Ehh I don't really like the idea.

That would ruin the whole concept of the game

Not really!

276255_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Obama-Not-Bad_1600x1200.jpg

We should have engine swaps in the next update

cool-story-bro.jpg

interpunct
I want liveries first. Then this.

I wouldn't play forza if GT5 had these things.

Most don't care if the cars look like 8 bit boxes with Tampax on the side. It's all about performance. If they can get the cars to work more like a drag car. That is far more fun then painting a car and coming into a room and saying check out how fast my looks, drag racers will be like show me. Looks mean nothing.

;) honestly the looks thing is kinda shallow in Motorsports. Get some depth my man.

I dont get why peapole keeps saying that this is unrealistic.. This happens everyday. Like who says u couldn't get an focus RS with 900hp?

dr_slump
A RB27 is just a kitted RB26. Much more power? Not really!
:)

To tune an rb27, you would get more power from the engine because the actual block is a little bit bigger than the 26's, if not power, more stronger engines. They are capable of more horsepower than a rb26 👍

To tune an rb27, you would get more power from the engine because the actual block is a little bit bigger than the 26's, if not power, more stronger engines. They are capable of more horsepower than a rb26 👍
True, but not that much more. :)

If I understand you right, you simply want that PD brings the displacement tuning back, right?

I would love this. As long as the swaps are plausible there should be nothing wrong with it. You would probably see a greater variety of cars online... Even if they may be frankenstein monstrosities.

But it seems like it would be more appropriate to add in GT6 and not just patch it in GT5.

I would love this. As long as the swaps are plausible there should be nothing wrong with it. You would probably see a greater variety of cars online... Even if they may be frankenstein monstrosities.

But it seems like it would be more appropriate to add in GT6 and not just patch it in GT5.

i agree with you if engine swaps are implicated in the game it needs to be realistic and be from the same manufacture

For example: Zr1 in a camaro, camaro ss engine in chevelle and so on

steleb
i agree with you if engine swaps are implicated in the game it needs to be realistic and be from the same manufacture

For example: Zr1 in a camaro, camaro ss engine in chevelle and so on

Yes... Like an accord engine in a civic... Or a GTR Engine in an r34, or a supra mark 4 engine in the 80's supras. Something realistic. I hope PD sees this!

swara96
Yes... Like an accord engine in a civic... Or a GTR Engine in an r34, or a supra mark 4 engine in the 80's supras. Something realistic. I hope PD sees this!

That's exactly what I was thinking they should defenetly add that

And I'd also like to see tire pressure adjustments this would defenetly be helpfull for drag racing

i see alot of ppl are saying no because it wouldnt be realistic but think about it you can put any motor in any car yea you have to do a great amount of frame work and alot of custom **** i personally have a ls1 in my s13 240sx. ive seen big blocks in rx-7s anything is possible i vote yes to swaps.

Yes I want them but it would be a lot of work for PD considering and engine swap isn't just a swap...

i see alot of ppl are saying no because it wouldnt be realistic but think about it you can put any motor in any car yea you have to do a great amount of frame work and alot of custom **** i personally have a ls1 in my s13 240sx. ive seen big blocks in rx-7s anything is possible i vote yes to swaps.

That's in extreme cases. I've done 3 on the same vehicle and only 1 time I had to change the mounts. That was it. The rest was drop in and go. And no they weren't Crate engines.

That's in extreme cases. I've done 3 on the same vehicle and only 1 time I had to change the mounts. That was it. The rest was drop in and go. And no they weren't Crate engines.

What engine was it? Hope it isn't the N52 engines on BMWs because I would be soooo jealous of you :grumpy:

What engine was it? Hope it isn't the N52 engines on BMWs because I would be soooo jealous of you :grumpy:

Taking a Ford 300 Inline 6 (Biggest straight six ever from the Big 3 American auto makers) to a Ford 351 Windsor (5.8L V8), and then after blowing that up replacing it with the same one but lesser build. These went into a 1985 Ford F250 4x4.

Taking a Ford 300 Inline 6 (Biggest straight six ever from the Big 3 American auto makers) to a Ford 351 Windsor (5.8L V8), and then after blowing that up replacing it with the same one but lesser build. These went into a 1985 Ford F250 4x4.

Nice, my friend Jeff (he's 24) has a 96 F150. He made the transmission by himself (5 speed manual), and I think he put in a 351 with a supercharger. It's hard to actually put out more horsepower in a 351 since it is limited by the OBD II. He got that thing for free, it had NOTHING in it. Just a body.

Nice, my friend Jeff (he's 24) has a 96 F150. He made the transmission by himself (5 speed manual), and I think he put in a 351 with a supercharger. It's hard to actually put out more horsepower in a 351 since it is limited by the OBD II. He got that thing for free, it had NOTHING in it. Just a body.

In the new models it does. Our truck doesn't have it. The original 351 had 780 horse until it blew a rod out the top and even then the block is still good. The other one has less at 540hp and 618ft-lb torque last time it was rated. I'm assuming it's slightly less now as that's what it was when it was rebuilt and dropped it. We've got a C6 auto tranny (3 speed) which can handle a great amount of power in it's stock form. Which 351 was it (I'm assuming Windsor) but from for there was also a 351M (351 Modified), and 351C (351 Cleveland) and which some machining there was also another 351C (351 Clevor) which was a combined version of the Cleveland engine and Windsor engine. What they did was put lightly machined Cleveland heads on a Windsor block, effectively created the Boss 351. The same could be done to a 302W (just a 5.0 or 302 from Ford) that made the Boss 302. 351C's could suck in cats and dogs all day because it had amazing intake on it but the exhaust side was a little dead. Cleaning it up would put out mass amounts of power. Windsors and Clevelands were great, Modifieds were ok. Funny because the Clevelands and Modifieds were supposed to replace the Windsor, and the Windsor out lived it's own replacements lol.

Last edited:
dr_slump
True, but not that much more. :)

If I understand you right, you simply want that PD brings the displacement tuning back, right?

Yeaah that would be great, mainly swapping engines would be fun

A ls1 s13 would be sick i would go with a ls9 in my rx7

How would we know what engine your opponent is running...we can't even tell if someone's broken in or not at the moment. I'm not against the idea but there will be a lot of noobs with a crappy tune with swapped engines racing the same cars with original engines and winning. They'd need to add engine info to the window that pops up showing each players driving options settings for it to work.

Mikeybc
How would we know what engine your opponent is running...we can't even tell if someone's broken in or not at the moment. I'm not against the idea but there will be a lot of noobs with a crappy tune with swapped engines racing the same cars with original engines and winning. They'd need to add engine info to the window that pops up showing each players driving options settings for it to work.

Listen to how it sounds... Lol. If a Civic sounds like a V6 Accord, then its engine is probably swapped

Latest Posts

Back