What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,949 comments
I lamented the update, just like yesterday. I think it has finally killed Gran Turismo for me.
Can't say I'm a fan of the latest update(s) either, and I'm less happy with the single player gameplay now, and I wasn't exactly cockahoop with it before.

That said, I still love the diversity of features that GT7 provides, esp. photomode and other 'creative' elements of the game like livery creation and sharing etc., and there's a lot to get into besides the standard gameplay. However, I personally think that GT is going too far down the eSports route and pandering to elite players than fixing some of the many and glaring flaws of a potentially amazing single player game, even when those fixes seem massively easier than the stuff they actually 'fix' with their incessant updates.

Last edited:
Well today was interesting only beacuse of the mixed results I got in Daily Race C. Wow what a tricky race to say the least.

Best one I got was 6th place and with the Supra mk4 gr.3 race car.
Tried to get better times at Laguna Seca and could not quite get the AMG to swing round nicely.
Did sum livery mods on my race cars.
Use the Viper (tuned) in the Daily Race A and almost crashed into the banked curve, and came in 12th but fun nontheless.

Looking forward to Honda at Eiger this Saturday for the GTWS round 2 race, oh wait no im not, lol!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240821195849.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821203951.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821213148.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821220154.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821222327.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821222316.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821223100.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821223515.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821223758.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240821203841.jpg

Last edited:
Had a brilliant yet slightly disappointing race in Le Mans with the DTM Alfa 155, a race car which I’ve seen the wheels been driven off IRL a couple of decades ago.

Did 3 laps on FM4 and pitted for IMs and fuel and went out on FM6 for a one stop race, but despite the torrential rain it was bone dry on lap 6 and my left front tyre didn’t last. The 2nd place Viper came in shortly behind me but only took on fuel, and we both were jumped by the Huracan. Lap 7 I had a good battle with the Aston for 3rd on FM1 because I took on plenty of fuel. So that was really fun and I settled for 3rd in the end.

I came back after a few days off. On the GTP account, the Weekly Challenges (or at least 4 of them) went as follows:
  • Kyoto European Sunday Cup 400 (more like 450) in an "unclean" 4:20 with a stock Volvo V40
  • Nurburgring Japanese 4WD Challenge in 5:18 with a stock 1994 Nissan R32 GT-R
  • Eiger Norwand Special Event in 8:09 with a Volvo V40 put on a stage 3 weight reduction after finding the stock car a bit too heavy
  • Dragon Trail Race of Turbo Sports Cars in 9:52 with a stock KTM X-BOW
  • Suzuka WTC 800 was a no-go, both with the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 (nearly 400 miles of restarts) and the Audi R8 LMS Evo (nearly 100 miles of restarts)
Wednesday's all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair was the middle-finger/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., while Thursday's cashless 4-star ticket was a Nissan R92CP engine, duly put into a waiting Nissan R33.

Last night I took the P1 GTR to Sardegna and I didn't finish because I still need to do some work on the handling for me. I might just need to get some more time with it. But I think I will check out Praiano tune for it. So I switched to the Genesis VGT Gr.1 for the race it was a nice drive. I bought another Tuscan and something else I can't remember. Got another Ferrari invite so now I have 2 Aston Marin invites & 2 Ferrari invites active. I plan on getting another LaFerrari and couple more Enzos

Today my DR in Sport Mode went up from D to C. I have to say it happened at a very unfortunate time for me. Just as i was able to be really competetive in race C with a QT of 1:16 and consistent lap times of 1:17 in the race at DR D with a handful of 2nd row starts and podiums i am now at the back of every race with competitors that lap in 1:15 in the race and qualify with 1:14. Well, that was not so motivating if success lasts only for 5 or 6 races...

On the GTP account, I was dismayed to find Suzuka to be the new time trial. After taking my 1,000,000 Cr. for getting silver at the expired one, I rented a 2016 Nissan GT-R GT500 and, after a few familiarization laps, barely broke into the 1:51s.

Heartened, I took the Audi R8 LMS Evo back to Suzuka. My early crashes and offs continued for a fair bit, but eventually I got a clean and dry win in 21:10.

