What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,143 comments
I was playing Need for Speed Heat recently and recorded this gameplay footage for all of you to enjoy:

along with these two shorts:

This is also the Xbox One version of the game.

I got to the middle of NFS: Heat and the game started to get harder and I just stopped/gave up. What NFS games did you guys find interesting and fun? I'm asking because I'm gonna look for some for my birthday next month.

On PC:
-Assassin's Creed Origins (again)
-Immortals Fenyx Rising (again and one of my favorite games of all time, criminally underrated)
-Star Wars Outlaws

On Xbox Series X:
-Forza Horizon 4, to do a proper sendoff I erased my previous data and started all over again.

On PC:
-Assassin's Creed Origins (again)
-Immortals Fenyx Rising (again and one of my favorite games of all time, criminally underrated)
-Star Wars Outlaws

On Xbox Series X:
-Forza Horizon 4, to do a proper sendoff I erased my previous data and started all over again.
Didnt even realise you could erase and restart it, i thought the game save was in the cloud.
You do realise it's going to take you almost 3 years to get those 148 Backstage Pass cars at one a week...? :lol:

Didnt even realise you could erase and restart it, i thought the game save was in the cloud.
You do realise it's going to take you almost 3 years to get those 148 Backstage Pass cars at one a week...? :lol:
Yeah, there are two saves, local and cloud and you can clear either or both. This time I'm in no rush to accumulate cars. I'm just revisiting the main game and the expansions with a curated roster of cars. I declare myself free of the FOMO.

From yesterday, when new headset arrived (Steelseries Arctis Nova 7X), intense playing Forza Motorsport - Nemesis tour to be exact.
Im fighting with time (1D), Endurance Legends left...

I must say that with new headset sound is on one another level.
So precise, so clean, so loud!

I never thought I would ever write this but I’m currently playing Monster Jam Showdown (PS5) as I’m taking a break from Wreckfest.

I’ve only put three hours into it but I love it already. Slick presentation, great soundtrack in the menus, looks and runs fantastically, fun arcade physics, neat damage model and plenty of unlockables. This game will probably earn the top spot as my favourite game from Milestone.

I'm actually gonna try a few NFS games maybe if I can find the motivation, I need to do thorough research and choose the best 2 games so I'm not wasting my money. I do not find the Nascar games fun at all, I stopped playing them back in 2014. The Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2 is fun too, I'm already headed towards Level 70.

Last edited:
Gundam Breaker 4 has just taken over my free time now. Compared to New Gundam Breaker it's a massive improvement, since not only has the actual gameplay aspect been improved (granted the auto targeting is a bit wonky still, but not nearly as bad as before) but the Gunpla building part has been expanded on greatly. Now you can resize and adjust the position of every part to make them fit better instead of just being locked to 1/144 and 1/100 sizes, and even create whole sized dioramas to really show off your horrible kitbash abominations unique creations. That's on top of the in-depth painting and weathering system that was NGB's major draw.

I've put five hours in already and about three were just customizing the few parts I already have unlocked. Don't bother sending help, I'm already doomed.

1724972893032.png

(also there are SD Gundams and you can use their parts with the normal ones for maximum absurdity)

I need to do thorough research and choose the best 2 games so I'm not wasting my money.
You don't really need to look further than the last three releases, Unbound, the Hot Pursuit remaster and Heat. Most Wanted 2012 has some interesting stuff but the best part by far can be seen on YouTube for free, cop chases have these completely out of hand nightmarish opening cinematics which are amazing. Further back, Underground 1 and 2 and Carbon were good in the '00s but not sure how they'd hold up now, and there are some other hits that I never played in there somewhere, but overall the franchise is more miss than hit.

Last edited:
Its best online racing game to day, IMO. Also, best chases. Needs remaster.

U1 and 2 have really dated visuals, but still fun to play.
Do you mean the best online racing if any game ever? I have to admit I don't think I ever even tried playing it online, but I think that could be because I had very poor WiFi back then and didn't know/care enough to try to fix it, sounds like I was missing out! I thought the singleplayer was, like, entirely OK, the sort of thing that was fun to grind but when you unlocked everything it was easy to move on from.

I picked up Road 96 again last night, I could see myself sticking with it this time around. I'm not deeply interested in any of it to be honest but I've struggled to find something engaging to get into and I wonder if that's just me not giving things a chance.

