Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,448 comments
This week's challenges are done. Got a Veyron from a 6-star Car Ticket.

191c5b6091758-screenshotUrl.jpg

191c5b6c2084-screenshotUrl.jpg

191c5b75e7f79-screenshotUrl.jpg

191c5b7cb3535-screenshotUrl.jpg

191c5b8103336-screenshotUrl.jpg

Use the Toyota GT-ONE, and tune it up a bit, AI has one in race And is the main competitor and usually winds up in P1 by lap 3 and puts in to the pits on lap 7, little chance of rain but not hard enough to change tyres.
So, a no-stop strategy is the winner here?? Do you need to fuel save at all??

View attachment 1386746
All set.

Parts ticket? Blah.

Cars ticket? Crossing my fingers for one I don't have or can sell for at least 500,000 credits.

All my picks besides the Gallardo are first-time drives, so I like that.
Managed to get through them all (normal difficulty)...

weekly-challenge-202409w1-r1.jpg

Northern Isle Speedway - Autobianci A112 Abarth '85 - I put CS tires on because the car was well below the suggested PP otherwise. Probably didn't need it. Put the pedal to the metal for an easy win. First ticket achieved.

weekly-challenge-202409w1-r2.jpg

Laguna Seca - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04 - I put SS tires on the car, along with some front and side aero for style. It took a bit of getting used to. Braking got a little dicey in places. Still managed to easily work my way up the field for an easy win.

weekly-challenge-202409w1-r3.jpg
Trial Mountain - Lambourghini Gllardo LP 560-4 '08 - The car already had SS tires on it from the last race. I went with those again. I took the lead with more than a lap remaining. Easy win. Second ticket won.

weekly-challenge-202409w1-r4.jpg

Blue Moon Bay - Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car - I threw SS tires on this one, too. The Mustang was such a nice car to drive. I was surprised. Another easy with.

weekly-challenge-202409w1-r5.jpg

Le Mans - Nissan GT-R GT500 '08 - I wasn't sure what to expect for tire wear, so I stuck with the default RMs. I did some fairly heavy fuel saving on the first lap because the fuel gauge was saying I'd barely get 4 laps from the full tank and I wanted to do the race with only one pit. That turned out to be completely unnecessary. By the time the gauge adjusted, I had enough fuel to go 6 laps. I pitted on lap 5, though to try to tip the rubberbanding in my favour. I took fuel and tires. By the end of lap 8, I was in P4 closing in on the P3 car. They pitted and I was promoted to P3. But the lead cars were still both way ahead of me. I couldn't catch them. Finished in P3. Good enough for the final ticket.

The parts ticket gave me a Bore Up for a VW. Worthless. I'll never use it.

The car ticket gave me an Audi R18. I already owned one, so I sold it for 352,000 credits. Disappointing. Hope we're back to credit tickets next week.

Last edited:
Weekly challenge for LeMans - pulled out the new Toyota GR010 we just got a couple weeks ago.
FM 6 to start and then box at the end of lap 7. Tires and fuel - FM 1 to the end. Easy win by almost three minutes.

Parts tix - Titanium rods and pistons for a Toyota Tundra
Car tix - Audi R18 ( 2016 )

Last edited:
Only in NYC can you walk like that through traffic and not get killed....BTW I just love the music, Issac Hayes is a genius...
The gig worker cyclists will give Shaft a serious challenge, because they are running from not only trucks, buses and 5000lb monstrosities driven by the tired, distracted and blinded; but also the inescapable nightmare of relentlessly increasing cost of living.

They exude Mad Max survivor energy:

1725632713715.png

I would totally add that Issac Hayes track as GT7 pre-race fanfare.

Just finished the weekly races and got a pistons set worth 15k from 6* parts.
The car 6* gave a 917 worth 420k which i keep it cause of his low selling price.
PD this week was very very cheap.
More cheap you die😂

Time to scream:
Show me the moneyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!
The 18mil 917 is only worth 420k?!

The 18mil 917 is only worth 420k?!
Of course not , you can't win a 18 or any similar high price car in a ticket.
Its the 917 living ( leaving better) legend worth one million.
The most high selling price car i got ,was a Subaru VGT worth 1 million and sold for 720k !!!!! which was ridiculous high for such a crappy car.

The lowest was a lexus gt for 800k that selling price was around 270k and keep it.

Managed to finish up these races today, using the Toyota GR010 for the final race - didn't realise it would take me 36 minutes!!

