What cars handled weirdly or "badly" before update 1.49?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 43 comments
I found the Cobra to be a bloody nightmare without aero (and you can't put a stupid wing on a Cobra, please...). Haven't yet tried it post update.

I found the Cobra to be a bloody nightmare without aero (and you can't put a stupid wing on a Cobra, please...). Haven't yet tried it post update.

I liked the Cobra pre update, but as a car to cruise in, not one to set lap times in. Gently poking the beast while enjoying one of the best VR cockpits.

I liked the Cobra pre update, but as a car to cruise in, not one to set lap times in. Gently poking the beast while enjoying one of the best VR cockpits.
I can dig that, all the convertibles are great in VR. I occasionally tried to use it in PP restricted lobbies and at race speed it was always a wild ride. I'll try it out again tonight!

I can dig that, all the convertibles are great in VR. I occasionally tried to use it in PP restricted lobbies and at race speed it was always a wild ride. I'll try it out again tonight!

I took it out in standard form at Grand Valley in Time Attack mode. Or the free drive mode, whatever it's called. Stopped on the bridge, watched the surf, watched and listened to some bird of prey (I suppose probably an eagle) circling up above. Drove around slowly, admiring the curves of the bonnet and the sunlight gleaming of the painted metal dash top. Found a wide place near some cones and did some donuts while peering over my shoulder over the boot of the car and watching the smoke.

Gently let it slide out on a couple of corners and found it would hold an angle for quite some time with very little provocation.

I loved the car for that but it also left me in no doubt that if I tried to go quickly it was all going to fall to pieces.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it post patch. I haven't tried it on 1.49 yet.

Last edited:
La Ferrari has undrivable understeer at all speeds. This is fully customized on racing softs with stock aero. Absolute unpleasant nightmare to drive. Pretty much the same before/after update.

Lamborghini Veneno has almost undrivable understeer at low and medium speeds. This is fully customized on racing mediums. On abs default, even slight wheel turn under brakes will send it sideways out of control. It’s like it has no weight and almost floats under brakes, it’s a nightmare/so bad. The understeer was there before the update but not the braking problems.

One car I’ve noticed feels slightly better after the update is the Ferrari FXX-K. Drove good before, drives great now.
When you say fully customised, do you mean you added all the power upgrades? Because no ****, merely chucking loads of power into a car without tuning it correctly will make it drive like crap, especially with stock aero.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like the breaking areas are shortened as the tires loose grip under hard breaking a lot easier.

I know Im in a minority here, but drifting street cars has become a little more challenging. It seems like having your set up correct is PARAMOUNT. Too much camber up front? Thanos snap! The diff isn’t right? Snapback..snapback. The race cars handle around the same however.

I mentioned in another thread the narrow 190 E has a characteristic to stutter/shutter on loaded corners. The stock racing suspension has a 60F/80R ride height. That wasn’t a problem. The problem I found to be the front toe out and wide width & wide offset on 18” wheels. When I set front toe to zero, the problem went away.
Now, the problem exists even with stock suspension. With the racing suspension I tried raising the front to 80 matching the rear and selected wheel width to Standard. Problem still exists.

Watched the AI in my races and they’re finding it hard to control the rear. This is the only car of my tuned cars having this problem.

If got the Evo IV, E30, MA70 Supra, EG narrow and widebody on 18” wide/wide), E36 all have wheels under the fenders with no problems steering through loaded corners. I set aggressive touring car negative camber at -5. Shouldn’t be happening in the 190 E.

I don’t know if PD are still working with KW suspensions or Tein or Bilstein, but they should be getting correct data from these sources.

I mentioned in another thread the narrow 190 E has a characteristic to stutter/shutter on loaded corners. The stock racing suspension has a 60F/80R ride height. That wasn’t a problem. The problem I found to be the front toe out and wide width & wide offset on 18” wheels. When I set front toe to zero, the problem went away.
Now, the problem exists even with stock suspension. With the racing suspension I tried raising the front to 80 matching the rear and selected wheel width to Standard. Problem still exists.

Watched the AI in my races and they’re finding it hard to control the rear. This is the only car of my tuned cars having this problem.

If got the Evo IV, E30, MA70 Supra, EG narrow and widebody on 18” wide/wide), E36 all have wheels under the fenders with no problems steering through loaded corners. I set aggressive touring car negative camber at -5. Shouldn’t be happening in the 190 E.

I don’t know if PD are still working with KW suspensions or Tein or Bilstein, but they should be getting correct data from these sources.
If it were a real car how would you diagnose that problem? Does it feel like it's hitting bump stops? Like the tires are rubbing the fenders? Is the damper tuning bad and the dampers are collapsing or something?

When you say fully customised, do you mean you added all the power upgrades? Because no ****, merely chucking loads of power into a car without tuning it correctly will make it drive like crap, especially with stock aero.
Lol. “Chucking loads of power without tuning it will make it drive like crap” No, really? The car stock has 949HP. Mine has 1071HP. There’s not many power upgrades to add. Anyway, When a car has that much power stock, you would figure a little upgrade of just over 100HP, the car would be able to handle. Mind you when I added that power I added the supporting parts, better brakes, suspension, and tires. And yes I think I have a solid tune for it.

“Especially with stock aero” The stock aero on this car is very impressive on paper compared to a lot of other road cars in this game. The car produces 250 front and 400 rear downforce stock. That’s not far off what the FXX K produces and better than other cars from the same category like the Huayra, 918, and Veneno.

The car isn’t hard to control per se, i just find at 800pp (stock aero, stock wheels, no wide body) it understeers badly. It could be joyful to drive completely stock, I haven’t tried that in a while. And It’s fine with full aero/wide body.

If it were a real car how would you diagnose that problem? Does it feel like it's hitting bump stops? Like the tires are rubbing the fenders? Is the damper tuning bad and the dampers are collapsing or something?
It not a characteristic like a normal car. Someone posted the Lamborghini cockpit steering problem. It’s similar. I’ll post a video later.

Back