What are your personal plans regarding GT7?

What is your current course of action regarding your copy of GT7?

• Total voters
I'm still playing, and will for a long time probably.
Singleplayer is done, now focusing on Sport mode, which is still enjoyable even with the flaws.
And alongside Sport mode, new singleplayer content will come, most likely a revision of earnings or other ways to earn money (e.g. seasonals as GT5 and GT6 had), new tracks, cars etc.

None of the flaws I see with the game are things that would annoy me nearly enough to delete the game, and none of them are not fixable with a patch.

I liked the Cafe, love the new physics and have good competition in Sport mode. Everything I need.

Last edited:
probably gonna grind half a million a day out of spite and play sport mode the rest of the time, I’ve no doubt the game will continuously improve.
I’m less confident the economy will move away from MTX’s although they have a lot of wiggle room to improve the situation for all parties and still make a profit.

For all the faults of the game, I'm still enjoying it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very disappointed in many, many aspects of the game. But it doesn't stop me from enjoying the things that I like about it. I with I could buy more cars faster to try them all, but I just had to adjust. I'm not going to try to go for the really expensive legendaries. I made a rule that unless I really really want it, I'm not going after anything over 5 million right now. So I'm just gonna try to round out my garage of cheaper cars, try to get a decent collection of Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars and generally try to enjoy the cheaper things initially. You can still have fun with cars that aren't 18 mill. I bought a CTR3 yesterday and I'm having a great time driving it.

Owning GT7 is like being in a relationship with an Instagram model. It has no depth, you know it's only goal is to empty your wallet, but it looks great and when you take it for a spin, it feels amazing.
Man, dating has changed since my days (and I'm not even that old lol)

I have returned mine for a refund.
Currently play the far superior GT Sport’s offline content. Have many millions in the bank and having great fun with custom races that pay well.

I will buy GT7 again in future tho, I’m sure of it. They’ll redeem themselves.

As of today, using remote play to grind for credits "AFK" while I'm on PC doing other things or on the PS4 playing some games I'm yet to play.

I was too beat to race a Gr.3 worth a darn to complete the last Menu book championship. I thought about playing some Fallout 4 to keep me juiced until bedtime. Then I wandered back to the G29 and decided to play some more.

It has me, and I can't escape. :cool:

Gave up completely with it.. Paid for an enjoyable racing game! not a cash cow for PD 👎 Probably gonna list the PS5 on gumtree as it's just gathering dust now and there's always the PS4 to fall back on if anything close to a miracle does happen with GT7.. but yeah a lot of outlay for a massive disappointment 👎 to think I've been playing this franchise since last century :rolleyes:

Good to see some people can still find enjoyment with the game though 👍

Like most of you, I've been playing Turismo since the first one, always been a day one purchase. I used to live on the damned games, playing way past bed time for just one more lap. I'd put hundreds of hours into each release. I logged a decent amount of time into 5 and really surprised myself by played a lot of Prologue, pushing that wicked black carbon fibre GT40 and sweet Amuse Honda as hard as I possibly could. However, 6 and Sport just never held my attention. They're both still unfinished. The last time I played Sport was pre-pandemic. It's not really anything I can put my finger on. They look great. They drive great. Maybe they seem "thin" somehow, and I'm not talking about content. There doesn't seem to be the same amount of "heart" to them. I used to post on here regularly way back under a different name but eventually stopped checking in to what was going on in the world of GT. Maybe it's because the evil temptress known as online rally racing found me and offered more seat of the pants thrills. GT7 sounded like it was going to be a return to a more fleshed out Gran Turismo, so I bought it enthusiastically. I would of anyways. I'm gonna putter around with it and see what unfolds down the line. There's always the hope that one day I'll find myself screaming around the Seattle track again in a bright blue WRX, two wheels way above the curb, cutting the corners as close as I dare and catching sideways air over those railroad tracks. I used to live for that run. That's why I continue to buy these games.

I don't really need any extra space on my SSD so it's still there, but it's not being touched. Plus if they do finally put out a good update, I only need to wait for that to download, not the whole game.

Not playing it at the mo (haven't played it since before the 1.06 update), but plan on keeping it on the HDD for a while, while i work through the big backlog of other games i have (last Tomb Raider, Far Cry New Dawn, Hitman 2, Far Cry 6, Battlefield 1 campaign, Red Dead Redemption 2 etc etc).

Waiting for an update that fixes/improves some of the things i don't like about GT7, to get me back to it again. Given that a lot of the things i don't like about it are also commonly mentioned by others, there's a 50/50 chance these things will get fixed/improved.

So i haven't given up all hope yet, i'm just pushing it aside into the corner while i busy myself with other games this year.

There’s less incentive to actually, you know, “drive”, however the new tracks are worth exploring.
Also, new Scapes and camera functions.
I’ve saved a good many Replays along the Café road, so there’s bound to be some photos in there.
Many of the cars need to have their license plates removed/covered to tidy the cars up.
Some of the gift cars need to be recolored.
I can probably afford to buy 3 or 4 Used Cars, so I’ll check in there occasionally.

So there’s quite a bit to do. And for actual fun driving, I have my PSVR and GTS. (And Dirt Rally, though I‘m not mad on rally driving.)

I also heard a rumor that my PS4 supports non-driving games, too.

Learning to be patient is probably good for my soul, if I have such a thing.

I have bought a Playstation console for every generation because I wanted to play Gran Turismo (1 PSX, 1 PS2, 3 PS3s, 1 PS4 and 1 PS5). Also bought every Gran Turismo version that came out even the intermediate versions eg Prologues and Concepts.

Extremely disappointed with GT7 so I think I will stop here... Not buying any more Playstations and Gran Turismos. It's a good looking game but the wonky updates have killed the urge to continue. I might try my Digital Deluxe Edition every now and then but it's getting harder to do ...

Already have an Xbox Series X and I think it's time to update my pc graphics card...

Edit: might be time to change my username 😄

Last edited:
I have not shared the outrage of many posters. I like the game, think it could be better, but it's not a disaster imo.
I finished the menu in just over a week, the license tests gold last weekend and I have almost finished missions gold. Will continue with track challenges and will start with the GT4 sports race this weekend.
I think the in-game economics are too poor, but I can live with it. More contents needs to be added. But I am not going to work myself up into outrage over it.

I'm running Trial Mountain cup twice a day for the daily workout and $200k. So about 15 minutes and then it's on to Elden Ring. If they improve the economy and add more events then I'll play more and go for a few cars I want.

Back