What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,909 comments
This wasn't your average kung fu flick. It was basically one long training montage. A very different kind of martial arts movie but nonetheless a quite compelling watch.

The_36th_Chamber_of_Shaolin.jpg

I just started watching Disney's Descendents movies. My enjoyment of the first movie is tempered a bit by learning one of the stars, Cameron Boyce, (front and center in the poster) died in 2019 of complications from an epileptic siezure. He was only 20.
Disneys_Descendants.jpg

Last edited:
Watching Season 2 of Star Trek Prodigy, and so far I'm really enjoying this season. Not too bad for a show that's targeted for kids.

BB1p5n4m.img

Not a fan of splitting up the final season, but ah well. Time for lightly salted cashews, Thai green Fanta, and Cobra Kai, yo.

I'm watching Veronica Mars online. And then I"m going to watch Die Hard 2 before I go to sleep.

Last edited:
Hey, I saw several movie scenes from that movie, the Subway scene was really good and the restaurant scene where Madame used the Taxi to rescue her friends from the evil Spider-Man!
The character is too big be treated haphazardly. Had they introduced the character in a Tom Holland Spider-Man and/or any of the Miles Morales Spider-Verse movies and then her origin movie, it would have been more to set up stories afterwards. Especially the main villain.
I had the book with the Ezekiel character and that was exciting all the way through. Nothing like the character in the movie. Could have been just like that as an introduction of a new character for the movies.

Fixing to watch Ted 2, that teddy bear is famous in the U.S.

Some of the scenes were hilarious, that fight that him and John got into was pure epic. You will get a kick out of it!

Been binging New Girl. Did not expect to love it so much.

The 4 guys are hilarious as hell and the main casts have great chemistry. I though it was just only a cute type of show but it's actually funny. Also Prince loved the show so much he's a guest star in one of the episodes.

1723916939029.png

Steve Carell is a funny-ass guy. He cracked me up a lot on "The Office". I watched this movie at least 20 times.

66885b59-6d3f-4cc6-8202-e9a7712d9a5e

I didn't know her marriage to Eddie Fisher was that rough. I know he divorced Debbie Reynolds to marry Elizabeth. Fisher was good friends with Mike Todd who was married to Taylor but he died in a plane crash so she would talk to Fisher about Todd and that's how they became involved. But once Elizabeth and Richard Burton started seeing each other, Fisher became a terror to Elizabeth. On the recordings she says,

"Eddie at night time would sit up — and he had a gun. Every time I nearly nodded off he would stroke my arm and say: 'I'm not going to kill you, I wouldn't shoot you. You are much too pretty.' All night long," she confessed. "Eventually, I ran from the house — I was so scared."

When asked why she had been married so many times she joked, "I like being a bride", and this was recorded in 1964 so she had a few more marriages in her future. But later on she says that she just didn't like being alone. She didn't know how to do it. As a person that been alone for most of my life I almost feel the opposite, I wouldn't know how to live with another person.

Due to reasons, I binged Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 and 3.33 this evening and I have absolutely no idea what I've just watched. I'm not an anime guy generally but I watched the whole series about... My god, 20 years ago and had absolutely no idea what happened, I watched Death, Rebirth, End of Evangelion and maybe some other remakes or retellings or whatever and had absolutely no idea what happened, and now I've watched these three and am genuinely none the wiser. Shinji spent quite a lot of time in 3.33 as confused as me, though, so I guess I'm in good company.

I'll try to watch 3.0+1.0 tomorrow, hopefully it's 150+ minutes of Gendo explaining everything like I'm five.

I'm gonna watch scenes from Rush Hour 3 on Youtube. You know that movie with Jackie Chan and Chris Rock. It's a cool action-packed movie to watch for the family.

Last edited:
Just finished Evangelion 3.0+1.0. Wow. I have no idea what I just saw, how do you review a thing like that? I mean, I don't think I liked it, but I genuinely can't parse it so how would I know? I'd like to say I'll seek out some video essays or synopses to try to understand it but I get the feeling those would be as long and winding as the four films were and I just don't care that much despite having seen, I think, all of the Evangelion series/films there are...

I'm gonna watch some Spongebob episodes online from Season 13 and 14. Squidward needs to stop being so mean to him and Patrick. He needs more rest so he's not so cranky.

Back