On the Plus account, I (mostly) overpowered the Weekly Challenges:
  • Kyoto European Sunday Cup 400 in 3:16 with a stock Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Nurburgring Japanese 4WD Challenge in 5:01 with a stock 2017 Nissan GT-R NISMO
  • Eiger Norwand Special Event in 8:10 with a Volvo V40 power-tuned (also with SH tires) to 465 PP)
  • Dragon Trail Turbo Sports Cars in 9:09 with a stock Ferrari F8 Tributo
  • Suzuka WTC 800 in a mildly-moist 20:45 with a stock 1997 BMW McLaren F1 GTR
The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the high-showing/lowest-possible 30,000 Cr.

Last edited:
Had a brilliant yet slightly disappointing race in Le Mans with the DTM Alfa 155, a race car which I’ve seen the wheels been driven off IRL a couple of decades ago.
I misread this and I thought that you'd actually driven the car in real life😹

After 'years' of playing only in cockpit view I tried 'bonnet' view last night.
I have always used cockpit as i feel it is the only realistic view but using bonnet seems so much easier and my lap times have made an immediate improvement and it's also easier to see what's happening around you.
But I still can't help feeling it's cheating and not realistic which is what we all want.

After 'years' of playing only in cockpit view I tried 'bonnet' view last night.
I have always used cockpit as i feel it is the only realistic view but using bonnet seems so much easier and my lap times have made an immediate improvement and it's also easier to see what's happening around you.
But I still can't help feeling it's cheating and not realistic which is what we all want.

I don't see the cockpit view as realistic for a few reasons.

Firstly, it's not where it should be, because it's on the TV so it's too far away. It should be in touching distance but there's no way I could have my screen there while using a wheel on my racing seat.

Secondly, you only see the front view. It's like lookong at a photo of a cockpit instead of sitting in it and looking at the real thing. Yes you can look from side to side using a controller but then you again just get a side view. You don't get an all encompassing, surrounding view.

Thirdly, you can't look around things. The view doesn't change when you move your head. That might seem trivial but what it means to me in practical terms is, if I was in an actual car and my view of a particular apex was obscured by one of the windscreen pillars.. or if I was in a formula car with a halo and my view of something ahead of me was obscured by the halo's central bar, i would tilt my head one way or another and look around it. I can't do that in cockpit view.

Lastly, when I'm driving an actual car, I see only the road and surroundings. I ignore the car's interior, it basically becomes invisible to me in my peripheral vision. On a computer screen, the dashboard doesn't disappear, it's there, front and centre with the rest. It's also in focus while the road is in focus, which is not how it should be and also part of makes it harder to ignore. Maybe on a really, really large TV this isn't an issue and but I've bever tried one.

So, all that considered, I find that the cockpit view should be the more realistic in theory, but in practice bumper view is more realistic in showing me what I would really be seeing and concentrating on in an actual car. I don't see the dashboard unless I'm intentionally looking at an instrument or display on it.

If any of those reasons helps you accept bumper cam without feeling that you are cheating, yay! If not,fair enough, thanks for reading anyway. 😂

Last edited:
I finished the last of the Weekly challenges last night and hour before they switched, I received 500k credits as a reward. And I did some campaign events in GV, Tokyo and RBR. I took 10 scape photos, did 2 Tuscan Turbo liveries and now I'm doing some drift trials, so far I've accumulated over 38 million drift points. I'd be thrilled if I was the guy with the most number of drift points in the entire game. That would make my whole year.

Last edited:
I don't see the cockpit view as realistic for a few reasons.

Firstly, it's not where it should be, because it's on the TV so it's too far away. It should be in touching distance but there's no way I could have my screen there while using a wheel on my racing seat.

Secondly, you only see the front view. It's like lookong at a photo of a cockpit instead of sitting in it and looking at the real thing. Yes you can look from side to side using a controller but then you again just get a side view. You don't get an all encompassing, surrounding view.

Thirdly, you can't look around things. The view doesn't change when you move your head. That might seem trivial but what it means to me in practical terms is, if I was in an actual car and my view of a particular apex was obscured by one of the windscreen pillars.. or if I was in a formula car with a halo and my view of something ahead of me was obscured by the halo's central bar, i would tilt my head one way or another and look around it. I can't do that in cockpit view.

