Whats the best car for supercar cup in professional stage

• Thread starter Ricky77
  • 20 comments
Hello. I am struggling to Win the supercar cup in the professional stage. First of all it requires unmodified cars and i am not quite sure which car would be ideal for this race. Have tried the TVR and Merecedes but no good. Please advice on what car and the best setting to have. Thankyou

Hello. I am struggling to Win the supercar cup in the professional stage. First of all it requires unmodified cars and i am not quite sure which car would be ideal for this race. Have tried the TVR and Merecedes but no good. Please advice on what car and the best setting to have. Thankyou

When it says "unmodified" it refers only to race cars. You can upgrade a car to suit the power requirements.

I'd imagine any TVR you modified to meet the power requirements would do the job just fine - though the Speed 12 is a very hard car to drive fast. I used the Cizeta-Moroder V16T, but that drives like a pig on smack.

I used the RUF Yellowbird just make sure you have at least the smallest amount of traction control on as the car will be a handfull to drive near the end of the race what makes it harder is that the opposition catches you if like me you ran the car on soft tires

A good choice is to buy the Saleen S7 an used in both the Supercar festival and the Saleen S7 club. I used the Callaway C12 with NA tuning. (It sucks actually :P)

I have used a couple of different cars,

Actual Supercars:
Pagani Zonda
Mercedes SLR

Modded Cars:
BMW M3 CSL
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R

All these cars are good canidates for the race! :)

When it says "unmodified" it refers only to race cars. You can upgrade a car to suit the power requirements.

I didnt know that :guilty: RUF CTR2 (a challenge :crazy: ) or RGT with full engine tuning (purely to get into the series required power level) or I might use my time attack spec R32 GTR N1

In this post you can find a list of cars that are eligible in stock form for the Supercar Festival. As it says there are many more cars that can be made eligible by tuning, but they're not listed.

If you're looking for an easy win without spending any money, the Honda NSX-R LM Prototype Road Car '02, which you'll get for free when you win Motegi 8hr Endurance race, will comprehensively annihilate this event without even so much as an oil change or tyre swap in the hands of a moderately competent driver. ;)

You can even reduce the adustable downforce to minimum if you want to grab a couple more A-spec points. :sly:

Supercars can feel really hard to handle, mostly because of the tires. I used a S7 I believe. It was plenty fast. To get good with supercars, drive the speed12 on the ring for a few laps.

The stock Ford GT is plenty powerful enough and handles well enough to win the Supercar Festival. So is the Cizeta, but it is the prize car for the SCF, and therefore impossible as a first-time entry. Like Smallhorses said, the NSX-R prototype road car is a shoe-in for the win, being the only concept car allowed for entry by the player (even though you will race against several of them, like the Cien, W12 Nardo, various Audi's, etc.), and being fairly powerful and light.

As was said earlier, though, the Saleen would be a good choice, since you have to run one in the one-make race anyway. Might as well get all the use out of it that you can... I just don't care for the drive. It's a bit too understeery for my tastes.

The Speed 12 is a rocket, but terrible for points, and not too great a handler at speed. The brakes are actually pretty weak, IMHO, and the car needs a little extra weight to cope with 800hp. Not a great choice, but it'll win for you.

The SLR McLaren is a powerful car, and pretty sharp-looking, too, but it's got some of the blandest handling, even with aids off. It doesn't under or oversteer to a great degree, but it doesn't do ANYTHING to a great degree, to be honest. It's just powerful. DEFINITELY not the best handler. Even so, it'll make for a fairly easy win as well.

Just some of my opinions on some of the cars that I've used personally to win the SCF over time. Hope it's of some help to you...

In this post you can find a list of cars that are eligible in stock form for the Supercar Festival. As it says there are many more cars that can be made eligible by tuning, but they're not listed.

If you're looking for an easy win without spending any money, the Honda NSX-R LM Prototype Road Car '02, which you'll get for free when you win Motegi 8hr Endurance race, will comprehensively annihilate this event without even so much as an oil change or tyre swap in the hands of a moderately competent driver. ;)

You can even reduce the adustable downforce to minimum if you want to grab a couple more A-spec points. :sly:

Here's what I hope is a fairly definitive list of cars that are eligible or not-eligible for the Supercar Festival. These are all STOCK cars which are winnable or purchasable. There's many more cars that are eligible after tuning too, but I'm not exploring those possibilites. Please help me out, if you see something in the list that's in the wrong place let me know & I'll move it.

Stock Cars over 493HP NOT Eligible for Supercar Festival:-

Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03 Win
Audi LeMans Quattro '03 Win
Audi Pikes Peak Quattro '03 Win
Cadillac Cien '02 Win
Nissan GRAN TURISMO Skyline GT-R '01 Win
Ford GT Concept '02 Win
VW W12 Nardo Concept '01 Win
Tommykaira ZZII '00 500,000Cr

Dodge Viper GTSR Concept '00 Win
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 '04 31,870Cr
Amuse Skyline GT-R Carbon-R '04 250,000Cr
Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec '00 200,000Cr
Buick Special '62 58,000Cr

Smallhorses.

The AI pits the cars Ive highlighted against you in the series :sly: . Another car that you cannot use is the Amuse Honda S2000 GT1 :grumpy:

The best for me at least are as follows

Modded sports Cars catagory
1 Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A like a breeze:)
2 Cheverolet Corvette C5 ZO6 way easy:tup:
and many more.

Pure Supercars I use for it
1 Ford GT40:tup:
2 Caddillac Cien
3 Saleen S7

Though there is alot more that are awesome for this race these are my personal favorites. Well good luck to ya!

Just wanted to mention that the SLR does have a great quality besides its amazing power... Braking and Grip.

That's right, the braking of the SLR is amazing and the grip is good enough to get-up and go when Zondas and Saleens just spin in place. :mischievous:
And as a refference to my claim, the SLR in a Nurburgring spot race of production cars completely stock on N2s was capable of beating the Zonda 7.3 and Ford GT.

Of course, some of that was driver :sly:
But in the end it does have braking to match or go beyond that of most (if not all) supercars in the game.

So, if you're having trouble with supercars, try the SLR. It has amazing grip on acceleration and deceleration (just be sure you can stay on the proper racing line because if you can't do that then no car will be enough to win). 👍

Ignignoc N Err is right about the TVR Speed 12. That car is one heck of a speed demon on straights but when it comes to corners and braking the speed 12 isnt all that good. But hey its still good.

Just use a juiced up Ford GT!:)

Back