Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,722 comments
20970751532246677.jpg
20970898310179131.jpg
20970687050107918.jpg

20970069153101960.jpg

20970411442454525.jpg

Good news that I just discovered: if you start a race in the Weekly Challenges before they change, you'll earn the prize even if you finish the race after they change.

Just started my fifth and final race, the Gr.1 Prototype race, at 23.45. Finished it 25 minutes later and got the fifth tick and the car ticket :D

Good stuff this week, especially the Tokyo race, even if I was unlucky and it didn't rain at all. Ended up using my engine swapped Mazda 3, won by over a minute so I probably could've used something a lot slower. Managed the one-make race with a stock V40 which was fun, AI is really slow around that track. 6 star gave me 500k, prefer the car tickets but I'm glad there were no part tickets.

Cars this week:
full

This weeks cars.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240705010819.png

Race - 1 - I took a Executive Lounge to arrive in style for this week weeklies.

Place - 1st
CRB - Yes
Gran Turismo® 7_20240705000756.jpg

Race - 2 - Brought my GT2 Porsche 911 '95 for a win in race 2.

Place - 1st
CRB - Yes
Gran Turismo® 7_20240705001715.jpg

Race - 3 - Good special event with the Volvo.

Place - 1st
CRB - Yes
Gran Turismo® 7_20240705004010.jpg

Race - 4 - Haven't use my Ferrari GTO '84 in awhile and this race was a great time to bring it out for some fun in the sun.

Place - 1st
CRB - Yes
Gran Turismo® 7_20240705003700.jpg

Race - 5 - I used my beloved p1 gtr for this last race cause why not.

Place - 1st
CRB - Yes
Gran Turismo® 7_20240705010659.jpg

Ticket stuff wise.

Got a 4* ticket stuff from the DW which gave me 500K
The 6* Ticket stuff gave me 1M.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240705010901.jpg

Last edited:
weeklies.png

Done the first 4.

• DF with the Impreza ~500PP easy win.
  • Sardegna with the BMW M2 ~540PP easy win
  • Lago M with the Volvo (don't remember the PP, it is a bit tuned), nice race, but I hate when AI brakes multiple times inside turns, no need to, you are slow enough to go, are you brake checking me ? Had to go wide abruptly to avoid those shenanigans and nearly missed the CRB...
  • Goodwood with the wonderfull GTB, this car is a wonder to drive, it may even be my prefered car in all game. Not easy to catch up with the 2 Countach in front, especially with all the moving chicanes on the way. Dive bombed the last one in the last chicane, he ended up hitting the wall then me, pushing me into the grass on the right but I had just enough time to pass the line first. No CRB obviously. May do this race again, and try to lose less time climbing from the back, to have time to pass him in lavant straight or in the braking zone before woodcote corner.

Plus DW 4* delivered 1M Cr. 🤪

First weekly I've properly enjoyed in a while - 4/5 fictional tracks. events with fun cars, the lot!, makes a change from thenlast one because I absolutely hated last week's. Anyways this was what I used (once again with PSVR2 and hard AI);
Screenshot_2024-07-05-01-33-32-058.jpeg

1. Suzuki VGT on sport mediums - one of my favourite cars in the game. So it was an absolute pleasure to finally have another weekly where it could be used, won with ease. Getting the final overtake on lap 2 on the Nessie corner
  2. BMW M3 sport Evo on sports softs - the tyres might have been overkill but it was fun to drive nonetheless, I was going to use my engineswapped standard M3 but I decided to use the one I'd been using for the recent TT instead as I was more accustomed to it
  3. 600pp highly tuned high turbo Volvo V40 on sport hards - okay now this DEFINITELY was overkill, but I wanted a good excuse to use this Volvo, as my other tuned V40 is fully tuned all the way, easy race on a layout that doesnt get used nesrly as much as it should.
  4. Tuned 580pp fully tuned med turbo Autobianchi A112 on sports softs - okay this one was an absolute riot, I'm definitely gonna have to use this car again :D next time a historic car race Ishows up I will get a clip of this pocket rocket!
  5. Alpine VGT race mode starting on racing hards - this might be one of my other favourite cars in the game, it's a really curious car where it's an NA but requires short shifting like a mid-range turbo car to be effective, has plenty of pull and feels right at home pace wise with the Gr3 group, maybe some slight adjustments might be needed to make it properly fit but other than that it's great. Did have rain in this race from the beginning of lap 4, wentonto inters from the end of lap 4 onwards, got 1st by lap 6 or so and just relaxed for thr end few laps, definitely needed that after how stressful last week's was!

