Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,448 comments
Used the MP4/4 for the Le Mans race, have been sent to Barry R deep in the sand twice on the first lap and lost 10 to 15s each time.

After that I was in a killer mood, and went on a hunt to win the race. FM6 all along with RM tyres, pitted at end of lap 6 while being in front with 32s gap. Changed tyres, took 4 laps of fuel and exited right behind number 2 that I passed on the beginning the Hunaudières. He pitted on next lap, and previous n°1 and 2 were chasing me with 15s gap at first, that I increased to 35.

Easy victory despite the shenanigans at the start. I was on normal difficulty, lapping around 3:40 with some 39s with a end race time of 37min something. Without the AI shooting me to hyperspace at the start, the race would have been shorter and I would have been 1st before the head duo stopped to pit.

[Edit]And I completed my WTC900 events, I was still have this Le Mans event to do. Another step towards game completion.

Last edited:
I used the Valkyrie at Northern Isle, a swapped Sileighty at Laguna Seca, Tomahawk S and LMGT 55 GR.1 at LeMans. Overkill Friday night was in session😁. I quite enjoyed this week. I finished 1st in all but the Gallardo which I finished 2nd. That race it seemed like all cars were driving on a thin layer of ice with the sliding we were doing. After two laps I remembered to stop sooner so I could control the slide. I had a chance to win but I was too aggressive and slid too much into a turn. At the LeMans race it took me 3 tries as I started with LMGT 55 Gr.1 but I kept spinning out so I quit and switched to the Tomahawk Gr.1 and I thought it was too easy so I switched back to the Mazda. This time around I was able to drive it with no issues. Coincidentally my wife left out the room during the time I started to drive better 🤔 I wonder what impact that had on my driving 🤣Won pistons for a Cayman and Veyron which I promptly sold for like 1.7 mil.

I used Porsche 919 Hybrid in Le Mans untuned and i won +10 seconds.
It's very nice and reliable car!!!
And i got a Citroen VGT as price....
Read Hip Hip Hooray GIF

Last edited:
Did you have a complete tune on your car ?

After a first test I can at least affirm the car is monstrous fast through high speed corners ! :D

Ah, and btw that > 35:09,135 :bowdown: must have been a blistering run !
Thanks! I just kept pushing after I got through lap 2 without a penalty. And the car kept giving. Super GT cars are bonkers.

Here's my tune. Minor tweaks to base setup. But I think the Medium RPM Turbo was doing the heavy lifting.

Note: My NSX was a bit aggressive / loose at the limit in the high speed corners. This appeared the most when my rear tires were worn. Lower front downforce may help.

R5 - NSX16gr2 - Settings 1.jpg

R5 - NSX16gr2 - Settings 2.jpg

R5 - NSX16gr2 - Settings - Gears.jpg

In my experience, the Le Mans race is now harder than before 1.49. The 2016 GT500 cars are faster and the Toyota GT1 I used previously seems slower.
Is that just me or do you experience the same?

Finally have enough of these 6 star car tickets awarding crappy VGTs. Sold every VGT in my garage and bought the Barker. I’ll get them all back from these weekly tickets anyways.

Last edited:
In my experience, the Le Mans race is now harder than before 1.49. The 2016 GT500 cars are faster and the Toyota GT1 I used previously seems slower.
I am not sure but it's possible, the AI GT-One still is the meta car and usually in p1 by lap6. I either have a tuned Gr.2 or I just jump into one of the newer Gr.1 cars and set it down with FM6 and just nonstop the race.

I am not sure but it's possible, the AI GT-One still is the meta car and usually in p1 by lap6. I either have a tuned Gr.2 or I just jump into one of the newer Gr.1 cars and set it down with FM6 and just nonstop the race.
When I did the race the GT-One was fourth behind two of the 2016 GT-R GT500's, quite a while back from them...

Last edited:
That was my experience with my GT-1 so I went with the 787.

I'm not sure if the race itself is harder overall. From my runs, the AI GT500 cars challenged me in the braking zones and corners, but their top speeds were slower than in the other WTC900 races.

Weirdly, the AI Toyota GT-One seems nerfed. It was the car to beat before update 1.49. It'd start in 6th place and quietly eat the field mid-race. It still has the highest top speed. But it's rare to see the car finish in the top 3 now.

What feels worse about your car - the handling or the acceleration, the top speed, high speed grip? I don't remember if the Toyota has a High RPM Turbo upgrade. IMO, the low end acceleration feels so much slower on the High RPM Turbos now that the extra top end power doesn't matter.

If you had to add ballast to the front of the car to keep it within the PP limit, that may also affect acceleration and cornering in ways that appear in slower lap times rather than immediate feel.

It happens to me also when i run this race.
Urus was in the midfield while before 1.49 was 9 out of 10 times the car to beat .

I remember when this race appears for the first time we challenge to bust 34's and did it with 2 or 3 cars .
Now seems impossible .

Urus was in the midfield while before 1.49 was 9 out of 10 times the car to beat .

I remember when this race appears for the first time we challenge to bust 34's and did it with 2 or 3 cars .
Now seems impossible .
the only excuse / reason i can give why i do not have problems with this WTC900 is i am on EASY level for i am dexterity challenged in my fingers / hands (arthritis)...
(is why i do love the Le Mans course is that there are easy turns and not much really twisty times)

Last edited:

Now seems impossible .
Same here, on Easy. I had no issues with the Toyota, pitting on lap 6. Easy win.
I tried the WTC900 race two more times today with the Toyota GT-One on hard difficulty. I ran the Medium RPM Turbo. The car was around 840pp with everything maxed. And it definitely felt like the underdog that its PP rating implied.

