What cars handled weirdly or "badly" before update 1.49?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 43 comments
Australia
Australia
New tire physics of 1.49 update improves overall tire realism. Would be interesting if those same cars are any more driveable now. With or without tuning. One of the cars from memory that handled astonishingly bad was an engine swapped one. Ill get the name later lol

Last edited:
La Ferrari has undrivable understeer at all speeds. This is fully customized on racing softs with stock aero. Absolute unpleasant nightmare to drive. Pretty much the same before/after update.

Lamborghini Veneno has almost undrivable understeer at low and medium speeds. This is fully customized on racing mediums. On abs default, even slight wheel turn under brakes will send it sideways out of control. It’s like it has no weight and almost floats under brakes, it’s a nightmare/so bad. The understeer was there before the update but not the braking problems.

One car I’ve noticed feels slightly better after the update is the Ferrari FXX-K. Drove good before, drives great now.

La Ferrari has undrivable understeer at all speeds. This is fully customized on racing softs with stock aero. Absolute unpleasant nightmare to drive. Pretty much the same before/after update.
Literally undrivable!

PS get better at tuning and/or driving, the car is fine.

This update is just highlighting those who don't know how to trail brake properly.

Literally undrivable!

PS get better at tuning and/or driving, the car is fine.

This update is just highlighting those who don't know how to trail brake properly.

Compared to the FXX-K and even the F8 the La Ferrari is a nightmare to drive. The former are pleasant to drive the latter is unpleasant to me personally, simple as that. I’m on DS5. I’ve tried your tune and priano’s and my own. They all feel awful. Not taking anything away from priano, he’s a great tuner that has made hundreds of great tunes. I’m not talking what the car looks like driving in a video, I’m talking about driving feel in game. You can’t show that nuance in a video. You come off super condescending and unlikable in almost every comment I see you make.

I was struggling with snap oversteer on the D-Type before the patch. It is standard suspensiom and some removable engine and gearbox mods to get it closer to the 700pp mark for La Sarthe. It was driveable with planning but as soon as I had to change my mind mid corner, or just lost concentration on entry and braked without the steering wheel straight, I'd get strong oversteer that two out of three times was beyond my skill level to control and I'd get a faceful of armco or tyrewall.

I'm going to give that car another go and see if it feels more benign now. I've only tried 1.49 with a controller and to me the cars just feel... stickier. More immediately responsive, better traction, less sensation of inertia and of weight moving around (which I believe is the opposite of what the patch intends).

Feedback on here is mostly positive so I will hold judgement until I've tried with the wheel, which being Logitech apparently has its own challenges now, but I had no problem with the physics prior to the patch. I liked the way I could sense the car's inertia and where the weight is, and adjust that balance. For me it's always been one thing PD do better than anyone else.

So last week I bought a C7 ZR1 because I had a Stage 5 weight reduction sitting around. I did the weight reduction, put the car on RMs, no other modifications and It was PERFECT! It was like I found a cheat code. Fast foward to yesterday and now it understeers a bit. I've never driven a gutted C7 ZR1 on a track before to know if "BrOkEn" or not. It very well could've been OP before the update. It feels like the rear ends aren't so quick to jump out as they used to.

Between "I am talking about how the car feels" and "this car is literally undriveable" is a gap big enough to park the US navy.
One of both ends is basically emotionally attached while the other is presented as a fact.
The understeer is so bad and it is so unpleasant to drive in my personal opinion it FEELS undriveable to ME on a DS5. Compared to pretty much all the other road going Ferrari’s, the la Ferrari feels like the odd one out. Sheesh.

So last week I bought a C7 ZR1 because I had a Stage 5 weight reduction sitting around. I did the weight reduction, put the car on RMs, no other modifications and It was PERFECT! It was like I found a cheat code. Fast foward to yesterday and now it understeers a bit. I've never driven a gutted C7 ZR1 on a track before to know if "BrOkEn" or not. It very well could've been OP before the update. It feels like the rear ends aren't so quick to jump out as they used to.
Some of my builds tend to understeer since the update, I dont know if its the new physics or trying to go quicker with the tyre physics. Im happy with the update except I have to go through my builds and tweek them due to inreased PP levels. Nothing a few hours tinkering wont help. 🫱

The VW VGT Gr3 feels massively improved now from my brief go's with it, can't test it more thoroughly at the moment since I need to keep focus with Suzuki in the manu race coming tomorrow. But it feels far better than the travesty it was pre-update

The inverse has happened with the McLaren VGT Gr1 - an old issue originally from GTsport has cropped back up in its sponge-y soft suspension combined with being greatly influenced by weight shifting causing it to spin out pretty suddenly at high speed.

