What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,919 comments
I made it four minutes into The Union.

Which is five minutes longer than I should have lasted.
That's what she said.
When it copies the beginning of the first Mission: Impossible, seemingly scene for scene, I've already scene (ha!) that movie.

I recently watched the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (Amazon) and it felt like a knockoff of Inglorious Basterds (but without the cleverness and general craft of the latter).
Also, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire is not the sequel I wanted for this new era of ghostbusting, very poor effort in general IMO.

I recently watched the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (Amazon) and it felt like a knockoff of Inglorious Basterds (but without the cleverness and general craft of the latter).
Agreed.
Also, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire is not the sequel I wanted for this new era of ghostbusting, very poor effort in general IMO.
I didn't hate it, but it wasn't amazing.

I'd give both a rating of 6/10.

I saw a few movie clips of Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire on Fandango's Youtube channel. I'd have to say it had some of the best dramatic scenes ever. The music was chilling and creepy too which flavored the enhancement of the film. I'd love to see the Behind the Scenes clips of this and meet the cast and crew/producers who made this movie.

"Employee Of The Month"- 2006

That movie is hilarious as hell, you should watch it. I've watched it at least 100 times since 2007.

TB
I made it four minutes into The Union.

Which is five minutes longer than I should have lasted.
That's what she said.
When it copies the beginning of the first Mission: Impossible, seemingly scene for scene, I've already scene (ha!) that movie.
I watched the whole movie and my wife started about twenty minutes in. It got worse. Writers killed off a likeable character that didn't need to be killed, just when that character was making a couple funnies. Later, Halle Berry’s character even asked the killer why they killed that character!

I'm gonna buy "Birds of Prey" on DVD. I saw some of the scenes on Youtube and they were awesome, it is clear cutting action!

Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (Amazon) and it felt like a knockoff of Inglorious Basterds
I think that is already given by the name.

I rewatched Re:Creators (also Amazon), and this reminded me of how I never collected anime on DVD/BluRay, but having purchased the soundtracks ...
So then I thought why not start now? Well, propably because these "older" ones are just not available it seems.
Unfortunatly I dont understand Japanese, so at least do I need it dubbed (preferably English, German dubs can be wonky especially with the Japanese love for German words that can be ripped out of context sometimes).

I'm watching hilarious scenes from Grown-Ups 2 on Youtube. You should see the K-mart scenes, and some of the crazy stunts those guys did in the cast. Chris Rock is funny as hell.

Last edited:
On the Great Action TV channel in the UK, they are now showing Steve McQueen twice a day. You can't beat that!

August recap:

1725318165480.png

I'm a huge Marx Bros. fan and Duck Soup is one of their best. Hail Freedonia!!!!!
I'm not sure how many of their movies are on the 1,001 (now update to 1,245) list but after a quick scan, nothing jumps out at me.

My current stats:

1725319556431.png

TB
I'm not sure how many of their movies are on the 1,001 (now update to 1,245) list but after a quick scan, nothing jumps out at me.

My current stats:

View attachment 1386110
Five of their films were selected by the American Film Institute in the top 100 comedies of all time with two (Duck Soup and Night At The Opera) selected in the top 15.

To me "Night At The Opera", "Duck Soup", "The Cocoanuts", "Animal Crackers", "Monkey Business", "Horse Feathers", "A Day At The Races" are their best ones.

I'm a fan of Blade Runner, watched that movie at least 500 times in a 10 year period. I'm fixing to watch scenes from The Titanic.

Last edited:
I've just started watching "Homicide: Life on the street" again, it has been a while.
Last night I got to "3 men and Adena", one of the best episode of the whole series, which is amazing in its entirety.
Absolutely stunning work by all involved, director, actors, writers etc.

It can be watched without any context or knowledge of the series, all you need to know is that 2 homicide detectives have 12 hours to interview and elicit a confession from the suspect in the murder of 11 year old Adena.

The whole series is available for streaming on Peacock but I own the DVDs and they've changed the aspect ratio, the new wider format brings up a few issues, especially in this episode.
Here is the episode in its original format if anyone fancies it.

Last edited:
Sonic the Hedgehog- 2020 movie scenes from Fandango

The highway scene is intense and mind-blowing. So much action involved. Jim Carrey did a fantastic job playing Eggman.

Tonight I'm gonna watch Bruce Almighty. The one where Jim Carrey was the star. It's an awesome adventure movie about him complaining about his job as being a television reporter and he's not doing his job right, so he wishes to be God for a week, and he gets granted special powers. You should watch it.

Last edited:
What's the website called, IMTB.com? :D
Close. Letterboxd.
What movie did you watch today, Friday the 13th? ;)
I woke up at 2:00am and finished Collateral.
On August TB tracking list, I've watched Monkey Man, The Fall Guy and Abigail.
But not The Phantom Carriage from 1921? Disappointed. :lol:

- - - - -

After Collateral, I'm at 205/1,245 of the 1,001 movies (updated list puts it at 1,245) you must see before you die. I have a very long ways to go...

I'm fixing to watch scenes from "War of the Worlds". The one where Tom Cruise was the main star and he was protecting the globe from an alien invasion. Crazy stuff in that movie, so bad it'll scare you.

@TB I know I've watched it at least 100 times. Do a google search and type in, Tom Cruise: War Of The Worlds.
Don't need to search for it - I've seen it once. At best, he saves his kids, not the world.

And he runs a lot, but that's not anything different from any of this other movies.

The aliens just simply get sick and die. He has nothing to do with it.

Back