What is the highest and lowest revving road car in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamerdog6482
  • 26 comments
  • 12,035 views

gamerdog6482

(Banned)
Messages
6,233
United States
Venom, USA
Messages
Gamerdog6482
I want to know which cars in GT5 have the most and least RPMs. Lowest I was thinking the Tank, but that's not a road car. Anybody else know?
 
Last edited:
lowest i would think is the tank car. not sure on the highest :)
 
Ferarri F2007 revs to 19,500:drool: (red bull cars only do a measly 16,000:crazy:)

....figures according to the power graphs in the settings menu rather than remembering what they rev to whilst driving.
 
...I wasn't really looking at F1's, more so street cars.
 
...I wasn't really looking at F1's, more so street cars.

Lowest: Kubelwagen/Samba Bus/old Beetle?
Highest: One of the Italian supercars?

Just guessing, tho'.

Edit: Saw this in another thread.

"Giygas GTP Fanatic
lldantell
The 458 is the only v8 car that revs up to 10,000 rpm when you tune it"
 
Last edited:
Look at the Caterham or the Suzuki GSX-R/4
Both can rev up over 10000 rpm.
 
Mazda RX-8 Type S revs up to 8500, not sure if there is a higher one than that.


Lowest: Kubelwagen/Samba Bus/Beetle?
Kubelwagen: 3000
Shwimmwagen:3900
Samba:3500
Type 11:3500
1600:3600
2CV: 3500
Caterham: 9400
GSXR/4:10000(!)
Absolute highest non-race car that I own is the GSX/4. Lowest road car is 2CV/Beetle/Samba, will try turbocharging them.
 
Mazda RX-8 Type S revs up to 8500, not sure if there is a higher one than that.
Ignore where the redline starts. The RX8 can rev up to 9500 which is where it hits the rev limit.
 
Tuned, for maximum (or minimum) revs.

Beetle when turbocharged drops to 2700.
2CV can't be turbocharged.
Turbocharge a Samba and it drops down to 2500, which is less than a Beetle from '49. Don't have a VW 1600 to test.
Now on to high-revvers.
I won't test the GSX-R/4 because it's not a road car.
Mazda RX-8 Type S maximum revs on spec sheet: 9600. Nice.
Caterham Seven Fireblade maximum revs in spec sheet: 10900.

Results: Yes, the Fireblade does have more max revs, but it looses power in the process. getting it to 10900 requires turbocharging it, supercharging it provides more power.
Highest revving cars final result:


Caterham Seven Fireblade
Peak Torque: 9400
Peak Power: 10900
Redline: 12400(!).
Mazda RX-8 Type S
Peak Torque: 8900
Peak Power: 9600
Redline: 10400.
 
The Spoon Civic revs to over 12 000 IIRC.
 
I did know about the Spoon Civic, but that isn't exactly a road car, is it? Right now I'm looking at a RX-8 Concept LM race car... not exactly willing to spend the 1,000,000 if it doesn't eclipse the Fireblade. Anybody know the max revs you can get out of the RX-8 Concept LM Race Car?
 
Spoon Civic was street registered in Japan, if I'm not mistaken, it was just a tuner garage car, any Civic can be turned into a Spoon. Much like Mine's car, they can be street registered, in fact R34 Mine's have the most "stock" looking engine bay of a 600+hp car where only the ardent eyes can pick the differences against a stock R34 GTR. So Japanese tuner cars are mostly street legal, except for the special built track car.
 
Oh. Well, now I am really just looking for the highest and lowest non-race car, so I'm tuning up a GSX. Hard to increase revs significantly when I can't turbocharge it.
Got it up to 261 HP SCREAMING at 10900 revs...still not 11000.
Redlines at 12400. Both numbers same as the Fireblade, but heavier.
 
The '66 cobra idles at 800
 
gamerdog6482
The Shelby or the AC?

Shelby. I'm not sure about the AC, but I would think it is close
 
Under the assumption that all Spoons rev high, I bought a Spoon CR-Z, forgetting it was a hybrid. 6400.
:lol:


But yeah. I'd be surprised if you could find one that revved higher than the Spoon Civic or Caterham.
 
Well, I'm certainly going to try!
 
Maybe the Blue tuned Mazda ( FDS thing )
 
I can't remember for sure, but the Peugeot 905 lmp rev's to something ridiculous (12,000+). can anyone confirm that for me?
 
...Never would have guessed the AZ-1.
 
gamerdog6482
...Never would have guessed the AZ-1.

Yes but that is N/A, so technically a modified road car could be higher.
 
Back