Wangan Midnight ps3?

driftkng
snuffyboy
I watched the anime series on youtube and really got into the story/characters and cars (hardcore car enthusiast). Seeing as how it was made by the same makes of Tokyo Extreme Racer (loved those games for dreamcast, mad i left it when i moved down here). So i decided with most of the menu's in English i would purchase it. Wasn't expensive was like 43.00 or so with shipping New. Really enjoying the game. The highways are mapped out the same just like Tokyo Extreme racer. Lots of fun tearing down the Wangan on spots that allow 300kph+ runs. Very arcadey feeling, but it's a lot more fun than Tokyo Extreme Racer because i have the G25 wheel to play with. (Clutch doesn't work and only sequential shifter works but the FFB is awesome). Luckily i know the cars and Engine codes so i'm able to use some of the "Ability Cards" you get that modify the cars performance. Ex. Evo (4g63), Skyline GT-R's (Rb26) etc.

Anyways my main reason for posting is i wanted to try and get online to play/race with other players using the "Wangan Connection" option, it asked me to do an update which i did, but when i go to search for games NOTHING comes up. I'm guessing Since i have a USA account/region that i am not able to connect or hook up with any servers? Would i have to sign up for a Japanese account to accomplish this? Appreciate any info on the subject. :)👍

I watched the anime series on youtube and really got into the story/characters and cars (hardcore car enthusiast). Seeing as how it was made by the same makes of Tokyo Extreme Racer (loved those games for dreamcast, mad i left it when i moved down here). So i decided with most of the menu's in English i would purchase it. Wasn't expensive was like 43.00 or so with shipping New. Really enjoying the game. The highways are mapped out the same just like Tokyo Extreme racer. Lots of fun tearing down the Wangan on spots that allow 300kph+ runs. Very arcadey feeling, but it's a lot more fun than Tokyo Extreme Racer because i have the G25 wheel to play with. (Clutch doesn't work and only sequential shifter works but the FFB is awesome). Luckily i know the cars and Engine codes so i'm able to use some of the "Ability Cards" you get that modify the cars performance. Ex. Evo (4g63), Skyline GT-R's (Rb26) etc.

Anyways my main reason for posting is i wanted to try and get online to play/race with other players using the "Wangan Connection" option, it asked me to do an update which i did, but when i go to search for games NOTHING comes up. I'm guessing Since i have a USA account/region that i am not able to connect or hook up with any servers? Would i have to sign up for a Japanese account to accomplish this? Appreciate any info on the subject. :)👍

I think it's most probably because there isn't any people playing the game when you go searching for games online. This game has already been out for nearly 2 years now (I bought it on July 27th, 2007).. so you may understand why you can't search players online. :)

hmm, the graphics of the game is quite nice, I like playing those racing games created by "Genki" previously (known as 首都高バトル in Japanese). The only thing I don't like about this game is the engine sound, the engine note stayed the same (at the sound of 8,000 rpm) even when the rev went over 8,000 rpm! :indiff:

I also have the game and tbh I don't like it, it's not even close to Import Tuner Challenge aka Shutokou Battle 10. You should try that, if you didn't already. It's a great game and unlike Wangan midnight you are actually able to buy the cars you like and mod them as you want, drive the races you prefer and fight a few hundred cars just like on good old Dreamcast ;)

I think it's most probably because there isn't any people playing the game when you go searching for games online. This game has already been out for nearly 2 years now (I bought it on July 27th, 2007).. so you may understand why you can't search players online. :)

hmm, the graphics of the game is quite nice, I like playing those racing games created by "Genki" previously (known as 首都高バトル in Japanese). The only thing I don't like about this game is the engine sound, the engine note stayed the same (at the sound of 8,000 rpm) even when the rev went over 8,000 rpm! :indiff:

Yes i agree, i think with the engine note to that extent is there because after that point, you aren't making any extra power? Like you have reached peak horse-power and at that point you are stressing the engine to the MAX (engine over-heating). It's a fun arcadey game. I'm just into it as i really enjoyed the Anime. I just wish i could understand the story mode in the game because there is a bunch of stuff not in the anime.

I may check out the Import Tuner challenge. Does it also take place on the Tokyo highways? Also since it's Import Tuner Challenge and not Shutokou Battle it's in all English? Yes the time of day and that the game has been out for a while would make sense, being in a totally different time zone that i don't find online races. thanks for the input. :)👍

Latest Posts

Back