Last edited:
The understeer is so bad and it is so unpleasant to drive in my personal opinion it FEELS undriveable to ME on a DS5. Compared to pretty much all the other road going Ferrari’s, the la Ferrari feels like the odd one out. Sheesh.

I have to say I don't know why this has turned into an argument, I thought it was pretty clear what you were saying first time round, and what one person can drive around might well be undriveable to another. Just ask Ricciardo and Norris about their McLarens, or Verstappen and any of his team mates since Ricciardo about their Red Bulls, or Verstappen about his own Red Bull in Hungary.

It's not the first time I've seen statements about strong understeer in La Ferrari. We're all different.

I used a DS4 controller in the video and it shows the car is fine to drive, far from "undrivable"

I have to say I don't know why this has turned into an argument, I thought it was pretty clear what you were saying first time round, and what one person can drive around might well be undriveable to another. Just ask Ricciardo and Norris about their McLarens, or Verstappen and any of his team mates since Ricciardo about their Red Bulls, or Verstappen about his own Red Bull in Hungary.

It's not the first time I've seen statements about strong understeer in La Ferrari. We're all different.
I think the problem is saying a car is "undriveable" puts blame on the car/game instead of the driver. I mean, I know we're all pretend racecar drivers and excuses are part of the game lol

I think the problem is saying a car is "undriveable" puts blame on the car/game instead of the driver. I mean, I know we're all pretend racecar drivers and excuses are part of the game lol
I do put the blame on the game for how the flagship La Ferrari handles. It’s the worst handling modern road MR Ferrari in the game to me. It feels terrible to drive for me. I have no problems with the Enzo, F430, 458, F8, FXX-K (technically not road legal but still). All of those are wonderful to drive and by comparison make the La Ferrari undriveable/completely unenjoyable FOR ME.

The only excuse I have is that it has abominable understeer which it does. Never said anything about being a race car driver. I’m an average controller user at best.

But have you driven a La Ferrari to know how its supposed to handle? Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it was right. Like I said with the ZR1, it could've been OP from the start and now its corrected. Im not going to pretend like I know what its supposed to do. The fact that its "flagship" doesn't really mean anything.

But have you driven a La Ferrari to know how its supposed to handle? Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it was right. Like I said with the ZR1, it could've been OP from the start and now its corrected. Im not going to pretend like I know what its supposed to do. The fact that its "flagship" doesn't really mean anything.
lol I thought it was pretty much a guarantee that the “flagship” ferrari would be a dream to drive, challenging maybe, but not nightmare understeer. All previous Ferrari “flagships” set a pretty good precedent of pleasurable driving in the game: 288 GTO/F40/F50/Enzo. Sure with the hybrid it’s got significantly more power than the Enzo but it also has a significantly more modern chassis and aerodynamics. If a La Ferrari has massive understeer in real life when pushed, I stand corrected. Although again if it does, this is a freaking video game, let us tune that understeer out a little or just make it not as bad in the first place.

I don’t mind a challenging car to drive but extreme understeer or extreme snap oversteer in my opinion is not fun/enjoyable at all.

Are you guys going to talk about what the thread is about or just bicker at each other?

I’m on a work trip so I haven’t had the chance to try the new physics yet but it’s interesting to read about what people have learned so far.

I get what you're saying, if the car has potential which one driver cannot unlock but another can, a difference in driver talents (not necessarily level of talent, but range of talent) will make a difference in how they perceive the car or how forgiving the driver is of it. The Stratos had huge potential and in the right hands was unbeatable. However, not many professional rally drivers could get the best out of a Stratos. Sandro Munari might call it the best handling car ever, most would call it difficult. Frankly, Sandro himself may call it that too.

Whether or not it can be tamed by some, a car that cannot be tamed by many can reasonably be labelled with difficult handling, expressed in whatever words or hyperbole the driver tends to use. That is a label, a characteristic, that should be applied to the car and not to the driver. Either way, I don't see it as blame, it's just what it is.

