What are RM cars based on?

• Thread starter Racedude
  • 38 comments
Mexico
Tijuana
JuveraTj
I've searched and checked the RM thread, but no luck.
Can someone direct me to that info?

Thanks in advance.

While I don't know the whole story with the RM's, I can figure 2 out of them.

The Acura NSX RM
circuitdelasarthe2009no.jpg

It appears to be based on the NSX that Team Kunimitsu raced at Le Mans.

Honda_NSX_Le_Mans_Racer.JPG

Corvette Z06 & ZR1 RM
Corvette06_1.jpg

Looks like the old GT1 car to me. It even says Pratt & Miller right on the car.

2008-Chevrolet-Corvette-C6-R.jpg

The 69 camaro is based on the penske trans am car.
Lexus isf is the car kaz raced in the nurburgring 24h in 2010(?).
The challenger is also based on a trans am car, I'm not sure of the team though.

The evo ix always reminded me of a car skunk2 did for a tv show.
I can't post pictures from my iPod but the show was called the street tuner challenge.

Last edited:
The Evo reminds me of the HKS CTR2300R or something. The Silvia RM looks like a drift car, and the Civic Type R RM is just a track day car, I guess.

The 69 camaro is based on the penske trans am car.
Lexus isf is the car kaz raced in the nurburgring 24h in 2010(?).
The challenger is also based on a trans am car, I'm not sure of the team though.

The Challenger RM is most likely based on Sam Posey's Trans-Am Challenger he drove during the early 70s.
70%20dodge%20challenger%20transam.jpg

gtpanoz
The Challenger RM is most likely based on Sam Posey's Trans-Am Challenger he drove during the early 70s.

I was thinking that one but the hood is black and doesn't have the scoop.

I was thinking that one but the hood is black and doesn't have the scoop.

Correct on the scoop part but Polyphony must of done their verison with a more stock appearance and the stripe on the sides lead me to the car in the photo.

One thing interesting to note about certain RMs is that some of them have loads of decals and sponsors, while others have virtually none. And then there are the cars with the special paint jobs, like the Corvette and the Camaro '10 side stripes.

Very few race cars in GT5 are not based on real-life racers. For sure the Camaro and Challenger are based on the Penske- and AAR- team cars from the original Trans-Am series, you have all done a good job on the others. The Golf mk IV RM looks very like cars that ran in German and UK VW race series a few years back. Would like to know what car the Cappuccino RM is based on though.

Just now remembered another one:
The Camaro SS RM
5454227762_fa5e870693.jpg

Looks like the Grand-Am GS class Camaro
stevenson-motorsports.jpg

which is the best RM transformation? i only have the Corvette and it is fantastic in RM model.

Which Acura NSX do i need to get to convert it to a RM? and is it any good????

m_star01
which is the best RM transformation? i only have the Corvette and it is fantastic in RM model.

Which Acura NSX do i need to get to convert it to a RM? and is it any good????

The only premium ACURA NSX...

Back