Won an Alpine VGT '17 from the ticket, which is worth 440k. A week ago it was work 759k! I think I'll hold onto it until it's worth a bit more...

Managed to get through them all (normal difficulty)...

View attachment 1386910
Northern Isle Speedway - Autobianci A112 Abarth '85 - I put CS tires on because the car was well below the suggested PP otherwise. Probably didn't need it. Put the pedal to the metal for an easy win. First ticket achieved.

View attachment 1386911
Laguna Seca - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '04 - I put SS tires on the car, along with some front and side aero for style. It took a bit of getting used to. Braking got a little dicey in places. Still managed to easily work my way up the field for an easy win.

View attachment 1386912Trial Mountain - Lambourghini Gllardo LP 560-4 '08 - The car already had SS tires on it from the last race. I went with those again. I took the lead with more than a lap remaining. Easy win. Second ticket won.

View attachment 1386913
Blue Moon Bay - Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car - I threw SS tires on this one, too. The Mustang was such a nice car to drive. I was surprised. Another easy with.

View attachment 1386914
Le Mans - Nissan GT-R GT500 '08 - I wasn't sure what to expect for tire wear, so I stuck with the default RMs. I did some fairly heavy fuel saving on the first lap because the fuel gauge was saying I'd barely get 4 laps from the full tank and I wanted to do the race with only one pit. That turned out to be completely unnecessary. By the time the gauge adjusted, I had enough fuel to go 6 laps. I pitted on lap 5, though to try to tip the rubberbanding in my favour. I took fuel and tires. By the end of lap 8, I was in P4 closing in on the P3 car. They pitted and I was promoted to P3. But the lead cars were still both way ahead of me. I couldn't catch them. Finished in P3. Good enough for the final ticket.

The parts ticket gave me a Bore Up for a VW. Worthless. I'll never use it.

The car ticket gave me an Audi R18. I already owned one, so I sold it for 352,000 credits. Disappointing. Hope we're back to credit tickets next week.
Really love the little Autobianci

Did three of these for the 150k. Likely won't do the other two as I have so little faith in the roulette system to give me anything decent. Already own all the cars, so investing in the last two races would be a waste of time.

THis was fun... like playing dodgeball against a bunch of 1st graders. :lol:

64fcdbe0a81c5192f0c92c6506f543e8_photo.webp

Did three of these for the 150k. Likely won't do the other two as I have so little faith in the roulette system to give me anything decent. Already own all the cars, so investing in the last two races would be a waste of time.

THis was fun... like playing dodgeball against a bunch of 1st graders. :lol:

64fcdbe0a81c5192f0c92c6506f543e8_photo.webp
Your GT looks cool. Makes me want to buy one, but I’d probably sell it right after buying it though. :lol:

Well that was an hours worth of my time wasted on the WTC900. Let's start with that,shall we? So I decided to go with my old Toyota GT-1 which I handily won this race earlier this year. First try was dry, only finished 7th. Went for a second try, again a dry race,only finished 4th. Not sure if the car is a victim of 1.49 but it just didn't feel the same as before. Plus the AI up ahead seem to be faster nowadays. Geez. I may reattempt with some other car. Moving on.....
At this point I was already pissed and not a happy camper. lol
Afeela at Northern Isle. Lapped a few cars.
Northern Isle Speedway_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Blue Moon with my 570pp Focus. Easy win.
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Laguna Seca with my swapped EG. 217hp and only 547pp. Went down the wire with the AE86 Shigeno. Won it by 3.something seconds.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_ (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Trial Mountain was another easy one with the Gallardo I modded. A handful but it was ok.
Trial Mountain Circuit_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
BLEH week for me.

I'm through. Done them one after the other yesterday and I found them all to be quite easy.

