What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,541 comments
Motorola Moto G.

I have only had about 5 phone calls this month by people who aren't spam callers. The only thing it exists for is 2FA/authentication and sometimes reading the news in public.

Apps I can't run on my personal laptop (dying hardware), I use on my phone.

It was arguably far too much, but it's been a while so why not. First foldable, so it remains to be seen how I get on with it.
My justification with foldables is that instead of buying a tablet and a phone, I only spent money on a phone. :lol:

Also if you're a fan of writing notes down as opposed to typing, then I'd suggest getting an S pen as well.

Last edited:
Motorola Moto G.

I have only had about 5 phone calls this month by people who aren't spam callers. The only thing it exists for is 2FA/authentication and sometimes reading the news in public.

Apps I can't run on my personal laptop (dying hardware), I use on my phone.
The only Motorola phone I had was back in 2001. It lasted for up to 8 years.

My justification with foldables is that instead of buying a tablet and a phone, I only spent money on a phone. :lol:

Also if you're a fan of writing notes down as opposed to typing, then I'd suggest getting an S pen as well.
I got the S pen case with it, previously had an S22 ultra, so very much a fan of the pen

I'm considering saving up for an Apple phone, once my other Samsung phone dies. I need to research some inexpensive models from this past year.

Last edited:
Got a S24 Ultra with a nice, thin, almost not there kevlar case. First time in a while that I went nuts with a phone, but got a nice promotion and decided to reward myself.

The thing plays modded GT4. I can see myself finally retiring the fourth PS2 of my life.

Got a S24 Ultra with a nice, thin, almost not there kevlar case. First time in a while that I went nuts with a phone, but got a nice promotion and decided to reward myself.

The thing plays modded GT4. I can see myself finally retiring the fourth PS2 of my life.
That's cool, how much did it cost?

I meant all of it, the phone and the parts/case included.
Well, I live in Brazil, don't know if the prices will make much sense to you.

• Galaxy S24 Ultra 512 BG - R$ 7.500,00
  • Benks Kevlar case - US$ 30 (some R$ 200, considering taxes and shipping)

I don't have a phone, I have a Galaxy Tab S9+ tablet. I just bought my mum a Redmi Note 13 Pro though.

I don't speak American.
What colour color is your tablet? /s

In all seriousness though, what do you use if you're out an about and need to contact someone, or need to use SMS or 2FA ? Does the S9 tablet have 4G/LTE?

What colour color is your tablet? /s

In all seriousness though, what do you use if you're out an about and need to contact someone, or need to use SMS or 2FA ? Does the S9 tablet have 4G/LTE?
The silver one was about £100 less than the black one. It's got 5G and LTE so I just keep it in the manbag and use a Bluetooth earpiece to make calls.

I just find somewhere to sit down if I need to WhatsApp someone. I just got tired of taking a phone and tablet everywhere so I ditched the handset.

I'm still on a Galaxy S21, but looking into buying a folding phone so I don't need to take/end up taking my phone and a tablet on holiday. Still looking at which one will be best. Not bothered if it's the latest model or not, just how good it is to use and not looking to pay £1,700+, I see that as just a waste of money. The Z-Fold 5 can be had for a lot less now, as can the Honor Magic V2.

I've seen some great folding phones for around the £1,200 mark, but they're chinese ROMs, and while I'm told that won't make much difference in the UK, I don't want to spend that and find it does make a difference, or my phone doesn't work when I travel abroad.

Last edited:
I'm still on a Galaxy S21, but looking into buying a folding phone so I don't need to take/end up taking my phone and a tablet on holiday. Still looking at which one will be best. Not bothered if it's the latest model or not, just how good it is to use and not looking to pay £1,700+, I see that as just a waste of money. The Z-Fold 5 can be had for a lot less now, as can the Honor Magic V2.

I've seen some great folding phones for around the £1,200 mark, but they're chinese ROMs, and while I'm told that won't make much difference in the UK, I don't want to spend that and find it does make a difference, or my phone doesn't work when I travel abroad.
Galaxy S21? I've never seen that specific model before from Samsung.

I need to start researching Apple phones and then price them to match our limited budget. We have to save every penny possible now. And which smartphones have the lowest frequency, because we're sensitive to the high frequencies and cell phone towers. 5G is the worst.

Latest Posts

Back