6 🌟 was 1m credits, perfect :P

Last edited:
Wow, the 6-star ticket gave me a Cr. 3 million Chiron!!!! That's the best prize I can recall receiving in the game!
I already had one and went to sell, price was just over Cr. 1.5m so decided to keep for now.

Races were great fun again, had to do the Tokyo one twice as caught out mid-race by a massive downpour half way around - some teams had been keeping an eye on the radar and pitted for wets early - I didn't and lost control.

weekly-challenge-202407w1-cars.jpg

I gave this a try earlier this morning. All the cars except the Volvo were a first-time drive for me. I had the AI set to normal difficulty.

Trial Mountain - Lancer - I upgraded the tires to SS and added front and side aero for style, but the car was otherwise stock. I was expecting this to be more of a challenge since I was so far off the 600PP limit, but the car just flew by all the others. It drove much better than I was expecting for a mostly unmodified car, too. Easy win. CRB. First ticket achieved.

Sardegna - R8 - Upgraded the tires to SS, but left it otherwise unmodified. I was able to blast past the other cars easily for the win. CRB, too. It is a nice car to drive, even if it did get a little squirrelly in the kink.

Maggiore - V40 - Upgraded the tires to SS, again. This race felt too easy. If any of the opponents had modified cars, they weren't noticeably faster than my stock car on SS tires. Drove to an easy win. CRB. Second ticket achieved.

Goodwood - E-type - SS tires, again, but no other changes. Finally, a bit of a challenge. I was able to climb to P2 quite easily, but went into the final lap some way back from the P1 Countach. I was expecting to have to settle for P2, but I managed to catch them and get by before the back straight. That Countach has some good top-end speed and made a huge dive going into the final corner to take the lead again. They couldn't stick it, though, and I took the lead back for the final pass through the chicane and the win. The car was a delight to drive. It handled much better than I was expecting.

Tokyo - Corvette - Started on RMs and quickly realized that fuel was going to be a challenge with this car. Without fuel-saving, it looked like it was going to be at a two-pitter, maybe three. I did a bit of short-shifting and stretched out my first stint to 4 laps. There was a big blob of rain on the radar, so I switched to IMs. That turned out to be a mistake. There was a bit of rain, but never enough to warrant rain tires. I stayed out for three laps on them. The rear tires were completely worn for most of the third one, so I lost a fair bit of time on that lap. I switched back to RMs for the final stint, but I was just too far back to catch the leaders. Finished P6. Going to have to give this another try later.

Race 1 - Mazda3 '19 - tuned it to 550PP and 3 cars ahead were still faster. Managed to finish second with overtaking in or just after corners... Got the 100k ticket.

19082d1d31925-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Ferrari GTO '84 - just bought this expensive mister GTO. And what other to do then tried it on race track... Put SS and went racing - this car is fast, but it wants to kill you on braking! Same as the race before, I finished second, with going to grass on finish straight and releasing n2 to overtake me.

19082d21b8762-screenshotUrl.jpg

weekly-challenge-202407w1-r5.jpg

Tokyo - Corvette - Started on RMs and quickly realized that fuel was going to be a challenge with this car. Without fuel-saving, it looked like it was going to be at a two-pitter, maybe three. I did a bit of short-shifting and stretched out my first stint to 4 laps. There was a big blob of rain on the radar, so I switched to IMs. That turned out to be a mistake. There was a bit of rain, but never enough to warrant rain tires. I stayed out for three laps on them. The rear tires were completely worn for most of the third one, so I lost a fair bit of time on that lap. I switched back to RMs for the final stint, but I was just too far back to catch the leaders. Finished P6. Going to have to give this another try later.
I made another attempt at the WTC 800 race at Tokyo Expressway and figured it out.

First, I switched to RS tires. That gave me the pace to catch the leaders.

Second, a combination of short-shifting just shy of 6000RPM and fuel map at 2 was enough to stretch out the fuel to five laps.

Third, I was lucky not have any rain.

It was an easy win with 20+ seconds to the next car. As you can probably tell from the photo, though, there was no CRB on this one. I blame my Friday afternoon G&T on that.

The 6-star ticket gave me a VW Supersport VGT. I'm okay with that as I didn't already own it.

Last edited:
Did the Tokyo 800 with the Audi RS5 on RM, FM6 with 1 pit stop for fuel only. Rained at some point but not up to the point where switching to I or W was necessary.