SUNDAY CUP
This Northern Isle thingy is funny, isn't it ? Hit START - race - win - hit EXIT. Done within 2 minutes. My stock Fit was unstoppable. :lol:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240906213840.jpg

CLUBMAN 550
Derrouiche ! It's always Derrouiche ! The guy rear-ended me approaching Corkscrew. Twice. The first time I got sand-trapped, the second time I was expecting it already, used the touch to help my car through the turn :D and got away for the win.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240906215045.jpg

GALLARDO SPECIAL
Way easier than the first Gallardo event imo and it's definitely big fun to maneuver this rocket round Trial Mountain.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240906220133.jpg

ASC 600
After trying the Tesla S on High Speed Ring recently I had a doubt about its competitiveness for its 210 km/h cap. Needless ! The opposition here isn't faster so it's been one more easy win.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240906221201.jpg

WTC 900
Might be my aged memory but ... did we ever have such a long race since GT4 ? :lol: Needed two attempts here after throwing my car away on a corner exit during the first run. The DTM Audi is a safe bet though and everything went fine thereafter. FM3 - RM - one stop.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240906221947.jpg

And now ?
Next event is an Aston Martin at Suzuka. Trying to beat my PB at the IA-1 license test.

Last edited:
An easy week:
  • Sunday Cup - Civic SiR II 🔰
  • Japanese Clubman Cup - Lexus LFA 🔰
  • Gallardo One-Make - 🚫
  • American Sunday Cup - Infiniti VGT 🔰
  • WTC900 - 787B 🚫

Okay rewards:
  • Carbon Shaft for Toyota Crown from 6-Star Part Ticket
  • Dupe X2019 Competition from 6-Star Car Ticket
  • 15k total from 2 Daily 3-Stars

I echo everyone's sentiment. This was an easy week.

I'm saving the Special Event for last because I like the car and the track, and I want to turn the Gallardo into a maxed out hypercar slayer.

RACE 5 - WTC900 at Le Mans
Difficulty: Hard
Car: NSX Concept-GT '16 (GR.2)
Tune: 893pp / 815hp / 2313lb - 1049kg / Racing Hards / Medium RPM Turbo
Strategy: 1 stop / pit at end of lap 5 for tires and fuel / FM3 + short shifting for first 3 laps of stint - FM1 + short shifting for the last 2 laps of a stint

I did this race maybe twice after it debuted, but avoided it after that -- it was over-long and you start 40+ seconds behind the leader, but there was something else that I had forgotten about...

Penalties.

On my first run, I picked up penalties on 6 out of the 10 laps. I seriously wanted to jump out of my car to have an angry word with the race officials.

R5 - NSX16gr2 - Results 1.jpg

Also, though I had started with Racing Medium tires and the High RPM Turbo, I noticed that there was no way my tires would last for a 1 stop run. The reason? I drive (like a gorilla) with the controller and my brain is perpetually stuck in Time Trial mode.

I switched to Racing Hards and the Medium RPM turbo. I STILL struggled with tire wear. But the NSX had monstrous pace anyway. It was twitchy and random in low speed corners, but I could go for high speed corners like an open-wheeler. It was still a big learning curve for me because I enjoy the Group C cars far more.

Oddly, the AI seems to have less HP than in the other WTC900 races.

I called it a night and blew through most of remaining races. I revisited the race in the morning.

So how much faster can I go after a good night's sleep and a run with 0 penalties?

Over 30 seconds.

R5 - NSX16gr2 - Results 2.jpg

I kinda want to see what a GR.1 car can do now :lol:

R5 - NSX16gr2 - Action.jpg

Easy, but fun events this week. I usually try to pick cars that make it a challenge, but didn't have too much trouble besides Laguna Seca.

Sunday Cup
Decided on the VW Golf. It had a couple street tune items, but was nearly stock. Turned out to be a pretty close race. Took me a few tries, but I was able to pass on the last lap eventually. Definitely turned a boring race into a challenge!
20970668281586959.jpg

Japanese Clubman Cup
Had some fun with the swapped MR2 after failing to win with the R31 GT-R. Took off a few parts to get this set up even with the event, and had a great race to the end. Battled a bit of understeer with this, but it kept it balanced during the tricky spots.
20970551923504700.jpg

Gallardo One-Make
Just a few street tune up items, and this beautiful Superlegga livery and aero, and this race was a breeze. Quite the fun car to throw around.
20969909393515441.jpg

American Sunday Cup
Busted out the Boss and won on the last lap. I play in VR, and that plane in the sky causes so many glitched races. As soon as it is loading, the steering and controls lock or glitch out for a 1/4 second, and it ruins so many races. Chevy Stingray was undrivable on turn 1 of lap 1 and 3, so I switch to the Mustang and had no issues.
20970876981103468.jpg

WTC900
After realizing the Valkyrie was eating up tires too fast for my race plans, I decided to not waste anymore time and bust our the reliable Jag. What a pleasure to drive, especially in VR. Love how you can control the rear end in low gears even when hustling, with the bonus of insane downforce and top speed. Also, love the Stack tach!
20970665523627619.jpg

I did a quick work on the weekly races as I'm spending more time this weekend in the online tine trials.