0. I did a 1-stop on Racing Mediums. Pit stop was at the end of lap 5 for fresh tires and a full tank of fuel. FM3 shifting at the half way point on the rev bar for most of the way with the final lap being mostly FM1 and reving the car out. The fuel gauge was particularly awful here at helping me plan my fuel strategy. I don't seem to have enough fuel to push in the first stint, but I ended up with nearly 1 extra lap of fuel by the race's end.

1. I give this race and its AI nonsense the NYC salute. If this were an unlimited race with no fuel consumption or tire wear, I'd grind with the Chaparral 2X and Tomahawk here out of spite.

2. Oh dear goodness, @Boxster is right about the Toyota GT-One. The default setup is horrible. It's so stiff. I remember the GT-One feeling great (aside from being twitchy on slow corner exits at full throttle) in its debute Time Trial. But now?

• it has tons of understeer coming off the brakes,
  • is easily upset by curbs in high speed corners,
  • is STILL twitchy in low speed corners,
  • Also, it kinda struggles with top speed:

Optimizing gears is finicky and has the Toyota either bumping the rev limiter or just being slow. No happy middle ground.

3. The AI GT500 '16 cars were limited by gearing here. Their top speed was around 189mph / 305kph. Though they make up for that by being totally broken in acceleration, braking, grip and tire wear.

4. In my first run, I beat the AI by around 33 seconds.

R5 - GT-One - Results 1.jpg

In my second run, I ran nearly 30 seconds faster, but only won by 1.4 seconds. At least the AI GT-One woke up for this race

R5 - GT-One - Results 2.jpg

The lead AI, Kawakami, did a 1 stop at the end of lap 5 along with me with a ~20 second lead, but it kept going subtly faster. Its personal best was 2 seconds faster than in the first stint. It performed this cheater magic on Racing Hard tires that were 80%+ worn. Kawakami did a 3:39 on the last lap.

With more skill and a better setup there's more time to find with the GT-One, but for now :indiff:

I enjoy Le Mans in crazy prototypes, but this race can now go bite me.

Trial Mountain Circuit_.jpeg

Northern Isle Speedway_.jpeg
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_.jpeg

Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A_.jpeg
24 Heures du Mans race track_.jpeg

There was a bit of experimentation going on with the tires. Right now I wouldn't say they are the optimal tuning strategy, but it seems to be good at cutting some of the high-speed Gs. The PP system seems to consider it a lot more than it probably should right now. I can't imagine many circuits in this game where you would be cornering hard at over 150 mph.

EventCarPPPower (HP)Weight (lbs)Tire / Strategy
Sunday CupAutobianchi A112 Abarth '85318.09 (-53.07)781565Comfort:Medium (F) + Comfort:Hard (R)
Japanese Clubman Cup 550Toyota MR2 GT-S '97528.59 (+15.28)2412800Sports: Medium
Special Event - Lamborghini Gallardo One-MakeLamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08614.89
(-9.2)
5093373Sports: Hard
American Sunday Cup 600DMC DeLorean S2 '04510.59 (-75.45)2772906Sports: Hard (F) +
Comfort:Soft (R)
World Touring Car 900Lexus SC430 GT500 '08839.21 (+13.21)6632425Racing: 6M - 4M

Apart from it seeming like I was being mocked by having Northern Isle become a Weekly Challenge, it turns out to be a lot more fun if you don't try to drive an overpowered car. If only there was an actual event there that isn't the Circuit Experience or one that you completely outgrow almost immediately after starting the game. The biggest joke is that you learn the track in a much harder car than one you would (reasonably) race there.

The A112 Abarth is currently the second furthest away from the recommended PP on the spreadsheet, only beaten by the Porsche 911 Carerra RS (964) '92 in the World Rally Challenge (Fisherman's Ranch). Even if they are a little tricky at times, they were by far the most enjoyable to drive.

At the end of the WTC900 event, there were a few seconds between the CPU and I, so it could definitely be brought down lower. But at ~35 minutes per attempt, it's probably better to leave that for the next time it comes around.

No need to really discuss the Special Event. It's pretty much par for the course.

Replays
Sunday Cup
Japanese Clubman Cup 550
Special Event - Lamborghini Gallardo One-Make
American Sunday Cup 600
World Touring Car 900

My possible choice for this week is:
  • Tesla Model 3 Performance '23​
  • Honda NSX '17​
  • Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08​
  • Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Sport Coupé '70​
  • Genesis X Gran Racer VGT Concept​
RACE ONE: NORTHERN ISLE SPEEDWAY - SUNDAY CUP

1000087992.jpg

RACE TWO: WEATHERTECH RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA - JAPANESE CLUBMAN CUP 550

1000087993.jpg

RACE THREE: TRIAL MOUNTAIN CIRCUIT - LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO ONE-MAKE
1000087994.jpg

RACE FOUR: BLUE MOON BAY SPEEDWAY - INFIELD A - AMERICAN SUNDAY CUP 600
1000087995.jpg

RACE FIVE: CIRCUIT DE LA SARTHE - WORLD TOURING CAR 900
1000088062.jpg

Damn ! An old Porsche special event, long time no see 😅

Only credit tickets, not much fun here. I'll do the special one, but the others not sure. Don't need money.

Last edited:
Back