I've never driven an F40 but I've read an awful lot of road and track tests of the car, and they create an expectation on how the car handles. The F40 in game didn't meet my expectation. It had a less responsive front end and more traction than I expected. Meanwhile the 308 felt the other way around, which was closer to expectation because in period the handling was described as good but nervous, and the longer wheelbase Mondial often got described as more progressive. Personally I prefer cars with a bit of understeer, but not too much, to neutral. Not everyone prefers that balance but it is what works best with my senses - and requires the least adaptation from me in my driving.

If the driver is to blame for cars which have handling they don't like or struggle to get to grips with, then this whole thread is meaningless, because any post describing a car as ill handling can be dismissed as long as at least one player can post a video of themselves doing tidy laps in that car.

Sorry, long post 😆. We probably have different opinions and I'm cool with that.

Last edited:
The laferrari drives fine to me, have not driving it after 1,49 update through.
But it was a lot worse back in gt sport, was massivly improved in gt7 same goes for the aston Martin vulcan.

If a La Ferrari has massive understeer in real life when pushed, I stand corrected. Although again if it does, this is a freaking video game, let us tune that understeer out a little or just make it not as bad in the first place.
You used tunes that were made for the game pre 1.49 physics update and expected them to still work, I’ll be condescending then… you’re an idiot if you think they’d work then.

The video clearly shows a La Ferrari that isn’t understeering, I haven’t shared that tune yet but it’s proof you can tune that understeer out.

There’s plenty free information on how to tune that’s out on the internet and what’s been discussed in this forum but it appears you’re not smart enough to either a) find it and b) understand it to apply to the car.

Condescending enough?

The Genesis Berlinetta VGT actually stops now! And the crazy snap oversteer seems to be dialed back a little too. Tested completely stock on the default Sports Softs, ABS on Weak. Just nurse it gently through turns and brake accordingly, and you will be fine! I've gone from hating this car to actually enjoying it thanks to the physics update.
190f1cf078a63-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Between "I am talking about how the car feels" and "this car is literally undriveable" is a gap big enough to park the US navy.
I'm sorry but this is hilarious 😂

Anyways, I'm gonna try the LaFerrari when I get home.

Last edited:
You used tunes that were made for the game pre 1.49 physics update and expected them to still work, I’ll be condescending then… you’re an idiot if you think they’d work then.

The video clearly shows a La Ferrari that isn’t understeering, I haven’t shared that tune yet but it’s proof you can tune that understeer out.

There’s plenty free information on how to tune that’s out on the internet and what’s been discussed in this forum but it appears you’re not smart enough to either a) find it and b) understand it to apply to the car.

Condescending enough?
Lol you’re out of your mind over a minute feature in a game. First of all my first post was quickly comparing some trouble cars I had before and after the update, it wasn’t meant to be deep. Second, a bunch of my tunes still work fine after the update save for adjusting power and weight slightly to get to or just under the desired pp.

Full aero/widebody mostly got the understeer under control @800pp. Never had much of a problem with the full aero setup like you showed in your video. I mentioned I’m dealing with a stock aero setup. Put full aero on 80% of road cars in this game makes them heaps better to drive but on certain cars I prefer the stock look.

Stock aero/no widebody/stock wheels (my preferred aesthetic on this car)@799pp. This is the car I was speaking of. I’ve gotten it a little better but still not very pleasant to drive.

Last edited:
Lol you’re out of your mind over a minute feature in a game. First of all my first post was quickly comparing some trouble cars I had before and after the update, it wasn’t meant to be deep. Second, a bunch of my tunes still work fine after the update save for adjusting power and weight slightly to get to or just under the desired pp.

Full aero/widebody mostly got the understeer under control @800pp. Never had much of a problem with the full aero setup like you showed in your video. I mentioned I’m dealing with a stock aero setup. Put full aero on 80% of road cars in this game makes them heaps better to drive but on certain cars I prefer the stock look.

Stock aero/no widebody/stock wheels (my preferred aesthetic on this car)@799pp. This is the car I was speaking of. I’ve gotten it a little better but still not very pleasant to drive.

But it’s undrivable right?