6* brought 500k, better than a car I already have that I could sell for 300k 😅

Last edited:
Those were some good races this week. My choices:
My 306hp Volvo was overkill. I'll reattempt with a stock one this week:
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Trial Mountain in my 583pp GC Impreza. Won by 7 secs:
Trial Mountain Circuit_ (9) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Sardegna was fun in my old 911. Had a good battle for the last two laps with one of the French drivers who was in an AMG C Class. Won by around 5 seconds:
Sardegna - Road Track - A_ (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Tokyo was easy with my trusty WTC800 Audi. Light rain but not enough to switch tires. Was on my usual RH and pitted only for fuel.Won by over 30 seconds:
Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Goodwood was a nailbiter of sorts. Had to use my swapped AE86 which was just over the suggested 580pp at 583. Took the lead midway through the third lap and won by 5 seconds:
Goodwood Motor Circuit_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Roulette got me 500k. Good enough.

Done with them all, it was a fun set this time!

1) Japanese 4WD 600 @ Trial Mountain

Randomizer sent me here with the Blobeye STI, so I only gave it SH tires and a basic air filter + exhaust tuning and hit the road, car was around 500pp this way. It won with ease but no CRB, since the AI loves to brake early and/or mid-corner and the STI on stock brakes and suspensions is kind of a boat, I have to admit. So I installed some Sports suspensions and brakes and gave it another try, and things went A LOT better! Way more fun to drive and stable, better braking, got the CRB. This time Mangano was the leading car instead of Hizal and he proved a bit tougher to beat, only overtook him after the tunnel on lap 2. Fun race.

20970757255517723.jpg

100k ticket secured.

2) European Clubman Cup 600 @ Sardegna A

For this one, the randomizer had me trying to tame an old school Ferrari V12 on "the grind" circuit. My Testarossa had already been modified and honestly, when I did so I was probably drunk: the car had an exaggerated rake setup, the custom wing and a stupid livery with some alphatauri stickers among others (?), so I immediately turned it back to stock, painted it in Rosso Corsa and tuned it down to 600pp (it was at 700). SH tires, no wing, and lowered the power; the car was still eating the competition alive, including that RWB Porsche that's up front, the only worthy opponent was Beauvois in his V8 Merc. Managed to beat him after a couple tries trying to tame this beast, and also got the CRB. Beautiful car!

20970688597455282.jpg

3) Volvo V40 Special @ Lago Maggiore East

So for this race I took the V40 exactly as it was from last time at Red Bull Ring, which means stock with some aero parts from GT Auto. But on Maggiore I was struggling, couldn't get the win by less than a second, so I bought some SH tires for it hoping to better get the power down on the ground. Things improved and I won, no CRB since an orange Volvo dive-bombed me on turn 1, lap 3.

20970423509251563.jpg

Snatched the 200k ticket.

4) Historic Sportscars Masters @ Goodwood

The randomizer picked the car I was wanting to use for quite a while, the 512BB which I turned into the Koenig Specials version and tuned to 600pp. A little downgrade of power down to 580 and I hit the track, yet again behind the wheel of an old school Ferrari V12. I love the raw feeling of this car, it suddenly tries to kill you when you least expect it as a true classic would do but gives you pure pleasure otherwise. At first I was pushing too hard thinking I wouldn't be able to catch up the leaders, and thus won the first time with no CRB, but I decided to give it another try with a more conservative approach. Still won the battle of the Italian V12s, but this time in the cleanest way possible. This was such a fun event!

20970033958593571.jpg

5) WTC 800 @ Tokyo Expressway East

And now for the final event. Randomizer had me use the RX Vision GT3, which I hadn't been using for a very long time. This meant I had to find another tune for it, and luckily our resident Maestro had one ready, and I couldn't believe how good of a job he did until I started driving between the Tokyo walls. This car drives like a dream, it was pure enjoyment, the car was really at home there...shame I can't use this setup for the Lago Maggiore mission, I'd definitely win that if it was the case. Started on RM and FM4 to get a nice sprint before the rain...which didn't come eventually, all I got was a quick shower that didn't even bring the water indicator into IM range. So I had to pit on lap 4 once again for slicks, and thus I went for RH and FM6 with short shifting in hopes that I could make it to the end. I did, because of how good this car is, and won by 42 seconds again with CRB. Awesome race!

20970227513290444.jpg

The 4* marathon ticket gave me 30k, the 6* gave me this instead:

190880b48c478-screenshotUrl.jpg

I don't have it so I'm really happy with the result!

Then I realized, the only event with no CRB was the Volvo one, and I also had my couple of thoughts about the car and the things it needed in my opinion. So I went for a racing exhaust (it's too silent, feels almost electric) and an LSD, and oh boy how things changed! Finally I can accelerate when coming out of a corner without hours of wheelspin and understeer! Won with CRB and completed the set.

20970952466623360.jpg

Seriously, give this car an LSD. It will make things easier I know, but the driving pleasure will benefit IMMENSELY from that!

Last edited:
Done with them all, it was a fun set this time!