Lastly, when I'm driving an actual car, I see only the road and surroundings. I ignore the car's interior, it basically becomes invisible to me in my peripheral vision. On a computer screen, the dashboard doesn't disappear, it's there, front and centre with the rest. It's also in focus while the road is in focus, which is not how it should be and also part of makes it harder to ignore. Maybe on a really, really large TV this isn't an issue and but I've bever tried one.

So, all that considered, I find that the cockpit view should be the more realistic in theory, but in practice bumper view is more realistic in showing me what I would really be seeing and concentrating on in an actual car. I don't see the dashboard unless I'm intentionally looking at an instrument or display on it.

If any of those reasons helps you accept bumper cam without feeling that you are cheating, yay! If not,fair enough, thanks for reading anyway. 😂
Many thanks, that all makes sense and driving myself I have to agree with you.
So it's bumper view now and thanks again for easing my mind.

On the GTP account, I was dismayed to find Suzuka to be the new time trial. After taking my 1,000,000 Cr. for getting silver at the expired one, I rented a 2016 Nissan GT-R GT500 and, after a few familiarization laps, barely broke into the 1:51s.

Heartened, I took the Audi R8 LMS Evo back to Suzuka. My early crashes and offs continued for a fair bit, but eventually I got a clean and dry win in 21:10.

On the Plus account, I (mostly) overpowered the Weekly Challenges:
  • Kyoto European Sunday Cup 400 in 3:16 with a stock Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Nurburgring Japanese 4WD Challenge in 5:01 with a stock 2017 Nissan GT-R NISMO
  • Eiger Norwand Special Event in 8:10 with a Volvo V40 power-tuned (also with SH tires) to 465 PP)
  • Dragon Trail Turbo Sports Cars in 9:09 with a stock Ferrari F8 Tributo
  • Suzuka WTC 800 in a mildly-moist 20:45 with a stock 1997 BMW McLaren F1 GTR
The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the high-showing/lowest-possible 30,000 Cr.
The Suzuka one was a chore, I came in first even though I had my fuel map set at 6 to reduce power and fuel. That's a great tool created by PD's staff.

I got my daily marathon and won 10k cr from a 4 ⭐ 🎫 . I played around some more with P1 GTR. I tried Praiano's tune and it did make the car more stable but it felt a tad bit slower to me. So I think I might merge his tune with my own

It's been three days since my last confession.... Sorry haven't had Play Station time for much of this week.
logged into sport mode got my cash for the Porsche High Speed ring TT.
Took my red Clio V6 to Bathurst did two clean laps banked a steady bronze 9% off there's more time to win that would be easy to find I'm not sure I would get to silver without spending and excess of time here the trouble is your 70+ seconds in before the tricky bits where you win or loose time.
Went to look at the weeklies.
Japanese 4wd at Tokyo; Alphard van with some free bits I've picked up 330ish HP, ran a clean first lap, kissed the barriers at the end of the main straight and followed a Scooby over the line that I just didn't have the acceleration to keep up with. I will take the second and move on.
American 700pp at High Speed Ring. Course starts damp id picked a GAC running 1230hp but on sports tyres, the back actually steps progressively as you open the throttle. Not a lot was going to keep with this beast especially on a track where I saw 220mph, trouble was judging corner entry speeds which I'd pretty much got by lap 3, 22 seconds to win, lapped 3 cars.
Wheel 4* gave me a nice stage 5 weight reduction for a Porsche 918.
Now where is the road going McClaren F1, I'm not far off £20m credits.

Today I did some fiddling around in the game to see if some cars can be perked up with some changes. I am getting a little deeper into tuning to sus out if some cars can be woke up from their 1.50 slump. The Civic Touring has always been a favorite, but lately has seemed a little neutered, understeery and boring.

Looking at the stock setup the roll bars are at 1, the front toe is at 0, and the rear toe is in 0.20. I put the fully-adjustable suspension on it, set the front toe out in front to 0.20, the rear out to 0.10, roll bars at 4, and raised the ride height to 95mm (at the stock 80mm it has steering issues under compression) and boy did that wake this thing up! Now it points into corners, has lift-off oversteer, and has the edge of nervousness a high-strung, low weight hatch should have. I'm still going to fiddle around with the roll bars and damper settings, but just these small changes made a big difference in both how the car behaves and how it communicates through FFB.

