Whats your car audio setup?

• Thread starter Hotrails17
  • 42 comments

Whats Your System?

• Total voters
United States
Hotrails
Hotrails17
Okay this poll is to show off what kind of audio setup you have in your ride. Ill post some pics of my truck later on, probably tomorrow. But for now heres the details. I have a Full Out Bumpin System with Kenwood DDX512 touchscreen deck (Bluetooth, iPod connector in glove box đź‘Ť, Sirius sat radio, Navigation), 2 12" Memphis Subs, 4 6X9 Memphis coaxial's, Memphis 1000 watt mono block amp, and a 240 watt 4-Channel amp. Not gonna lie, this thing gets crazy loud :P. So whats your system?

Last edited:
In the wife's car - Some cheap head unit, 4 x 175W Pioneer speakers, no amp. RCA audio cables -> minijack for the mp3 player.

In my Bimmer - No head unit (radio delete panel in place), 4 x 175W Pioneer speakers run through an amp. RCA audio cables -> minijack for the mp3 player. A very hidden audio system. The only outwardly visible thing is the minijack cable that sticks out of the coin tray.

I got the MINI premium sound system in my car, which means 10 decent speakers instead of 6 awful ones. Sounds pretty good, there is enough lows, mids and highs to keep me happy. I wouldn't mind a small sub, but there isn't any boot space as it is.

I am looking for an HD radio add-on option but so far the only one I've found is the MINI one which is $700. I don't care that much. I might just wait for the Zune HD and use that as the HD radio and run it through the AUX jack.

smart work slowman, noone suspects a boot full of boom in my car, stock head unit and a cheapo tape to headphone jack :P
i have way more than i need, or that im actually using for that matter, but i got it cheap off a mate so itl do :P
astra - stock system tweeters and speakers, 2 in each door. 1400w max pyle amp, thats unbridged so kicking out at 700w to two 1200w subs, at half power on the dial too...the guy should really have had one amp on each but it is more than plenty at the mo. wired it all in myself, under carpet and seats etc.
if i had the money i would really downsize, just one little sub and amp would be fine :)

in the firebird, stock head unit, the equalizer panel is too awesome looking to chuck :D just replaced the dud 10ohm 6x9s in the side with some 8ohm loudspeaker 6" ones

My days of big sound on the road are long gone. I went from fully bumpin', 5.1 surround, DVD, 1500+w to a fully stock system.

I do have plans to do something down the road sometime, but not for a while.

I have a Dewalt radio seatbelted in the back of my car :sly:

6 hours of battery life is a downside but all I need to do is take it out and plug it into an outlet overnight. The good side is I can plug my ipod straight into it, it can get very loud without losing quality, and the sound quality really isn't bad at all if you don't mind not having bass.

My 300M Special has a pretty decent stock stereo. "Infinity II" package...Infinity speakers all around connected to a 360 watt amp. A small center channel speaker in the dash, a tweeter and a 6.75in speaker on each front door, a small mid-range speaker on each rear door, and two 6x9s in the rear deck. Sound quality is pretty good, but the internal crossover is pretty wonky. The amp is pretty crappy quality compared to the other Infinity amps that Chrysler used. It sends too much bass to the fronts. In the next few months, I'm probably just going to add one of those all in one powered subwoofers like from Infinity or MTX.

My 300M Special has a pretty decent stock stereo. "Infinity II" package...Infinity speakers all around connected to a 360 watt amp. A small center channel speaker in the dash, a tweeter and a 6.75in speaker on each front door, a small mid-range speaker on each rear door, and two 6x9s in the rear deck. Sound quality is pretty good, but the internal crossover is pretty wonky. The amp is pretty crappy quality compared to the other Infinity amps that Chrysler used. It sends too much bass to the fronts. In the next few months, I'm probably just going to add one of those all in one powered subwoofers like from Infinity or MTX.

I had the Infinity Basslink in the Blazer and loved it, sounds great without taking up a ton of space. You should be able to find one pretty cheap too. They have the Basslink II's out as well but I've never heard them.

I vote for rollin stock. I like listening to music, but I am not hardcore enough to spend on aftermarket audio. I don't like bumping loud music as it hurts my ears and makes me feel very uncomfortable when driving. When I listen to my music in the car, I leave the volume at a low setting so that I can still have a conversation with someone or hear outside noises.

I am still thinking about upgrading my unit a little bit, but not sure if it will be worth it. I kinda think my 09 tC basic stock unit looks boring though. I do like to have some kind of fancy visual interface though.

I couldn't vote for my Camaro since it has no audio equipment. So I voted for the van.

I'm running an Alpine 9XXX series head unit through a 940 watt rms mono Kicker amp and into two 10" DVC Alpine Type R's for my bass. Internal speakers are running through 8.1 (10" woofer) Infinity surround through a 340 watt Infinity amp.

Its decent for the time being, I was thinking of upgrading my sub and amp to two 12" DVC Alpine Type R's or Type X's for the deeper bass that I miss with my old setup, but I'm still undecided.

