What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,937 comments
On the Plus account, I coasted around a Sarthe that was practically underwater in a Renault Megane Trophy. The 4th 3-star Wheel of Despair of 13 (and pending the GTP run, 8th of 25) puked out the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I used the Red Bull Junior to cruise a damp Sarthe. The 4-star Wheel of Despair popped out the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., which was enough to get the Daihatsu Copen VGT.

Just started playing GT7 about a week ago (late to the party) I know. Been griding through the early part of the game. Really having fun with the Civic type R 98. Super fun to drive. Been trying to find some tunes but no luck yet. Anyone have any advice? Especially for the Tokyo Expressway Central Clockwise track? Any help would be really appreciated.

Just started playing GT7 about a week ago (late to the party) I know. Been griding through the early part of the game. Really having fun with the Civic type R 98. Super fun to drive. Been trying to find some tunes but no luck yet. Anyone have any advice? Especially for the Tokyo Expressway Central Clockwise track? Any help would be really appreciated.
It's never too late, welcome to the " party " .
My advices for a new player are these.

Save your credits as much as you can, the game provides you cars for next menu and except few cases you don't have to buy cars to proceed.

Make the minimum upgrades that you feel comfortable to win .

Choose " easy " level in order to go forward as soon as time allows you .
I did the same and unlock menu 39 in 19 hours of play and i don't feel shame for it since i got gt7 a year after his appearance due to ps5 availability.

After menu 39 the world of griding will open with the well known 3 ( mostly) races and its your choice what to follow.

Don't spend time to gold licences if are difficult for you , you can do it whenever you want.

They are some small races that worth to grid in early stages and i think one of them is the Daytona with the pickup trucks.

Tunning section will provide all the information you need with @praiano63 providing huge content.

And for last , don't miss Nissan R92 CP and Mazda 787 when they are available at LCD .
When you " need " them , you won't have them and you will find later why.

Have a good " travel " new mate .

Last edited:
Today's 6am run was productive.

After getting rammed twice by the stupid AI and almost ragequitting as a result, I decided to give the damn Willow Springs race a last chance and won it, hell, I even got a bonus clean race (!). Then proceeded to won Blue Moon after a couple of TT laps to learn the track, this one felt much easier. That cleared the Camaro menu and made the next batch of missions available. Then I cleared the scapes menu which made the Trial Mountain track and its championship available too.

Got two ⭐⭐ tickets and an invitation to buy a 3 million Lambo (lol).

I've been playing for 2/3 months. I also used the Civic to win that race. Tunning at this point is fairly easy: sport soft tyres, weight reduction, ecu... Then maybe suspension and brakes. Don't overdo it. You can do it one at a time and experience how the car changes. It is noticiable, believe me. Use the time trial option to learn the track, where to brake, where to push. And see how your times improve (by both learning the track and tunning the car).

Of course if you are in a rush you might do as @smoothbore12 says. I'm playing in hard mode and trying to gold everything knowing it will take me more time but that's just me.

I golded the Goodwood TT with less than 24h to spare before the deadline.

I then re-visited the Goodwood CE which I had abandoned a while back, and golded that too.

I got a 4* ticket for the Daily Marathon and got the Suzuki VGT engine, which is a step up from yesterday's 6* ticket (a Bore Up worth 33,000 Cr. :rolleyes:) and the 4* ticket from the day before (an invite to buy a Citreon that I already have :( )

It's never too late, welcome to the " party " .
My advices for a new player are these.

Save your credits as much as you can, the game provides you cars for next menu and except few cases you don't have to buy cars to proceed.

Make the minimum upgrades that you feel comfortable to win .

Choose " easy " level in order to go forward as soon as time allows you .
I did the same and unlock menu 39 in 19 hours of play and i don't feel shame for it since i got gt7 a year after his appearance due to ps5 availability.

After menu 39 the world of griding will open with the well known 3 ( mostly) races and its your choice what to follow.

Don't spend time to gold licences if are difficult for you , you can do it whenever you want.

They are some small races that worth to grid in early stages and i think one of them is the Daytona with the pickup trucks.

Tunning section will provide all the information you need with @praiano63 providing huge content.

And for last , don't miss Nissan R92 CP and Mazda 787 when they are available at LCD .
When you " need " them , you won't have them and you will find later why.

Have a good " travel " new mate .
Thanks for the warm welcome and early tips!

