What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 636 comments
I did the last open class series with the one car throughout - a 1992 Ford Falcon GT, in the most lurid black and fluro green "Cenovis Vitamins" livery. By the end it sounded like a full-fledged V8 Supercar, and handled brilliantly for a 1990's sedan. Might see how far I can push the mighty Falcon into this series.

Livery based on this 1993 Supercar:

View attachment 1365974
I've never seen this car before.

I've never seen this car before.
It's not exactly the same styling-wise as the car in game. Imagine this but with a front splitter, race wing and that lurid livery.

1719380209591.jpeg

Nice choice with the Falcon! Those things are beasts.
I'm actually surprised just how well it can be made to handle and brake. For the B Class open series I've got max weight reduction, and all the suspension and brake upgrades, with just a bit more power than stock (exhaust and air filter from memory), and it's just such an easy car to drive for consistent laptimes. Plus, overtaking Vipers, Porsches and the odd 355 in a tarted-up taxi is just funny.

I am wondering how far I can push the ol' Windsor engine though - I've got a feeling a swap might be required once I get to S-Class.

Another week, another completion. FInally got a Honda to Level 50 during the first race. I don’t know what happened at Kyalami I had a 1:39.4 (ish) lap and went round the last corner nearly 1.3 seconds faster. My lap time was just over 1:39.1. Strange, though I think it has happened before.

Started out running the 2018 BMW around the Sebring endurance race. What an awesome race!! Started 24th (as usual), by lap 6 I was in 1st, 2 laps later in 24th limping around half a lap with severe damage (the wall and my BMW had a disagreement). Out of the pits at the start of lap 9 forty five seconds behind the pack. By lap 18 I was back in 2nd. Finished 7th due to my driving getting squirrelly (I think the phenomena is known as "I see victory on the other side of that car in front now it is time to do something stupid").

I then ran the Porsche LMP (919?) in the 2nd endurance race at Silverstone. Spun a lot of tires, ran wide, and had a hard time keeping the beast under control. I ran 12th the entire race, couldn't keep the rest of the LMPs in my sight. I did lap the GT field completely (the only thing I took away good from the race).

Back