Whats your car audio setup?

• Thread starter Hotrails17
  • 42 comments

Whats Your System?

• Total voters
Haha I mentioned in my post that I still didn't know why it only goes to 47 but I didn't state that was the max:dunce:

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you the gain on my amps because I haven't yet tuned it for my RX7 yet. And its hard to tell with a screwdriver.

That is the most random max volume number I've ever heard of. I thought it was odd that mine went to 35, normally my head units have always gone to 40 or 50, but 47? Atleast that gives you a true 50%. :lol:

Probably going to get this for my birthday instead of the Infinity Basslink.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...fier+++Subwoofer+++Box+++Amp+Install+Kit.html

For those that don't want to click the link this is what it is:

Infinity Reference 1300A 300 watt amp
Infinity Reference 1252W Subwoofer 12" subwoofer
Sealed box
Wiring kit

$250 shipped seems like a damn good deal to me, considering the cheapest Best Buy wants for a 10" in a box + an amp is like $300. Although I'm sure the wiring kit that comes with it sucks so add in another $20 or so.

A member of another forum I visit offered to sell me his two 12" MTX RoadThunder subs in a sealed box + 300 watt amp for $150 + shipping, but I nor my mother (awesome mom for buying a sub as a birthday present :lol: ) are too keen on using PayPal. I've heard way too many horror stories about it.

Last edited:
bit of a waste of all that sub power with just a 300w max amp, and that two sub set would kick out even less power as you couldnt even bridge it to actually get the stated 300w.

The amp is 300w RMS (I clicked on the link), so it should match perfectly to his sub. 👍

I agree on the MTX set up though, seems a bit under powered if you ask me, which can harm a subwoofer just as much as over powering it.

I guess mine would be 'stock with a bit more noise,' as I don't have a full sub system. I've got a Kenwood deck and Infinity front speakers (some Eclipses came with the car from a previous owner, and are still in the rear). I plan on getting an 8.5" or 10" sub and a small amp. I listen to a lot of rock: amplifying the double bass is cool, but too much ruins the sound.

Last edited:
Mine's got average 2x 5x4's in the front another 2 at the back a 400W amp connected to a 600W sub, cost me jack all and does the job for me :)

My '98 Celica does have an aftermarket, and otherwise more-powerful Pioneer head unit, but I continue to run the "Premium" (just short of Bose) stereo system that came with the Celica out of the factory. Not that I'm complaining... The sound is great, and it bumps hard enough to make my exterior mirrors shake.

In my old Civic I had an Audiobahn Eternal 10" Sub with a Class D mono amp that put out around 1200 watts. I had a 1 farad cap, extra battery and gain control run to the main console of the car. The system was wayyy more than the car could handle and even with the extra battery I managed to burn out the alternator because the amp needed so much power. It all stopped working the week before I got rid of the car so I left it in there when I traded it in because I was getting kind of tired of it. Now in the new car I'm rolling with the stock 7 speaker Honda system which is pretty good but I hardly ever listen to it.

Sony Head Unit, Sony Xplod speakers, quite happy! Want to put a sub in, but I have no idea what Im doing, and some more performence mods are due first, this things bumpin enough when you turn Low up quite abit, makes for very bassy music, while keeping the great quality out of your mids and highs...

I do shake my side mirrors, anything in my door panels, and my rear seats quite easily, and it gives the girls in the back a really weird feeling which they happen to like!

Okay this poll is to show off what kind of audio setup you have in your ride. Ill post some pics of my truck later on, probably tomorrow. But for now heres the details. I have a Full Out Bumpin System with Kenwood DDX512 touchscreen deck (Bluetooth, iPod connector in glove box 👍, Sirius sat radio, Navigation), 2 12" Memphis Subs, 4 6X9 Memphis coaxial's, Memphis 1000 watt mono block amp, and a 240 watt 4-Channel amp. Not gonna lie, this thing gets crazy loud :P. So whats your system?

I have a stock 6 CD Bose (I don't know how many speakers) in a 1995 C280 M-B. Sounds great, bass is good too. (sometimes there is rumble sound in mid range volume and bass all way up)
TOOL sounds really great blasted (very damn loud), the bass, the guitars are killer in it. As well I pop in some Drum & Bass music and its damn impressive. Not bad for 14 year old BOSE system.

The Ute's standard stereo was rather crap, no CD player even. So I have an aftermarket head deck and new speakers in the doors replacing the old ones, that is all.:)

picture.php

Oh I got a cheap Decibel meter and apparently my $500 system is .4 decibels higher then his $700+ system. We clocked in at 128.4 and .8 respectively. It was easy cause we basically have the same head unit :lol:

Back