What's power to weight ratio?

• Thread starter s0nny80y
  • 4 comments
I heard that this is important to the amount of power you put into the car and affects how you drift also. So, what's power to weight ratio and how can you tell when it's a good ratio? When it's 1? THats like 800HP to a 800lb car and thats impossible (in the game anyways).

ok to blunt power to weight ratio is not an exact measure.For example you cannot have a 800 pound car with 800HP, that just does not make any sense what so ever.Power to weight is used to Measure in estimate How much power to the wheel will need to be applied for a certain car set up.lets use the skyline R34 for example.its a very heavy machine, witch doesnt really require Hi Horspower over the 500hp mark to get it into a nice smooth drift.how ever It is also an AWD vehicle,so this really all depeds on the setup..Now lets take an AE86 for example this is a leight car that wouldnt really need anythign over 200hp to get it into a nice drift.again setup will have a huge effect on how the car feels.

so heavy car, looser setup slightly more HP
leight car, looser setup( not to loose)slightly more HP.

If Im not mistaken an 86 comes wit 128hp stock.

about 200-350hp would be just fine for power to weight.

skyline ( if you get the Vspec II option) is somewhere near 300..

about 500-800 HP would be just fine

also take into consideration what kind of drifting you want.
that has alot to do with you're HP settings aswell.
If you want to power drift then 1000hp would be great fun..

hope I helped, just have fun.

power to weight ratio is not an estimation; it is a ratio. Hence the name "power to weight ratio"

the weight is in kg not lbs. An 800 kg car with 800 hp has a ratio of 1.

btw the ratio is found by dividing the weight by the power not the other way around like you might think. lower is better.

yes it is usually a term used alot when talking about super cars. many cars are full of power but are too heavy. A lighter car with more horsepower is probably more satisfiying depending on the condition. You find power to weight by dividing the weight by the power as wellyrn already said. There is another power to weight ratio which is the amount of horsepower per tonne.

Brake horse power by square tonne
eg 1. a car weighs 1 tonne and has 500 horsepower
it has 500 horsepower per tonne

eg 2. lol a car weighs 2 tonnes and has 500 horsepower
it therefore only has 250 hp per tonne

eg 3. say the car only weighs 900kg and has 500 hp
because it is lighter than 1 tonne it will have more than the
original horsepower, more than 500.( i cant remember how
to do the calculation so i dont have the exact answer)

ok to blunt power to weight ratio is not an exact measure.For example you cannot have a 800 pound car with 800HP, that just does not make any sense what so ever.Power to weight is used to Measure in estimate How much power to the wheel will need to be applied for a certain car set up.lets use the skyline R34 for example.its a very heavy machine, witch doesnt really require Hi Horspower over the 500hp mark to get it into a nice smooth drift.how ever It is also an AWD vehicle,so this really all depeds on the setup..Now lets take an AE86 for example this is a leight car that wouldnt really need anythign over 200hp to get it into a nice drift.again setup will have a huge effect on how the car feels.

so heavy car, looser setup slightly more HP
leight car, looser setup( not to loose)slightly more HP.

If Im not mistaken an 86 comes wit 128hp stock.

about 200-350hp would be just fine for power to weight.

skyline ( if you get the Vspec II option) is somewhere near 300..

about 500-800 HP would be just fine

also take into consideration what kind of drifting you want.
that has alot to do with you're HP settings aswell.
If you want to power drift then 1000hp would be great fun..

hope I helped, just have fun.
Is 300hp good for 870kg car? That's the build I'm doing atm but i can't find anything anywhere about such power to weight ratio

Latest Posts

Back