Thanks for the warm welcome and early tips!
Cost nothing mate , i really like to " help " especially the new players.
I know how it feels to be " lost " ( kind of ) and want help.
Also it's a bit difficult to put your feet in another man shoes, its always who's asking and what for .
Enjoy your play and don't hesitate to ask , they are many people here that are willing to help .

Anyone have any advice? Especially for the Tokyo Expressway Central Clockwise track?
My advice: avoid. Avoid like the plague.

My more helpful advice: focus on tracks you like first, and use 'Circuit Experience' (for each circuit) to help you learn each sector of each track.

I've been playing GT since 1997 and GT7 since Day 1, and I still find the Tokyo Expressway circuits difficult, and the 'Circuit Experiences' of these are among the hardest for me; they are much harder than some other circuits... tonight is a good example: coincidentally, I tried Tokyo Central Clockwise CE tonight before I even saw your post and I struggled to get a Bronze on the first sector; this was after having golded Interlagos (all sectors plus the full lap time trial) in 20 minutes... I've also just golded all of Monza in about 25 mins, and yet I feel like Tokyo will take me many hours to learn.

Good luck, and welcome to GTP! :gtpflag:

My advice: avoid. Avoid like the plague.

My more helpful advice: focus on tracks you like first, and use 'Circuit Experience' (for each circuit) to help you learn each sector of each track.

I've been playing GT since 1997 and GT7 since Day 1, and I still find the Tokyo Expressway circuits difficult, and the 'Circuit Experiences' of these are among the hardest for me; they are much harder than some other circuits... tonight is a good example: coincidentally, I tried Tokyo Central Clockwise CE tonight before I even saw your post and I struggled to get a Bronze on the first sector; this was after having golded Interlagos (all sectors plus the full lap time trial) in 20 minutes... I've also just golded all of Monza in about 25 mins, and yet I feel like Tokyo will take me many hours to learn.

Good luck, and welcome to GTP! :gtpflag:

I'm pretty sure he means the mandatory race to advance in the early menus? (He says only one week into the game). Please @bitter_buddah correct me if I'm wrong.

Today's 6am run > was short because my daughter woke up before 7 😅

@Single player mode: I tried a couple of missions and the Trial Mountain track.

@Sport mode: Did 3 laps to Dragon Trail TT and I'm still far (like really far) from bronze. I got 9% in both RedBull Ring and Catalunya so I guess I can bronze this one too? I'll keep trying.

Then I proceeded to open my 3 2-star tickets and drumroll I got the lowest possible in all 3 (5k each). Why we don't we just get the prize and skip the roulette? It's torture.

Last edited:
Why we don't we just get the prize and skip the roulette?
This question remains unanswered since for how long the game has been released, unfortunatly.
As the reward is fixed and the animation is nothing but a waste of time (or a developers idea of building up tension ...) I dont think there is any player happy with it.
And as the extra parts are now all available from the tuner, there is basically no big reason to even open tickets anymore.
Like it is already worth more credits to start the next grind-run instead of clicking through a few tickets in the hopes of seeing that 500k credits flash up (likely, taking the chance is still worth more per time invested, but it is so annyoing to watch instead of do).

I bought Chapparal 2J!!!
It is a very nice car!!!
PD must add McLaren Lola and Porsche CAN AM cars!!!!
I got a silver in TT at Dragon's Trail
Weekend will be interesting!! (Kaz's tweet and some grinding)

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I took my 250,000 Cr. for bronzing the DB5 time trial. After seeing my Catalunya time slipped to bronze, I rented a Porsche 911 RSR and bettered my time by 0.6 seconds to get it back into silver. I kept the rental at Dragon Tail, setting a marginal silver time of just under 1:40.9.

Before grinding Sardegna with the Lexus SC430 GT500, I took my 5th 3-star Wheel of Despair of 14 (and pending the Plus run, 9th of 27) of the month for the low-showing 10,000 Cr. With mostly the race winnings, I bought the VW Roadster VGT, grabbing rain tires right away for Sarthe tomorrow.

On the Plus account, I sent the 2008 Honda NSX GT500 out for a 2-stop run at Sardegna. The 5-star Wheel of Despair puked out a Nissan GT-R Gr.4, which I hung onto for tuning purposes.

In the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Cop, are the rewards different depending on what DR rating you sign up with?

In other words, does joining the series with a DR of B give you different rewards than if you enter with a DR of C?

Practiced for Nations and settled on the Ford GT, it's the boring choice but the only one that feels like it's really attached to the road. The other "fast" cars remind me of F-Zero 99... Fun game, by the way. When are we getting 99-player races?
Practiced for Manufacturers too, and was reminded of what an awful layout Seaside Reverse is. Completely ruins the flow of the forward layout and just about every corner feels miserable to drive.

