What did you do in ACC today?

I did another race tonight at Misano, but something weird happened with my set-up/car.

I was doing just fine, but then I messed up one corner and then the whole set-up of the car was all wrong. I thought I might have done something to affect the handling, but now I think that it was the other way around - that the set-up somehow changed and made me mess up the corner.

What was odd, though, was that the new 'settings' persisted and I couldn't get rid of the effect... I did FP and Q1 no problem, and if anything the wheel felt a bit light and understeery - but then it suddenly went to strong Force Feedback and massive oversteer during Q2, which then lasted for both races. It ended up being so bad, that I had to restart the entire race weekend to get rid of the problem.

Any ideas what happened??

So I have a question for you multi-platform players. I have been thinking about buying a gaming computer to play ACC. When I start up ACC on the PC am I going to have to start over from the beginning or is the a way to transfer my PS5 game data over?

I know when I moved from playing World of Tanks on PS5 to Xbox I had to start over. Apparently the user data was not stored in the Wargaming servers.

Curious if I can expect the same.

kjb
I think if you switch PS5 you would more likely have to start over
Yep that is what everyone said. When I moved from PS4 Pro to PS5 my account was on the Sony Game network so everything moved over. But moving to PC means your account is now on the Steam (?) network (or some where else - not really sure), the account won't transfer. Ok with me, just means more racing time for me.

Last edited:
Today was interesting. On my NA account I was trying to complete my first career mode season. It started with a testing session at Spa, then continuing with a Spa weekend highlighted by the "24 Hours of Spa". Two practice sessions followed by three qualification sessions. Everything good good considering the Porsche at Spa is a weak combination for me. So about to start the race, sitting there lined up ready to go, casually glanced to see how long the race is and BAM . . . this stupid race is six hours long. My arse cannot handle 6 hours in the fighting chair. I barely survived the 2 hour stint at Circuit Paul Richard.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen? I know I can pause it every hour but that seems ridiculous to me. I am thinking of resetting but without completing this race it will be impossible to eventually getting the platinum trophy.

Why would they put this long race in the game?

I think I did career mode a couple of times but after I realized I can do a custom championship I left the career mode alone. I am not sure if you can tweak the career mode races like you can in the custom championship though. I finished the 1st race in my custom championship. Took 29th place 🤣 on the bright side I was able to successfully do a pit stop and I didn't finish in 30th place. Zolder was difficult for me just in terms of me not knowing the track. I also haven't played ACC enough to be better than I am now.

I made a stupid mistake at the weekend - I finished a race weekend at Misano and won both races. I then watched a bit of the replay but was trying to figure out how to switch back to using the controller (instead of the buttons on the wheel) without turning off the game, but it was eluding me - so I switched off the game and went back in using the controller, only to realise that because of the replay, I hadn't hit 'Continue' on my season progress, and the whole race weekend progress was lost :( This was after having to restart the event when the controls went funny (see above) and made the car almost undrivable. So now I will have to do FP, Q1, Q2 and both races for a 3rd time :ouch:

That said, it has shown me that 'Easy' is too easy for me, so I'm quite happy about that, and will switch to whatever is above Easy for the next attempt.

kjb
I think I did career mode a couple of times but after I realized I can do a custom championship I left the career mode alone. I am not sure if you can tweak the career mode races like you can in the custom championship though. I finished the 1st race in my custom championship. Took 29th place 🤣 on the bright side I was able to successfully do a pit stop and I didn't finish in 30th place. Zolder was difficult for me just in terms of me not knowing the track. I also haven't played ACC enough to be better than I am now.
I was also unfamiliar with Zolder when I first tried it a few weeks ago. I was initially a bit skeptical about it, it seems like whoever designed it looooooves a chicane... but it didn't take long for it to click, and I ended up enjoying the track.

The 1st couple of times I was racing on the track I didn't like it but now even if I don't know it like I need to I do enjoy the track. It has a good flow to it. As I get more time there I will get better at this track. The next track is Monza and outside of T1 I should be good 🤣.

Yesterday I ran a few laps around Imola & Laguna Seca to get some stars. Ran a pair of 15 minute races around Laguna Seca and learned an important fact. . . AI driven AMG Mercedes failed to execute the corkscrew 14 of 16 laps. Everyone that failed took the corner too sharp - hammered the sausage and eventually spun their car around. One one of the early laps one cost me some safety when I t-boned it as it spun in front of me. Try it out and let me know if you see the same thing.

Today was interesting. On my NA account I was trying to complete my first career mode season. It started with a testing session at Spa, then continuing with a Spa weekend highlighted by the "24 Hours of Spa". Two practice sessions followed by three qualification sessions. Everything good good considering the Porsche at Spa is a weak combination for me. So about to start the race, sitting there lined up ready to go, casually glanced to see how long the race is and BAM . . . this stupid race is six hours long. My arse cannot handle 6 hours in the fighting chair. I barely survived the 2 hour stint at Circuit Paul Richard.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen? I know I can pause it every hour but that seems ridiculous to me. I am thinking of resetting but without completing this race it will be impossible to eventually getting the platinum trophy.

