What Would They Drive?

• Thread starter Suigi
  • 410 comments
Here's an idea I've been batting around in my head.
Sorta like the Rate A Car topic, except instead of rating cars, we try to match fictional characters with GT2 cars.

For example, I'll start us off: Mario.
We all love him, but who would he campaign for in GT2? That Red Fire might be a good go-kart, but it'd get creamed.
So...WHAT WOULD HE DRIVE?!

Suigi
Here's an idea I've been batting around in my head.
Sorta like the Rate A Car topic, except instead of rating cars, we try to match fictional characters with GT2 cars.

For example, I'll start us off: Mario.
We all love him, but who would he campaign for in GT2? That Red Fire might be a good go-kart, but it'd get creamed.
So...WHAT WOULD HE DRIVE?!

Mario would drive something totally goofy, totally fast, but not too fast. I'm thinking it'd the Subaru 360 fully modded with stage 2 turbo and super-close gear ratios!

Next character: Laura Croft of Tomb Raider....

i can see Laura in a sporty and nice lookin vehicle (cause she is totaly hott). i could see her in a nissan skyline gtr (newer model) stage 3 turbo and everything else.

Next character: Chrash Bandicute

Spell it right: Crash Bandicoot.

He'd pick something with a lot of jump in it, and maybe a little wacky.
I'm thinking...Subaru SVX S4? Fully modded?

Next up: Spiderman (because he doesn't have another car!)

Dihatsu Midget II, because it's faster than his old car! :lol:

I wonder which car Asuka Sohryu from NGE would drive. Something flamboyant, I'm thinking, and probably German.

Victor Vance
Dihatsu Midget II, because it's faster than his old car! :lol:

I wonder which car Asuka Sohryu from NGE would drive. Something flamboyant, I'm thinking, and probably German.

Hmmm, well I was thinking something not German, but go ahead and tell us what you were thinking. Asuka is technologically aware, seems to love danger and probably gets bored easily. What better car to escape danger with and still look stylish than the Acura NSX (again, fully modded with a gold paint job and silver Yokohama rims).

Next Character..this one is real frickin' easy: AUSTIN POWERS!!!

Austin Powers would drive the E-type Jag. Is it in the game? I haven't played it in ages.

Next, Homer Simpson

Hmmm... Homer would probably drive something similar to the car he designed for his brother, Herb Powell.
I'm thinking Chrysler (sp?) Phaeton.

Parnelli Bone
next characters: CHEECH & CHONG

We'll it would have to be a Van, but I can only think of the Renault Espace.... which might be a bit quick for them. Again the Daihatsu Midget would be appropriate me thinks.

next: Sydney Bristow

Fogelhund
We'll it would have to be a Van, but I can only think of the Renault Espace.... which might be a bit quick for them. Again the Daihatsu Midget would be appropriate me thinks.

next: Sydney Bristow

Any CIA agent has to be driving something that's non-descript, but will plant the power down when necessary. It should have 4-wheel drive just in case her latest mission takes her off road. I'm voting for the Subaru Impreza...something with around 300 -400 hp. Too much power might attract too much attention, after all...

next character: SNOOP DOGG

Parnelli Bone
next character: SNOOP DOGG

Well, if you've played GT3, it would have to be a silver (and black) S2000.

On the other hand, staying in the spirit of this silly thread, I'll say the '67 Plymouth GTX.

I don't play many other video games, so let's see...What would Sherlock Holmes drive?

true_kiat
Aston Martin DB6 ?

Next, Spyro the Dragon

Dragons dont need cars, but maybe if they're cute and addicted to collecting gems they might need one to hold all those gems. It would have to be something out of anime...fairy-talish... only thing that comes to mind would be one of the K-vans, like the Suzuki WAgon R Aero. Yeah, I know it's not fast, but dragons can fly. Do they really need to go any faster in a car?

Next character: CHRIS REDFIELD...the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team meathead who accompanies Jill Valentine in Resident Evil...

CARLOVER96
Whoever He Is, He Should Drive Any Normal Ford Mustang.

Next Charater: Link (Legend Of Zelda)

Ah...good one. Link is a little box-headed character who would feel totally comfortable behind the wheel of a bunch of little boxy cars. I vote for the Ford Ka! Neon Green, lean & mean.

Next character: DONALD TRUMP

Parnelli Bone
Ah...good one. Link is a little box-headed character who would feel totally comfortable behind the wheel of a bunch of little boxy cars. I vote for the Ford Ka! Neon Green, lean & mean.

Next character: DONALD TRUMP

The GT1 Trophy car :sly:

Next character: Michel Vaillant

Alonsomania
The GT1 Trophy car :sly:

Next character: Michel Vaillant

No way! Donald wouldn't know what to do behind the wheel of a real racing car, although he could sponsor one if he wanted to. I was thinking he'd drive a Mercedes or something-the most expensive one, of course.

Anyways, I just did an internet search on Michel Vaillant and got a bunch of french websites. I have no idea who he or she is, so I"m passing this one along...

MICHEL VAILLANT

Parnelli Bone
No way! Donald wouldn't know what to do behind the wheel of a real racing car, although he could sponsor one if he wanted to. I was thinking he'd drive a Mercedes or something-the most expensive one, of course.

Anyways, I just did an internet search on Michel Vaillant and got a bunch of french websites. I have no idea who he or she is, so I"m passing this one along...

MICHEL VAILLANT

it was a french strip about Vaillant (Team Vaillant) and his opponents (Team Leader). They were always racing to eachother and always Team Vaillant won :sly:
I guess it would be a racing modificated Clio V6,in blue :dunce:

SportWagon
Espace F1 seems to suit a pretend nebbish.

Next character? How about...
Chyna (Joanie Laurer)

Woody in an Espace? I don't know...it might be too fast and give him too much anxiety!
Even tho Chyna is a lady, she wouldn't be caught dead driving anything feminine. No, nothing cute for her. I'm thinking a black Dodge Viper RT/10, customized for interior room height so that she could drive it and her big, manly body wouldn't be poking out of the top.

Next Character: GEORGE BUSH

Back