After not playing for a week because I'm obsessed with Armored Core 6, I was looking forward to playing GT7. I bought another Huarya and a Roadster. I did the swap for Roadster, maxed out and painted it yellow with orange flames. Then I took it to LeMans. Got 4 laps with very light rain. I got bored during the race and almost fell asleep. Once it was done I did some hot lapping with the Roadster & the DeLorean at LeMans. I enjoyed that more the grind race. I got 10k from a ⭐⭐⭐⭐🎟️

Today I did my 420 km/h club oval custom racing and I finally managed to flip a car in Gran Turismo 7. All it takes is hitting a stationary car with 430 km/h / 267 mph.- :scared:

20970882111770478.jpg

20970481954184661.jpg

Last edited:
There wasn't a lot of cleanliness in my 11 am CDT Nations Cup race. I was one of 2 Corvettes, with an oddball Porsche and Mazda mixed in with the OP Fords and AMGs. I tried to sandbag the qualifying as I usually do, qualifying 13th. I dropped back to last, planning on picking off the carnage. There was carnage as people used the walls and other off-track area, and sometimes each other to slow down for the turns. I finished a disappointing, and not-quite-clean, 10th.

Unlike the other events, I decided to do another go in the noon slot after taking my 4-star Wheel of Despair, worth the Mazda Roadster NR-A, which I kept for tuning purposes. The sandbagging worked better - I qualified 15th (I figure I would have had a top-5) in a field of 2 Corvettes, 2 Porsches, 2 Supras and the rest Fords and AMGs. It was ugly, with a bit of an off, but I managed 8th and had the fastest lap on lap 14.

For some actual credits, I took the VW Roadster VGT to Sarthe for a wet 6-lap laugher. I picked up the VW Supersport VGT, but didn't have enough for a full set of rain tires.

On the Plus account, I dusted off the Ford Focus rally car for what, if the stewards wouldn't favor the AI pitting at the end of the race, would have been a 6-lap soaker. Instead, I saw the cheat coming and triggered the 7th lap before time expired as Solis hit pit lane. The cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair puked out a Lamborghini invite (the 4th one this month, extending an almost-expired one from Lamborghini from the end of last month), when I need a Bugatti one to get a 3rd Veyron for tuning.

For the first time I reached the free credits limit:
View attachment 1289676

Felt like a rich man for a minute then get the 20mil Alfa & McLaren (with Merc on the way).

And back to work...

Exact the same here , bought the McLaren and waiting for the Merc on the way .
Alfa was bought in her appearance few days ago.

24 cars to go , one of 20 millions, 3 with 10,5 millions and the rest are vgt's of one up to two millions 🥴

Today, I did the WTC 800 race at High Speed Ring using the RCZ Gr.3, and both won and got the CRB, so now I'm contemplating the idea of buying the Ferrari 330 P4 in the LCD since I otherwise don't have it yet. But on the other hand, I wouldn't have many credits remaining if I bought it, and I do want to have credits set aside for any neat cars that appear in the UCD/LCD in colors that I'd prefer to have. That said, I think that between the movie tie-in online time trial and the Gr.3 one at Catalunya, I could very well be set to get 3m credits this Thursday alone, so I might be able to replenish my credits sooner than later.

For what it's worth, I refuse to grind events, as I'd much prefer to acquire credits through Sport Mode events, like online time trials, or the new credit rewards for your standings in a championship. However, I do still have some World Circuits events that I haven't done yet, as well.

Last edited:
Today I have a short story. Yesterday I was at 46M credits and taking my time grinding but then the F1 appears to my surprise and caught me off guard.

Really wanna buy 5 more F1s so...

A day later..:sly::embarrassed:
Gran Turismo® 7_20230924165540.jpg
:lol: My goal of 7 F1s this time around is still alive.

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I noticed that garage copies of the standard X2019 are eligible for the next round of the Nations Cup, so I designed a quick and simple livery for it. To start getting the cash for getting another copy, I sent the Citroen GT Gr.3 to Sardegna, where I forgot that, at full-tilt, it can't do 5 laps. Fortunately, Fraga also did a 4-lap stint to start, so my 26:58 was good for an easy win instead of a boneheaded 2nd. The 4-star Wheel of Despair didn't contribute much, giving the lowest-possible/low-showing 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I blitzed Sardegna with the 1995 McLaren. The cashless 4-star ticket punched out a Z4 engine.

Back