What tracks are on your ‘blacklist’?

Canada
Canada
Do you have any tracks that you hate racing on, whether it be because you hate going around the track, or just have too many bad experiences to forget?

This is open to all real or fictional tracks in any game.

I find my list is slowly growing, but here’s where I’m at currently:

Monza & RBR: Noob fest. I don’t really care for the tracks, and the race craft there doesn’t make it any better. Turn 1 is a crash magnet. Most other corners will have divebombers.

COTA & Snetterton: completely joyless tracks to go around.

Suzuka: got played out in the GT Sport daily races. I also seem to have the worst luck there.

Watkins Glen: a fun track to go around, but routinely have bad races there. The best opportunity to overtake is at the bus stop, and most people can’t do that without making contact.

Daytona road course: I hate turn 1, and it doesn’t get much better after that. IRacing also has the most recent version with the sausage kerb at the bus stop, so much worse.

Interlagos: Fun track to go around, but it’s a divebombers paradise.

side eyes history of railing on Silverstone, yet also had decent fun hooning on the 70's version included in Shift 2 DLC

Suzuka East. Not that it's a bad track per se, I'm just way beyond tired of it generally being the sole option if I wanna drive on a shorter Suzuka.

Last edited:
Bathurst/Mount Panorama for me. The bit on the mountain is fun, but then there's just these straights with sharp corners that is such a wasted opportunity to make a good circuit.

That said, for the longest time I hated Laguna Seca but I absolutely love it now, so maybe I'll change my mind eventually.

Brands Hatch - I don't mind the Indy layout, but the GP circuit is my arch nemesis as I can never manage to be consistent at Sheene Curve.

Nurburgring Norschleife - As a track day circuit it's fantastic, for actual racing though it's horrid.

Daytona/Talladega - This one isn't as much about the tracks as it is the games featuring them never properly modeling drafting and pack racing.

Silverstone - I like the older layouts, but the current one just feels bland and lifeless. Thankfully AC2 features some classic layouts so I can still enjoy the track.

Bonus ACC specific one:

Monza & Spa - If you were to go off the open lobbies on ACC you would think these are the only two tracks in the game. This is also the reason I always argue in favor of racing games putting focus into providing a solid single player experience.

Bonus ACC specific one:

Monza & Spa - If you were to go off the open lobbies on ACC you would think these are the only two tracks in the game. This is also the reason I always argue in favor of racing games putting focus into providing a solid single player experience.
THIS!

ACC is so aggravating for that, I’ve boycotted Spa & Monza lobbies. And yeah Single player could have been a lot better.

Brands Hatch. I blame Dax.

But seriously, after being part of a touring car league that's used it for years (all because the BTCC uses it), as well as making the mistake of entering some Sport Mode races on it, I will not mourn it if it got flattened for some overpriced housing estate. I've understeered off and been rammed off at every corner there. With GT's collision physics, it's just impossible to enjoy racing there. Your only hope of overtaking cleanly is hoping for someone ahead to make a mistake. You're constantly worrying about either getting shoved off if you dare take the racing line, or just watching as time slows down as you realise that the front isn't biting as you turn in, or that you've made the wrong guess as to where the apex is. Paddock Hill, Hawthorns and Surtees are the most egregious example of the former, considering how every idiot with "if gap, car" tattooed on their foreheads takes your use of the racing line as an open invitation to divebomb.

Back