• Sunday Cup - Toyota Corolla Morizo
  • Japanese Clubman - Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo '91
  • Special Event - Lambo Gallardo
  • American Sunday Cup - Camaro SS '16
  • WTC 900 Le Mans - Toyota GT one

The final ticket rewarded me with a Red Bull X2014. A nice gift I'd say, it's a car I didn't have and the other 4 options in the roulette were all VGTs....

20970143084920230.jpg

Last edited:
An easy week:
  • Sunday Cup - Civic SiR II 🔰
  • Japanese Clubman Cup - Lexus LFA 🔰
  • Gallardo One-Make - 🚫
  • American Sunday Cup - Infiniti VGT 🔰
  • WTC900 - 787B 🚫

Okay rewards:
  • Carbon Shaft for Toyota Crown from 6-Star Part Ticket
  • Dupe X2019 Competition from 6-Star Car Ticket
  • 15k total from 2 Daily 3-Stars
You're a sex machine to all the chicks...
PSN connected
Shaft collected
You too are a sex machine to all the chicks...

RACE 5 - WTC900 at Le Mans
Difficulty: Hard
Car: NSX Concept-GT '16 (GR.2)
Tune: 893pp / 815hp / 2313lb - 1049kg / Racing Hards / Medium RPM Turbo
Strategy: 1 stop / pit at end of lap 5 for tires and fuel / FM3 + short shifting for first 3 laps of stint - FM1 + short shifting for the last 2 laps of a stint
Did you have a complete tune on your car ?

After a first test I can at least affirm the car is monstrous fast through high speed corners ! :D

Ah, and btw that > 35:09,135 :bowdown: must have been a blistering run !

Last edited:
The last few times I had some fun on easy mode but this time I wanted a bit of challenge & fun, so I went for hard mode but didn't take things too seriously.

Race 1: Northern Isle Speedway
I was a bit surprised that there was a Sunday Cup although it was Saturday. But whatever.... So I asked if I could compete with my cough slightly cough tuned A112 and they said yeah, of course. Very, very, easy victory😄
1000014542.png

Race 2: Laguna Seca
Ideal Track for a small car, so I brought my, also slightly😉 tuned Honda Beat. But hey, it was still clearly under the PP limit! The track and the car harmonize very well, so again a easy win.
1000014549.png

Race 3: Trial Mountain
I didn't even own the Gallardo yet, so I had to buy it. At my first try I completely f'd up most braking points on the first lap and finished 4th, 10 seconds behind P4.
On my second try I still had quite a few problems and took a very close P3. Not an easy race for me tbh.
1000014544.png

Race 4: Blue Moon Bay
After the sweaty Gallardo race it was time for some relaxing fun. I brought my maxed out Tesla 3 for this. The performance of this beast is insane, so ofc this was another very easy victory.
1000014545.png

Race 5: Le Mans
You guys won't believe this, but yesterday I indeed won a VW ID.R '19 from a 5* DM ticket! So I was like "Could I maybe do this race with this car?" But ofc the answer is no, because you can't even do two laps before the battery runs out of juice😒
Well, the only Gr.2 car I own is the Toyota, so I tried this one. Gave up on lap 2 'cause it's an understeery mess and I just can't/won't drive this thing.
So one of the good, old Group C cars maybe? I chose the 787B and tried a non stop race on FM6. Finished 7th😟
Next I tried the Peugeot HDI. So much better to drive than the Toyota! But I'm just too damn slow in those high downforce cars. I was almost constantly 44 sec behind the leader and gave up on lap 6.
Damn, what can I do to win this race? I didn't want to turn the difficulty down. So I tried the Valkyrie. And yes, this one worked well! FM6 all the way, a little bit of short shifting and it's good enough for 5 laps. Tires, although RHs, are almost dead after 4 laps but it's still driveable and so I finally succeeded🙂
1000014546.png

1000014547.png

Overall, this was a pretty nice set for me. I got, what I wanted, fun and challenge.
But, was it worth it in terms of rewards? Well, yes, it was:

1000014551.png

Already had the car and sold it for almost 1.4 million🙂

Attachments

• 1000014547.png
    1000014547.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1000014543.png
    1000014543.png
    289.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back