What is "Cops"

United States
Atanta
Drake_DuCaine
Every time I join these rooms it's just people acting ignorant and just ramming each other...Seems unfun.... Not like cruising and then someone decides they want to speed and be chased (which is what I thought cops would be). Could someone please clarify to me what "cops" is? Thanks!

You just had bad luck entering a childish room...

There`s a lot of guys that do it properly, with rules and clever people that know how to play fair...

If you look for realistic rooms, you`ll have a good time cruising by and seeing the cops act nicely against speeders.

It works just like normal race rooms, there`s good and there`s bad rooms. Unfortunately.

I think they start with good intentions, but everyone gets bored and starts drifting. And because the GT5 police force is severely understaffed. I swear, I always get asked where I got the Pace Car.

I think they start with good intentions, but everyone gets bored and starts drifting. And because the GT5 police force is severely understaffed. I swear, I always get asked where I got the Pace Car.

Cops in GT5 is an official thing now? What else?

Lol ya I have no idea what it is either. I see people list speed limit and I drive them but nothing happens so I drive max speed and blow by people or slow down and match their speeds. Still nothing ever happens tho. I sometimes see people on the other side driving against traffic and still nothing happens. It seems too boring.

I'm sure there was bigger rooms with like 100-200 people at the Nurb, it would be a lot more interesting. :D Imagine like 30-40 cops and about 100 tuners at the Ring. That would be awesome lol.

You just had bad luck entering a childish room...

There`s a lot of guys that do it properly, with rules and clever people that know how to play fair...

If you look for realistic rooms, you`ll have a good time cruising by and seeing the cops act nicely against speeders.

It works just like normal race rooms, there`s good and there`s bad rooms. Unfortunately.

Depends on how active/strict the host is and if he actually dares to kick people. I do, and my friends love my cruise rooms. :sly:

Everyone? No. But the few people who don't leave such rooms pretty quickly after joining and look for a better one. What you talk about is the bad side of these rooms, unfortunately the majority of such rooms is like that.

I never could figure this one out... If I want to race against the cops, I'll play Need for Speed carbon or Most wanted.

Race against cops? I think you got that wrong. There might be people out there who think it's fun to play cops vs. gangsters but usually 'cops' are just a sub-feature of realistic cruise lobbies, with the imagination in mind that you get penalities for speeding and breaking rules, just like in real life.
To be honest, that doesn't work. If you are host, you should be the one and only 'cop' who keeps the room clean - that means you warn or kick speeding, drifting, wrong side driving drivers yourself or your room is lost.

No, it wouldn't.

Indeed. Now that's something I don't see the point in.

That's true Kirokai.

When I do those rooms I try to be strict on the rules, etc. and most of time it goes well. :)

My comment about the police force was a joke, I didn't explain it very well though. Sorry for the confusion. It's just nobody ever wants to put forth effort to be a cop, and I think that's why these rooms end up failing. That and I think the general crowd expects an NFS style police experience.

There's a few reasons why cop rooms can be bad:

1. Unlimited PP. No one enjoys running away from something that will catch you 100% without fail, and vica versa. The Pace cars also aren't the fastest cars in the game. You can fix this by either changing the pp limit to something pace cars can compete with, if only pace cars can be police cars.

2. Everyone has a different idea when to give up. The "one tap and you have to pull over" thing causes confusion and frustration, its usually the most fun to have multiple police cars try to completely subdue one person.

3. Bad tracks. Mt. Aso tracks can be fun, but they usually aren't. Stick with something real so everyone is familiar with the layout.

4. Mics. The worse quality mic you have, the more you have to yell into it, the worse it sounds. Most children have bad quality mics as well. It's best to just turn them off.

5. The Pace car. it's a pretty rare car to have and not exactly fast even when fully tuned. If you can make it so police cars are a car of a certain color, like black or white, you'll have more competent police.

(PD, we know you love the GTR. Make an R35 Pace Car with better lights.)

You guys haven't even answered his question yet what is cops, i don't know it either i just go in the room and get chased by a pace car with my rz

You guys haven't even answered his question yet what is cops, i don't know it either i just go in the room and get chased by a pace car with my rz

you need to read more carefully, because someone has already answered the question.

'cops' are just a sub-feature of realistic cruise lobbies, with the imagination in mind that you get penalities for speeding and breaking rules, just like in real life.

I'd really like to get a good "cops" room going with members from here who will actually do it right. I have joined a cops room out of curiosity and it was pretty fun. The host of the room was very clear about the rules and everyone in the room played fair.

better yet, add it as a room setting for GT6 with fully modded GT edition cop cars. have 1 or 2 for every performance level. hey, we already have a drift setting for online rooms, add drag and cops. I personally hate drag rooms because they clog up the servers and you can't win any money like you can with a standard race room. GT6 can fix that. set it to drag, add a Pinks or money manager and you got an instant success. Same with Cops, give us a few cool looking GT cop cars, maybe a few features, like sirens maybe... I don't know. just do something with it to cover ALL the bases. I would actually like to see the SLS AMG pace car used in the F1 circuit.

Can someone tell me why people made up these cop lobbies? Where did the idea come from? I'm not hating, I'm just curious.

RandomCarGuy17
Can someone tell me why people made up these cop lobbies? Where did the idea come from? I'm not hating, I'm just curious.

Need for speed heads :lol:. That's the only thing that comes to mind .

Not a fan of that nfs cop-thing, but some jdm r34 cop cars on ssr7 for high speed chases would be cool some how

The good thing about Cops is if you want a relaxing drive around just to chill out, you dont have to worry about people driving flat out into the back of you. If they get caught speeding or driving erratically, then they have 3 strikes before they are kicked, or made to change cars.

The good thing about Cops is if you want a relaxing drive around just to chill out, you dont have to worry about people driving flat out into the back of you. If they get caught speeding or driving erratically, then they have 3 strikes before they are kicked, or made to change cars.

- In the good rooms, yes.

We need more members in the froces GTPD :D

I may be a new member here, and the last post may have been nearly a week ago, but I'm an enthusiastic police officer with a fleet of high-performance cop cars. I think I'd consider myself a member of the GTPD. ;)

GTPD: Anti StreetRacing Task Force Right here! I like playin the cop but the low top speed on the pace car is a heck of a draawback. Jusst like in real life it can only really chase hondas and slow silvia/240sx.lol

I admit. A good cops lobby is definitely hard to find.

GTPD: Anti StreetRacing Task Force Right here! I like playin the cop but the low top speed on the pace car is a heck of a draawback. Jusst like in real life it can only really chase hondas and slow silvia/240sx.lol

I admit. A good cops lobby is definitely hard to find.

Agreed. Probably because the Skyline is running a 6-Speed Close Ratio set to 155 max. Well, a good application of the Fully Customizable Transmission ought to fix that...

Agreed. Probably because the Skyline is running a 6-Speed Close Ratio set to 155 max. Well, a good application of the Fully Customizable Transmission ought to fix that...
Have you tuned a pace car that tops over 210mph? I have the customizable transmission. The problem the car seems to have is the lightbar on the roof. I think it causes too much drag at high speed which is why the pace car can't top out as high as other R34's. Even R32's can out run it if they have a proper tune.

Latest Posts

Back