I'm also still going with Forgetful Dictator, I've found my biggest weakness is the *stans - for some reason when I think about it while not playing the game I can remember them all - Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan - but when I'm actually playing I always forget one of the last two in that list. I also get Burundi and Benin mixed up, and it usually takes me a minute to remember which one is Armenia and which is Albania. Oddly Slovakia and Slovenia are easy enough to remember. Africa's flags are HARD, so many stars and flags with three vertical stripes... And capitals, wow, there are so many I can't even remember how to spell, like the capitals of Myanmar, Tonga and, of course, Brunei. Bandar Se__ Begawan, and I always substitute the g for an r. I won't be happy until I can win whole world games in hardcore without using any special abilities or hints. I think I'm already there with countries but I'm not even close with capitals or flags.

I downloaded several Kingdom Hearts games from the ps3 with Sora as the main character. I will start playing them later this week. I think it's cool how the developers brought most of the Disney characters in a majority of these games and storylines.

Last edited:
Picked up Robocop Rogue City cheap on eBay last month and had an absolute blast playing through it. Teyon might not be the biggest developer, but both Terminator Resistance and Robocop have both been really enjoyable plays.

I am sure nostalgia is influencing my opinion, but a lot of locations from the first film faithfully reproduced in the game plus a ton of references and background details dropped in there as well. Fairly straightforward gameplay and upgrade mechanics, but I still had a lot of fun. Front end could do with refinement, but very likely I'll give it another run through at some point in the near future.

Started Horizon Forbidden West at the weekend. Very similar to the original thus far... but I have no problem with that, as it was an excellent game (in my opinion!). Few minor refinements that are definitely improvements, just on the verge of entering the wider world and looking forward to exploring that.

Very, very, rare that I pre-order or buy at release, but I am very tempted by Space Marine 2. The original was big dumb fun and all the previews for the sequel are very positive. Very interested to see what sort of reviews it receives.

Last edited:
Your loss, one of the greatest games ever made and my favourite of all time
This. The first Last of Us is an absolutely masterpiece and, although it seemed to divide opinion, the second one isn't far behind in my mind.

I played Last of Us through multiple times on PS3, did the same with the remastered version on PS4 and I got Last of Us Part 1 free with my PS5, so I intend to do it all again soon!
Armored Core 6 and Fallout 4 (this one is going to take a long time to finish)
Keep looking at Armored Core 6, but haven't committed to a purchase yet. Absolutely loved those games back in the day and, much like Ace Combat, it is brilliant to see another of my favourite franchises returning on modern platforms.

Keep looking at Armored Core 6, but haven't committed to a purchase yet. Absolutely loved those games back in the day and, much like Ace Combat, it is brilliant to see another of my favourite franchises returning on modern platforms.
Armored Core 6 is insanely fun IMO. I know it's not exactly a souls game but it feels like one at times with the boss fights (especially Bloodborne).

Finally got around to getting Vampire Survivors on the Switch. I made the mistake though of also buying Balatro on @Niku Driver HC's recommendation and now Balatro is my entire life.

Returnal: finally finished Platinum, so no step further.
Fallout 76: not far off of Platinum, havent seen any game crashing as often as this one, and as random as this one. Maybe it does run better on PS4?
Black Myth Wukung: Im losing orientation often and running in circles in ... small areas. Just started so cant say anything about it other than that.

Armored Core 6 is insanely fun IMO. I know it's not exactly a souls game but it feels like one at times with the boss fights (especially Bloodborne).
Hmmmm. Sounds like Armored Core 6 definitely needs to join my pile of unplayed games...

I'm gonna search for a Batman game that is currently in the ps4 list and try it, I'm a DC comics fan. Idk when but it's going to be soon.

Today, I debuted in Automobilista 2. Early impressions of mine on AMS2 is that this game is a serious evolution over AMS1. I had a little lag doing races under rainy conditions or darkness. My primary issue is if I felt the game would lag too much to where I wouldn't enjoy it. My fears were put to rest for the most part. I found the modding potential and skinning potential a bit off since you can only override liveries for vehicles. There are a LOT of vehicles and a lot of tracks from the stock version! Methinks AMS2 will keep me busy in the sim racing realm.

I'm gonna search for a Batman game that is currently in the ps4 list and try it, I'm a DC comics fan. Idk when but it's going to be soon.
Please tell us what games you are playing now, not possibly maybe sometime in the future.
The thread name is specifically "what games are you playing now".
Thanks 👍

Me, I'm mainly working through the FM23 Featured chore cough Featured Tour, Grid 2019 and Grid Legend careers, and have just started Gotham Knights in case that leaves Game Pass this month. Not far enough in to Gotham Knights to know whether i like it or not yet. I'm missing The Bat a lot though.

Back