Weekly Endurance Series Qualification Thread.

• Thread starter Tyre King
  • 57 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna give it a little more time tonight. Can't drive for very long, my steering arm still isn't 100% but my Physical Therapist said driving GT4 is good rehab....hell I knew that. I'm also on a massive dose of Prednisone (steroid) for a sinus thingy, haven't been able to smell anything...NOTHING, not even incense burning right under my nose. The not smelling isn't too bad but when you can't smell you can't taste anything either which is very discouraging. Went out to dinner last Friday and had a $35 steak with a horshradish sause and pimento sause on it and it was like eating cardboard, wouldn't have known there was horseradish had I not seen it. Oh well things are getting better, except I lost a dear friend and also my attorney yesterday to liver cancer. All this ****e had better stop. And you JR, at your ummm..advanced age you shouldn't be street fighting, jeeze I thought I was bad:)
Neil my friend I'll send ya my replay soon, but you owe me some wedding pics bud!!!

I'm gonna give it a little more time tonight. Can't drive for very long, my steering arm still isn't 100% but my Physical Therapist said driving GT4 is good rehab....hell I knew that. I'm also on a massive dose of Prednisone (steroid) for a sinus thingy, haven't been able to smell anything...NOTHING, not even incense burning right under my nose. The not smelling isn't too bad but when you can't smell you can't taste anything either which is very discouraging. Went out to dinner last Friday and had a $35 steak with a horshradish sause and pimento sause on it and it was like eating cardboard, wouldn't have known there was horseradish had I not seen it. Oh well things are getting better, except I lost a dear friend and also my attorney yesterday to liver cancer. All this ****e had better stop. And you JR, at your ummm..advanced age you shouldn't be street fighting, jeeze I thought I was bad:)
Neil my friend I'll send ya my replay soon, but you owe me some wedding pics bud!!!

Yeah, I know! But When you dropped off the grid mate, I feared the worst (almost) and didn't want to chance upsetting Cathy. I'll get 'em sorted out and e-mail you some of the best ones later in the week. (I'm still waiting for my little bro to e-mail me his pics of the day, bleeding lazy git, he is!)
Oh, and condolences on your losing your friend bud, seems to be going round somewhat.
As to the Sinus problem, I know EXACTLY where you are coming from there, had bad sinuses since the age of 13, and periodically lose my sense of taste too. (75% of the taste sense is actually smelling the food in your mouth)
The best thing I have found to do is to use menthol crystals in a facial sauna thingy, and something called Olbas Oil (get it from a pharmacist) in one of those plug-in room smelly things instead of the perfume near the bed at night.
And I hope the steroid is in a nasal spray, not a tablet? If it's tablet, then you have as much steroid in your little toe as in your sinuses. The sprays work better as the steroid is concentrated in the right place, so the dosages are a fraction and there are no side-effects.

Neil

OK, dropped .450 off my previous best lap tonight!
Managed to get a
T1 30.7xx
T2 1'12.7xx
T3 1'32.7xx

Happy enough for now.

Neil

Still struggleing with this Ford although it is a great guage for one's abilities! Still can't get under 1'33.5XX....yet. Man going up the first hill if you don't have your wheel perfectly straight you're done. Gonna try to get in the 1'32's before calling it a day.

Neil, my Doc has me on oral Prednisone, 80 Mg for 3 days then 60,40, 30,20,15,10 then 5, all 3 days each, but I'm also using a steroid nasal spray. Yeah this steroid has some wicked side effects especially when taken over a long term. My oldest daughter has been on them for 3 years for a skin condition and is the reason she broke her hip from a slip and fall, it really makes the bones brittle.

Not sure why anyone would bother trying to improve their times once they've acheived a gold license {01:33.7xx} .. you all must be :crazy: .. getting gold by 1 10th is good enough for me .

HAMILTON FOR THE WIN ! 👍

Well I won't be doing any more on this.

Beat my goal time, and now have a bad dose of the Flu to contend with. And not 'man-flu' either, proper aches/pains/bad chest/sore throat/ear ache/high fever/no appetite type flu!:ill:

Not well at all! :(

So get tho's times done, and sent to me. And I'll set up the first race proper once I feel up to it!👍

Neil

Hmmmm that flu doesn't sound too good , touch wood , hope it never gets this far south .
Hope you recover quickly Neil ..
Dels secret to get rid of it .. 1.eat a bunch of parsley .. parsley is full of good nutrients plus it counters the 'odour' of >>> garlic 2. eat lots of garlic {bake a whole stack of it} . 3. find a Swedish sauna with lots of tall blondes in it .. sit down and relax ; let your mind float to where it belongs .
I know it sounds a bit bothersome .. but it will work .

