What is the widest car in GT7?

• Thread starter TheNormsk
  • 7 comments

TheNormsk

Premium
United States
Wisconsin
BritGuyInUSA
As the title states, does anyone know what the widest car is in GT7?

The reason I ask is that I have some tape on my screen to help me position the car and avoid going off track so much when in bumper view. Usually I adjust it for each car but that's getting a pain so I figured I would just set it for the widest car and that should cover all the bases.

IMG_8323.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the view is scaled for every car anyway. Drive something known to be wide into a certain spot, take notes, then take a Kei car there and compare.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the view is scaled for every car anyway. Drive something known to be wide into a certain spot, take notes, then take a Kei car there and compare.
I would join in on this assumption:
as car height is factored into bumper cam, I guess car width will also somehow be reflected to "look somewhat correct".

I'm not sure the is entirely correct, or if it is then there is still some variability between car classes.

Having been doing this for some months now, I have found there can be quite a big difference between certain cars. Not knowing where the edge of the car is can affect you ability to lap quickly. Either, you are leaving time on the table by no maximizing track width or, you accidentally put a wheel on dirt/grass and spin out, so then you naturally back off and lose time as well.

Now I'm not that precise. Aliens have no fear on my limited abilities but since I started to do this I did find myself getting into the top 500, sometimes even top 300 on the global leaderboards for certain combos. Usually I am in the 1000-3000 range on leaderboards so I think it has merit.

Now I am gradually transitioning to VR which is completely different, but when I go back to bumper, I feel even more "off" now so I figured I'll set up a general one setup for all and hope for the best....

Last edited:
I play in VR, and in Bumper cam (when playing on telly), and I can't say I've ever had the issue of not knowing where the edges of each car is. After a few laps it's generally just understood, and I don't really even think about it. That being said, I've been playing in bumper cam since GT1 (when I wasn't using chase cam), so it comes fairly natural to me. VR is a hole different can of worms, but a lovely LOVELY can of worms, to be sure. The sense of depth, and scale, is game changing. Not to mention the immersion... but I digress...

To answer your question...

The widest car is probably one of the VGT's, honestly. I would think the lack of rules would indicate a potential for wider vehicles, and if memory serves, the Dodge is a particularly chonky boy. I'd start there.

Back