Glad to see lots of people out there with systems đź‘Ť and thanks fo followin over to the thread SRV :) the other thread was WAY too old and in the wrong place :P feel free to post pictures too as id like to see what the GTP community has to offer.

Stock at the minute, but I'm adding a simple sub and amp soon so I can finally listen to dubstep in the car! The stock system isn't so bad though;

JVC head unit with Ipod cable, dual 4x6 Pioneers in the dash, dual Sony marine speakers in the sound pods, and a Punch mono amp with 10" MTX sub.

102_0432.jpg

18026195969.jpg

102_0429.jpg

all that for about $300 not too bad for lil RX-7
102_0515.jpg

Run of the mill Pioneer head unit luckily with a input jack
though I will soon add a cheap amp and sub for a little bit of bass.

Glad to see lots of people out there with systems đź‘Ť and thanks fo followin over to the thread SRV :) the other thread was WAY too old and in the wrong place :P feel free to post pictures too as id like to see what the GTP community has to offer.

I'd get a picture, but the only visible items in my car are the head unit and sub box (simple single sealed enclosure with bass boost knob on the side). Everything else is hidden in the dash/doors/rear deck so the car still has a stock appearance.

My friend did that too after he got his car broken in to.... but i remedy that with tinted windows... and hope :lol:

Tinted windows don't help stop the sound of the bass/music though unfortuantly, and as soon as the wrong person hears you drive by you can kiss anything thats easy to grab good bye. Even an alarm won't help you sometimes as my friend found out when he had his amp and 2 Xtant hexagons stolen from his Camaro one night.

I just run the stock setup in the Si. The premium audio system includes a 350w 7 speaker system including an 8" subwoofer positioned up in the shelf. Plenty loud, good level of bass, and the sub is nice being tucked out of the way.

Tinted windows don't help stop the sound of the bass/music though unfortuantly, and as soon as the wrong person hears you drive by you can kiss anything thats easy to grab good bye. Even an alarm won't help you sometimes as my friend found out when he had his amp and 2 Xtant hexagons stolen from his Camaro one night.

Yeah thats why I turn my music down when Ill be leaving it for a bit and park to where I can see it or by an entrance.

Yeah thats why I turn my music down when Ill be leaving it for a bit and park to where I can see it or by an entrance.

I always turn my music down when I'm within 6 or so blocks of my house, never "bump" in the drive way, any parking lot, or around any area I frequently park my car (ie. work, friends houses, etc) as thats like laying a trail of bread crumbs for the thieves. đź‘Ž

How can you stand the super loud music? :nervous: Everytime I go to anyone's ride with that big of a setup, it really hurts my ears when they bump it loud. :lol:

My guess is he blew out his ear drums a long time ago like everyone else with a loud system. I lost most of the hearing in one of my ears back in grade 8 after being sucker punched in the ear by a guys friend that I was fighting (seriously, who punches in the ear?!), so I have never really minded the loud music.

How can you stand the super loud music? :nervous: Everytime I go to anyone's ride with that big of a setup, it really hurts my ears when they bump it loud. :lol:

Well now, I sit in my car ...haha:nervous:...its not so bad and really quite relaxing after a concert.(of metal):sly:

My guess is he blew out his ear drums a long time ago like everyone else with a loud system. I lost most of the hearing in one of my ears back in grade 8 after being sucker punched in the ear by a guys friend that I was fighting (seriously, who punches in the ear?!), so I have never really minded the loud music.

generally I keep it low to about 18-25 and have my subs a couple of db+. And when I really want to crank it its ususally downtown, which I never really go there, and when I like to act more :crazy: then usual. However I still dont understand why 47:dunce:.... Oh and as your question about punching you in the ear I bet they just wanted to see if you could hear it coming:lol: cause ive been sucker punched before in the face and I didnt see that :lol: (bad jokes im sorry:ouch:)

generally I keep it low to about 18-25 and have my subs a couple of db+. And when I really want to crank it its ususally downtown, which I never really go there, and when I like to act more :crazy: then usual. However I still dont understand why 47:dunce:.... Oh and as your question about punching you in the ear I bet they just wanted to see if you could hear it coming:lol: cause ive been sucker punched before in the face and I didnt see that :lol: (bad jokes im sorry:ouch:)

Downtown is a great place to have it loud, especially when it echo's off all the buildings. 18-25? What does your volume go to? Mine goes to 35, but 16 is my "normal loud cruising" volume, 20+ and my heart starts struggling to keep rythem against the bass. :lol:

Thats with the sub output at 0 on my head unit and with gain at 70% and bass boost at 60% on the amp.

Downtown is a great place to have it loud, especially when it echo's off all the buildings. 18-25? What does your volume go to? Mine goes to 35, but 16 is my "normal loud cruising" volume, 20+ and my heart starts struggling to keep rythem against the bass. :lol:

Thats with the sub output at 0 on my head unit and with gain at 70% and bass boost at 60% on the amp.

Haha I mentioned in my post that I still didn't know why it only goes to 47 but I didn't state that was the max:dunce:

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you the gain on my amps because I haven't yet tuned it for my RX7 yet. And its hard to tell with a screwdriver.

Back