Here's a Sophy race with it against some much bigger guns. Fun race, and an actual challenge with Sophy driving much more powerful iron.

I misread this and I thought that you'd actually driven the car in real life😹
Oh I wish! 😂 I have tracked my Celica ST205 a couple of times though, both in Spa and Spielberg, but that’s as far as it went.

I did however attend a DTM race back in the day as a spectator 😉 and that was one of the last outings of the Alfa. It was outclassed by its competition by then, but the driver gave his all and needless to say the spectacle provided was honoured by the fans.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to remember that great day in Nuremberg 🤩

Today was a decent session.
  • Netted 1mill for my Porsche time.
  • Did some of the newer TT, like the suzuka one and got a silver time.
  • Manage to do 1 weekyl race and net 100k tokens
  • Did 1 daily Race B and got a 9th from 16th at the back, in the BMW z4 GT3 racer, its quick but understeery thanks to new physics.
  • Then did some lobby racing and got a good result in a Deep forest race with A plus racers. Got a clean race bonus so thats nice.
  • Went back to the GTWS roudn 2 practices and ntoiced how wishy the Honda is on those CS tyres, gotta be real careful in the race tomorrow and it will be very tricky to pass on the tighter corners and people will bail in those condiitons.

Wish me luck for the GTWS Nations Round 2 race tomo and lets see how I go!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240823200147.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823202126.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823202906.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823204134.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823204111.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823205045.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823205306.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823205403.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823204531.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823210457.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823212348.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240823213154.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240823212342.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240823212342.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240823212307.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240823212307.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 1
It was another GTP account-only day, as the last 2 Weekly Challenge races really gave me fits, and the 3-star Wheel of Despair struck again. Anyway, the results of the Weekly Challenges:
  • Tokyo Expressway Japanese 4WD Challenge in 5:02 with a stock 1994 Nissan R32 GT-R
  • High Speed Ring American Clubman Cup 700 in 6:14 with a stock Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 (I initially forgot hyper-tuned Mavericks and C8s were in the grid)
  • Nurburgring Porsche Cup in 7:45 with a stock 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Sarthe Hyper Car Parade in 12:30 with the same Corvette C7 ZR1 (after many, many crashes)
  • Autopolis Special Event in 13:44 with a stock Lexus SC430 GT500 after not keeping pace with various Gr.3 machinery
Said 3-star gave...what else?...the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

I really shouldn’t have won this one hour Spa race, I’d say it was the scrappiest race so far.

Took the Toyota FT-1 Gr. 3 out on FM3, had a huge off in the dry trying to dodge the Viper coming out of Radillon, and took it and another car out. Limped the rest of the Kemmel straight until my car healed itself.

Going into the pits for IMs I did a few pirouettes in the wet and lost quite some time, the same after the track dried and I ran the rear IMs into the ground. And to add insult to injury I must have picked up 3 second penalty while at it. When I served it that lap I spun out badly because the car auto braked and I didn’t pay attention I drove onto a wet patch on the new RHs. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I was still third, and managed to catch 2nd place WRX soon after because its tyres were gone. Leader pitted eventually and I could hold my 25 seconds lead on the 458 until the end.

Such much drama 😬

Today I've been to Laguna Sec TT in the Merc what a horrible car, just can't keep it on the track 8 laps and the best clean lap doesn't even come close to a bronze. Car doesn't like stopping wants to change ends under hard acceleration and it hates the kerbs.
Went to Germany, Porsche challenge. Took a 959 out and was in first place towards the end of the lap,got a bit out of shape and nudged by second place and I'm allover the grass, didn't get time to recover as the game restarted me half way back down the the final straight, first to sixth.
Tried again this time in a 911 gt3 on the pp limit, clean win by 18 seconds.
Sold a few duplicate cars at the UCD.
Took the 787 out at Sardinia for a money grind.
3* wheel gave me 10k, other options where 500k or 3 cars so usual but worst daily.