1) Japanese 4WD 600 @ Trial Mountain

Randomizer sent me here with the Blobeye STI, so I only gave it SH tires and a basic air filter + exhaust tuning and hit the road, car was around 500pp this way. It won with ease but no CRB, since the AI loves to brake early and/or mid-corner and the STI on stock brakes and suspensions is kind of a boat, I have to admit. So I installed some Sports suspensions and brakes and gave it another try, and things went A LOT better! Way more fun to drive and stable, better braking, got the CRB. This time Mangano was the leading car instead of Hizal and he proved a bit tougher to beat, only overtook him after the tunnel on lap 2. Fun race.

View attachment 1370407

100k ticket secured.

2) European Clubman Cup 600 @ Sardegna A

For this one, the randomizer had me trying to tame an old school Ferrari V12 on "the grind" circuit. My Testarossa had already been modified and honestly, when I did so I was probably drunk: the car had an exaggerated rake setup, the custom wing and a stupid livery with some alphatauri stickers among others (?), so I immediately turned it back to stock, painted it in Rosso Corsa and tuned it down to 600pp (it was at 700). SH tires, no wing, and lowered the power; the car was still eating the competition alive, including that RWB Porsche that's up front, the only worthy opponent was Beauvois in his V8 Merc. Managed to beat him after a couple tries trying to tame this beast, and also got the CRB. Beautiful car!

View attachment 1370408

3) Volvo V40 Special @ Lago Maggiore East

So for this race I took the V40 exactly as it was from last time at Red Bull Ring, which means stock with some aero parts from GT Auto. But on Maggiore I was struggling, couldn't get the win by less than a second, so I bought some SH tires for it hoping to better get the power down on the ground. Things improved and I won, no CRB since an orange Volvo dive-bombed me on turn 1, lap 3.

View attachment 1370409

Snatched the 200k ticket.

4) Historic Sportscars Masters @ Goodwood

The randomizer picked the car I was wanting to use for quite a while, the 512BB which I turned into the Koenig Specials version and tuned to 600pp. A little downgrade of power down to 580 and I hit the track, yet again behind the wheel of an old school Ferrari V12. I love the raw feeling of this car, it suddenly tries to kill you when you least expect it as a true classic would do but gives you pure pleasure otherwise. At first I was pushing too hard thinking I wouldn't be able to catch up the leaders, and thus won the first time with no CRB, but I decided to give it another try with a more conservative approach. Still won the battle of the Italian V12s, but this time in the cleanest way possible. This was such a fun event!

View attachment 1370411

5) WTC 800 @ Tokyo Expressway East

And now for the final event. Randomizer had me use the RX Vision GT3, which I hadn't been using for a very long time. This meant I had to find another tune for it, and luckily our resident Maestro had one ready, and I couldn't believe how good of a job he did until I started driving between the Tokyo walls. This car drives like a dream, it was pure enjoyment, the car was really at home there...shame I can't use this setup for the Lago Maggiore mission, I'd definitely win that if it was the case. Started on RM and FM4 to get a nice sprint before the rain...which didn't come eventually, all I got was a quick shower that didn't even bring the water indicator into IM range. So I had to pit on lap 4 once again for slicks, and thus I went for RH and FM6 with short shifting in hopes that I could make it to the end. I did, because of how good this car is, and won by 42 seconds again with CRB. Awesome race!

View attachment 1370412

The 4* marathon ticket gave me 30k, the 6* gave me this instead:

View attachment 1370414

I don't have it so I'm really happy with the result!

Then I realized, the only event with no CRB was the Volvo one, and I also had my couple of thoughts about the car and the things it needed in my opinion. So I went for a racing exhaust (it's too silent, feels almost electric) and an LSD, and oh boy how things changed! Finally I can accelerate when coming out of a corner without hours of wheelspin and understeer! Won with CRB and completed the set.

View attachment 1370413

Seriously, give this car an LSD. It will make things easier I know, but the driving pleasure will benefit IMMENSELY from that!
Did you just equip the LSD or did you also adjust the settings?

Did you just equip the LSD or did you also adjust the settings?
I did a bit of tweaking, but just installing it will make a difference regardless. The car doesn't have one from factory and thus will wheelspin when coming out of any corner, installing a differential makes a whole world of difference.

Another close Clean Sweep
  • Japanese 4WD - GT-R R32 🔰
  • European Clubman Cup - SLR McLaren 🔰
  • Special Event - Obvious 🔰
  • Historic Sportscars - Sierra RS500 🔰
  • WTC800 - M6 GT3 Endurance Model

Big rewards, though
  • 500k from 3-Star Daily
  • 500k from 6-Star Ticket

Back