!

I'm pretty ashamed at that turn as well, was thinking i'd brake at the same place i normally do, forgot about slipstream and being cautious going in to the first turn with cars all around..

Don't know if I'd call it sweeping the floor with you, you only had one point up going in to the last race, if you would have won over him there you would have been the winner. ^^ (maybe that's why you tried to bury him in the sand trap in the first corner ;))

you were fast at the green heck! didn't let anyone past at first, then i couldn't pass you for a while either which made me lose 5 seconds to carracer :P

It felt like there was more slipstream at Motegi East. Maybe there is. Or maybe it's because the track has parts which are so smooth & straight.

John Wells had me psyched out from Rome. Coming in last the 1st race tends work on the brain!
He was somehow getting through that corridor at the bottom of the hill & out of that turn faster than I was.
Honestly I don't know how everyone else does that at that turn, but I do something WAY WRONG... and can't manage to do it like other people do or I smack into the wall & come to a stop or worse.
I'm actually much better with Rome Reverse, and often pass people going UP that hill. Strange how that works.

you were fast at the green heck! didn't let anyone past at first, then i couldn't pass you for a while either which made me lose 5 seconds to carracer :P

Oops. Lol

I have to say even though it's very difficult really - I really really like Eifel Kart tracks in small low power cars.
(Ironically I'm not keen on karts there - I'd much rather race a kart at Monte Carlo or Rome!)

I always have fun in this car. Every race was different. I had a bad start at Rome but it worked out. My only complaint was my driving in the madrid race. had I been more patient I with passing I wouldn't have ended up in the wall.

I was trying my best to help you :lol: I almost crashed big time twice (lost over 2 seconds). And I made more mistakes than I did in all the races combined.

I was trying my best to help you :lol: I almost crashed big time twice (lost over 2 seconds). And I made more mistakes than I did in all the races combined.

Haha well I noticed that, on the third lap when i finally got in to second i was 5 seconds behind and did a 2:00.xxx and only lost a couple of tenths. Then i really got going and did a 1:58.5 but in that lap i lost 2 seconds ^^. I was pretty confused when that happened, going 2 seconds faster and losing much more. :P On the last lap i took it down to 7.0 seconds again at least, only lap i was faster i think.

I always have fun in this car. Every race was different. I had a bad start at Rome but it worked out. My only complaint was my driving in the madrid race. had I been more patient I with passing I wouldn't have ended up in the wall.

Nah that was my fault. Didn't expect so much oversteer from such a low powered car.

Back