It’s been an enlightening morning so far. Finished the weekly challenges quite easily. So easy in fact, I questioned the difficulty settings, so I looked a found it was on easy. Switched back to hard and going through them again. I knew I wasn’t that good! :banghead:

It was another GTP account-only day, as the last 2 Weekly Challenge races really gave me fits, and the 3-star Wheel of Despair struck again. Anyway, the results of the Weekly Challenges:
  • Tokyo Expressway Japanese 4WD Challenge in 5:02 with a stock 1994 Nissan R32 GT-R
  • High Speed Ring American Clubman Cup 700 in 6:14 with a stock Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 (I initially forgot hyper-tuned Mavericks and C8s were in the grid)
  • Nurburgring Porsche Cup in 7:45 with a stock 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Sarthe Hyper Car Parade in 12:30 with the same Corvette C7 ZR1 (after many, many crashes)
  • Autopolis Special Event in 13:44 with a stock Lexus SC430 GT500 after not keeping pace with various Gr.3 machinery
Said 3-star gave...what else?...the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.
Idk why, but I cannot come in first place now at the Nordschleife(Porsche Cup) race, it happens to me once in a blue moon now. PD really messed up some events by the PP restrictions and the difficulty settings. The only event I have left is the special Autopolis one where the top prize is 150k credits.

Idk why, but I cannot come in first place now at the Nordschleife(Porsche Cup) race
Good thing you only need third for the Weekly Challenges.
PD really messed up some events by the PP restrictions and the difficulty settings.
They haven't done anything about the events, and that's the problem; cars have had their PP's updated, while the AI cars remain exactly as they are (not complying with the PP limit)

Last edited:
Idk why, but I cannot come in first place now at the Nordschleife(Porsche Cup) race, it happens to me once in a blue moon now. PD really messed up some events by the PP restrictions and the difficulty settings. The only event I have left is the special Autopolis one where the top prize is 150k credits.
The 2016 and 2022 GT3 RS's both come in under the 650 PP limit, as well as the Cayman Clubsport (more useful for the more technical and drier tracks), so those are possibilities.

I did the time trial featuring the Renault Clio @ Mt. Panorama, and after about three laps, I found myself 2.77% off the top, so that should be good for this Thursday. Then I did the Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20 time trial at Laguna Seca, and got fairly into silver range, but I'd need quite a bit over a whole second to get into gold range. So I might do some more laps to get a more secure silver, but I'm not even sure if that'll be truly necessary since I don't feel too close to getting kick out of silver range.

I had thought about buying my first Porsche 911 GT1 Street, but I decided to wait until it's available in either silver or white. Similarly, I had thought of buying a spare Honda S2000 to repaint in Tahitian Green Pearl - especially since I had a K24 to swap into it - but ultimately chose to wait until it's available in silver. I did, however, buy a second Renault R4, as I really like that deeper blue color.

Later, I plan to enter today's round of the GTWS Nations Cup Exhibition Series 1, and I'm actually looking forward to it! Definitely curious to see where I'll stand after today's round.

Last edited:
After more then 10 attempts I finished The Race in Sun Also Rises Missions. I kind of lost hope. I looked for some videos to see if there is some trick but there wasn't. Either AI got better or all cars got faster but I needed constant laps around 2:06 while in some videos many updates ago 2:08 laps were enough. After that I also finished 24 minutes of Le Mans for my last gold.

Completed the Weekly Challenges, Etole High Speed Hi Medic in effect along with the 2002 Viper and SF19 around Autopolis yesterday and Today qualified 2nd for Nations Cup race, 1st place took themselves out in the first corner, which was super weird and unexpected, was planning to just keep it relaxed and cruise behind for 2nd unless they made a mistake, and well that came in the first 10 seconds... and ways led the entire race from there on out till just before the last corner, got dive bombed by the typical slammer and came in P2.

A Pro mode monthly subscription with proper penalties, stewarding, and banning along with unlimited automatic real time replay saving locally and to online servers can't happen soon enough. Would really like to be able to RACE in Gran Turismo 7, it's a fantastic driving simulator, but without accountability, there can be no racing.

Getting slammed on last bend....

And Getting "Clean Race" for being shunted and slammer claims they got clean race as well. SMFH
1724533437482.png

1724533101824.png

1724532946748.png

Last edited:
Back