Why would they put this long race in the game?
I haven't tried it myself but about to start the same Spa race tomorrow and use the "save" function. I read elsewhere you can save mid race and come back to it and that is how to do these long enduros. Just be smart about when you hit save. As in do it after crossing start finish and on a straight. Some users said they hit save entering the pits and when they resumed they ended up speeding in the pits and got a penalty. Other users reported issues hitting save while in your pitbox. There seem to possibly be some glitches out there. My plan is to hit save the lap after I make a pit stop while crossing start finish. I am planning to break the spa race down into 4 days.

Today I completed my TR on COTA and Suzuka and this put me up to 98. I ran 3 separate 10 lap practice sessions around Misano to get my 3rd star and I cannot figure out what is going on. 30 successful laps recorded on the circuit page but yet no 3rd star. I found out (because I was paying attention) and found out the Competition Server is unlocked if I get to 99 TR.

I haven't tried it myself but about to start the same Spa race tomorrow and use the "save" function. I read elsewhere you can save mid race and come back to it and that is how to do these long enduros. Just be smart about when you hit save. As in do it after crossing start finish and on a straight. Some users said they hit save entering the pits and when they resumed they ended up speeding in the pits and got a penalty. Other users reported issues hitting save while in your pitbox. There seem to possibly be some glitches out there. My plan is to hit save the lap after I make a pit stop while crossing start finish. I am planning to break the spa race down into 4 days.
Thanks for the advise, I think I am going to try this. My last race in the championship series is a 6 hour race at SPA and this is an awesome option if I can get it to work.

Setup update: My Thrustmaster TH8A shifter came in today and I already have it mounted. The ASUS gaming computer arrives on Wednesday. I am trying to build my ACC console ratings up as high as possible before moving to the PC version (where I have to start all over).

I can confirm that I was able to save and resume the Spa 24hr race and I have done so twice now. I am just coming up on half distance now and looking forward to the sunrise stint.

I did complete a pitstop and then on the next lap I saved the session just as I crossed start finish. When I came back and resumed this was a good point to resume as I still had the majority of the front straight to get situated and my tires were warm.

In between sessions, my PS5 was in its sleep setting.

I can confirm that I was able to save and resume the Spa 24hr race and I have done so twice now. I am just coming up on half distance now and looking forward to the sunrise stint.

I did complete a pitstop and then on the next lap I saved the session just as I crossed start finish. When I came back and resumed this was a good point to resume as I still had the majority of the front straight to get situated and my tires were warm.

In between sessions, my PS5 was in its sleep setting.
Thanks for the "research" (or being the test subject) on this. I am going to give it a shot today to complete my long race.

You're welcome! I finished my enduro early this morning. So nice to be able to save at any time and comeback. It took me 5 separate sessions to complete.
Started mine tonight, 4 instead of 6 hour race (my bad eyes can't tell 4 and 6 apart apparently), ran the 1st hour and saved it after a pitstop + 1 lap on the front straight. Looking to complete another hour or two tomorrow.

My sound glitch came back at lap 21, it started to cut out but luckily I saved and closed out before it disappeared completely this time.

Any ACC PC racers here? Should I buy ACC off of Steam or is there some where else to get it?

Last edited:
Half way through today and I ran race #194 (P11) & #198 (P8) with less than stellar results BUT it was fun racing against real people. Looking to run a few more later on tonight.

Attempted to complete my 4 hour Career race at Spa . . . attempted. Everything started up good and completed another 20 laps but slight wobble on the last high speed turn into the last chicane caused me to lose it. A few spins but recovered prior to tapping the wall. "Slight damage to the front end" is what I heard from my spotter BUT I couldn't get the car restarted. Towed back to the pits, 2.5 minutes of repairs and the stupid car still wouldn't stay started once I put it into gear (started in neutral OK). 1st close out and restarted from the same point (1 hour into the race) and another 23 laps later I slightly tapped another Porsche in the rear end, wobbled off into the barrier and another "will not start" loop. Towed back to the pits, 2 minutes of repairs and again it would not stay started when placed in 1st gear. At this point I said enough-is-enough - RESTART (actually I have given up on this career crap until a time I feel it is worth the aggravation).

I am enjoying the SIMGRID races so I am back off to do another (to make 3) so I can enter the Proving Ground's races.

Today is another awesome day!

ACC is now loaded on my PC, Thrustmaster is setup (basic functions only), and I have achieved my 3 star rating on Nurburgring GP circuit. Time to start the grind up the ladder again. At least I can fall back on the PS5 to run the online races until I get the PC rating up.

I signed up for the Pan-Am GT4 Ginetta Series so I have been practicing a lot for Round 1 at Oulton Park.

Last edited:
Back