Got 4-5 times in so far, but expecting more over the weekend obviously.

Feeling a little better today, but only running on 3 pots out of 8 still.
Got one hell of a miss-fire! :lol:

Neil

I'll send you my replay on Monday Neil, my home computer took another dump so I need to go buy a new one this weekend...maybe if I can afford it. Figured I might as well get a laptop this time, I can use the same wireless router I use for the PS3.
My times will surely put me in second division which I'm fine with cause I'm quite rusty for now.

Thanks Laz! Got it.

Can you guys do me a favor, and put "WES Quali time" in the subject bar of your emails. It will stop my spam filter trying to delete them!

Ta Neil

I'll try sending my replay from work tomorrow since my home computer is in the hospital...again, and although I can use the internet from my PS3 I don't have an email setup. I'm sure I won't qualify for top division which is good. I won't get as frustrated while getting my driving skills (that's a joke) back like thet were. I believe I am at 1'33.4xx and although I've been a good second ahead of my ghost a few times but buckled under pressure. Hey Neil I've got a great idea for a Baby present (with Anne's graces of course) but it will fit in great with the new telly,I'll PM ya later

Went out Fri. evening to get some food and was in the Chevelle. A young guy about 25 came up and offered $40,000 for the Chevelle, told him it wasn't for sale cause I figured he was blowing smoke anyway. He offered a second time and said he was serious but again I told him no, then he came in the food store and asked if I'd take his number if I changed my mind and again I blew him off. After he left I told my friend that works there that if I thought he was serious I'd sell in a heartbeat at that price. My frien told me it was his cousin and he owns alot of income property and has over 40 cars titles and insured and he's not afraid to spend money on something he likes so I'm gonna get in touch with him. The car's worth about $26,000 so $40,000 would be insane, but I could pay off the small balance on the Chevelle and buy a '65 -'70 matching numbers GTO Convertible fully restored for about $35,000, with tri-power (3 two barrells), bucket seats and 4 on the floor. If this deal goes down Neil you'll be one happy camper.

Yup! :D

Setting up first race for this today!

Neil

Oops, been busy and forgot about the thread, hopefully I can come up with a time tonight.

aww crap im not gonna have time to do this i just saw the tread and thought it was cool but then i realized time sending was over today (or thats what im assuming) the only way i can get my time is tommorow
is there still a chance ??:nervous:

If you have a Playstation 3 you can view my replay.

Here is the file

Attachments

• SeattleReplay.rar
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
aww crap im not gonna have time to do this i just saw the tread and thought it was cool but then i realized time sending was over today (or thats what im assuming) the only way i can get my time is tommorow
is there still a chance ??:nervous:

Qualifying goes forever. You can enter at any time you wish.

My god!
How hard is it to actually read a thread and understand what you are reading?

The qualifying race is just so that when enough guys are in this, I can split them up into divisions based on performance in this test.
It will stay open for good,
You can enter anytime you like,
There is NO cut-off for entries, you can just leap in anytime, at any point.

All I ask is that you do the qualifying test, before you start.

The first race will definately go up sometime today, and it's a doosey!

Neil

No problem Troy 👍

Just get racing, OK?👍

Neil

Are we broken into divisions as of yet? How many racers are in this series?

Not yet mate, there are approx 10-15 guys that have done the quali test so far and I want at least 25-30 before splitting them into divisions.

To have three divisions we will need at least that number.

Just pass the word around, and it'll spread out to the rest of the community(I hope)
Neil

I may give it a try, I think I tried this one not too long ago, it was a gold, I submitted my time at db.gtrp.de and got just under 1:32, but I'll try it again and see what we can do 👍

EDIT - Spnt about 30 min on the license test and just about trimmed a second off my previous best. I'm not gonna sweat the remaining less than .04 to get into the 1:30.9's
1:31.0xx, submitting now :) Cool idea Neil, if I ever want to jump in later, I'll let ya know.

Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back