But it’s undrivable right?
The one with stock aero is very unpleasant so for me personally I won’t drive it so for me personally it’s undrivable. Cars that have extreme understeer or snap oversteer, I do not drive, hence undrivable I get that it won’t be like that for everyone. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand. It’s my personal opinion. I never said everyone has to agree.

Lamborghini Veneno has almost undrivable understeer at low and medium speeds. This is fully customized on racing mediums. On abs default, even slight wheel turn under brakes will send it sideways out of control. It’s like it has no weight and almost floats under brakes, it’s a nightmare/so bad. The understeer was there before the update but not the braking problems.

One car I’ve noticed feels slightly better after the update is the Ferrari FXX-K. Drove good before, drives great now.
Veneno undrivable understeer? I used it for the Hypercar Parade at Interlagos, stock though. It drove like a dream. Like an AWD GT3. No issues whatsoever. Of course it understeers under power, you need to be accurate with the throttle, but no such thing as low speed understeer. Remove your clearly faulty tune and start from scratch. Stop relying on tunes that worked on older versions or tunes from someone else.

I was struggling with snap oversteer on the D-Type before the patch. It is standard suspensiom and some removable engine and gearbox mods to get it closer to the 700pp mark for La Sarthe. It was driveable with planning but as soon as I had to change my mind mid corner, or just lost concentration on entry and braked without the steering wheel straight, I'd get strong oversteer that two out of three times was beyond my skill level to control and I'd get a faceful of armco or tyrewall.

I'm going to give that car another go and see if it feels more benign now. I've only tried 1.49 with a controller and to me the cars just feel... stickier. More immediately responsive, better traction, less sensation of inertia and of weight moving around (which I believe is the opposite of what the patch intends).

Feedback on here is mostly positive so I will hold judgement until I've tried with the wheel, which being Logitech apparently has its own challenges now, but I had no problem with the physics prior to the patch. I liked the way I could sense the car's inertia and where the weight is, and adjust that balance. For me it's always been one thing PD do better than anyone else.

So, I have now tried the D-Type post patch, no changes needed because it was well below the PP limit for La Sarthe 700. It was much better behaved, very benign. It still had the same characteristic of moving the back end out under braking in some areas where some steering lock is applied but it has been reduced to a subtle twitch that requires no correction. It made for a pleasant ride to an easy win. I'm not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. When I read Mark Hales's account of driving Nick Mason's D-Type in the book Into The Red, he was having to deal with strong oversteer pretty much everywhere. Maybe the pre-1.49 D-Type was closer to that truth.

Anyway, I then did the supercar / hypercar race in the weekly challenge and decided to try another car that had oversteer that I couldn't keep on top of: The Italdesign VGT street version. I used to use this car to grind a Nurburgring race before I'd finished the menu books and unlocked the big money races. I couldn't drive it at 10 tenths because on the limit the tail always went first, and if it went more than a few degrees, it was uncatchable for me. It wasn't a problem for the race because the car was the fastest in my garage at the time and had performance to spare for an easy win. So I tried it now on 1.49 and, no, I still can't tame it.

So, I dunno. Most cars feel different post patch but it's not a consistent difference. And, because I'm still chasing some expensive Legends cars, nearly all my driving is still grinding. There's still well over 100 million credits worth of cars on my wishlist. Most my driving then is with my grinding hacks, and all of those needed changes to bring them back under the PP limit for their preferred event. This made it inconclusive how much of the changes were down to the new physics and how much were to the changes to hit the PP limit.

Veneno undrivable understeer? I used it for the Hypercar Parade at Interlagos, stock though. It drove like a dream. Like an AWD GT3. No issues whatsoever. Of course it understeers under power, you need to be accurate with the throttle, but no such thing as low speed understeer. Remove your clearly faulty tune and start from scratch. Stop relying on tunes that worked on older versions or tunes from someone else.
lol I said in my post my Veneno was fully customized on racing mediums. @800pp so a fair amount more power than stock. Your car is stock on sport tires. That sounds like two different cars not fit for the comparison you’re trying to make.

I also said “almost undrivable” so it still can put down alright times it’s just not that pleasant to drive on the edge at 800pp compared to other awd hyper cars. That was also an early look, only ran a few laps with it, nothing in-depth. Also I’ve relied on plenty of older tunes on other cars that still work fine, not all but a lot so…

Latest Posts

Back