When are you planning to buy Xbox Series X and PS5?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 180 comments
An even bigger win for Microsoft would be if they patched a microphone in the vents so it will transmit voice commands such as "xbox! Turn on ps5" I'm sure it could handle that job; can't let all that processing power go to waste.
You should make a suggestion! I mean, if it's that easy to get money off you, you seem like a great customer for them to try to work with. It's always nice to see the lengths some go to in order to make sure they support both franchises.

You should make a suggestion! I mean, if it's that easy to get money off you, you seem like a great customer for them to try to work with. It's always nice to see the lengths some go to in order to make sure they support both franchises.

Theres nothing wrong with wanting a really nice premium stand for your new ps5, I think the size and shape of the xbox sx would fit perfectly. As an added bonus, you could use the fans from the (brick shaped) xbox to keep the ps5 cool underneath.:cheers: Perhaps Microsoft could give me a call; however, for about the past decade they always have been successful at making playstation gamers happy.

Perhaps Microsoft could give me a call; however, for about the past decade they always have been successful at making playstation gamers happy.
You're telling me! They're apparently getting sales off them easily, when those people have no interest in their offerings. It's crazy. Good on them.

I'm thinking of actually getting a PS5 first to play the new Spiderman Game and Gran Turismo 7. Though, not at launch on the count I want to wait a year to hear about the bugs/flaws the system may have. Like what I did with the Xbox One actually.

I'll probably buy a Xbox Series X later on to play the next Forza Motorsport & Horizon games. Well, it's either that or I actually attempt to build a more proper gaming pc.

I have bought every Playstation from PS1 through the current PS4.

As the only PS exclusive game I play has been GT I do not see myself buying a new console at all.

I can find a much wider assortment of game titles on the PC, I also like that on PC many games allow community mods and upgrades which enhance many aspects of the game from playability to adding content or balance in the gameplay.

I also do not care for the fact to access online gameplay with the Playstation that I have to pay Sony a subscription fee to access and use that part of a game that I have already paid for when I bought it.

Yes, I do have a lot more invested in my PC gaming rig than I would in a console but I have so much flexibility as compared to a console.

Even buying game controllers such as steering wheels or flight control systems Sony wants to limit what options I have by what company will pay them to buy access to their system and even then Sony may well obsolete your past purchase when they come out with a new console forcing you to spend more money when your older units still function fine but will not work with the new machine.

Yes, at this point I am over the limitations that a console presents and have no interest at least right now to buy another.

When it comes to gaming we each have what we like or find attractive and for some the console may be a better deal. I find that many of the games I prefer at this stage of my life (strategy based games and combat flight sims) are not available on the consoles so that also influences my decisions.

Regardless of what you choose have fun is what counts the most.

I'll be getting the PS5, hopefully on Day 1. Best Buy says pickup on the 12th, but with everything going on in the world, we shall see if that happens. Don't think I'll get a Series X/S yet, as most of their games seem to come on PC anyways, and I built my PC in January, so it seems redundant.

You're telling me! They're apparently getting sales off them easily, when those people have no interest in their offerings. It's crazy. Good on them.
You know what robot,
Forget that whole idea. If Gran Turismo comes to pc, ps5 and xbox series will be forgotten. I will get a really nice starter gaming pc. I'll be able to play Forza PCARS GT and pc racing sims all on the same platform.

I can find a much wider assortment of game titles on the PC, I also like that on PC many games allow community mods and upgrades which enhance many aspects of the game from playability to adding content or balance in the gameplay.

I agree that is a big deal for me, I love adding mods to my games and also love creating stuff for my own amusement. If I want to I can make my own cars or race tracks for Assetto Corsa, make my own teams or competitions for Football Manager, Planes and cities in Flight Sims, even my own games in Unreal Engine. Etc.

I love the open nature of PC gaming!

I also hate the open nature of PC gaming!

Recently I've been without a console (I normally play online games mainly) so I've been playing on PC. I went to a friends and he was playing a PS Plus game called Fall Guys. After the initial "wtf are you playing!" "you're a grown man!" jibes I was seeing the attraction, great fun! reminded me of Takeshi's Castle. So the next day I bought it on steam...

Downloaded, installed, here we go!... First game starts........ 3 guys blatantly fly to the end!

That one moment reminded me of why I left online PC for online console gaming back in '07. Can't have nice things! ****ing Nerds! :lol:

That one moment reminded me of why I left online PC for online console gaming back in '07. Can't have nice things! ****ing Nerds!
The days where the consoles online component have been segregated are coming to a close though. While it's not so widespread, more games are jumping onboard with the idea of cross console gaming, opening up consoles to the same risk as what you just mentioned. While the cheaters are far and few inbetween, how well it's handled will change with its developer.

The days where the consoles online component have been segregated are coming to a close though. While it's not so widespread, more games are jumping onboard with the idea of cross console gaming, opening up consoles to the same risk as what you just mentioned. While the cheaters are far and few inbetween, how well it's handled will change with its developer.

Yeah true, and I've been grateful for that since I can play Warzone and Fortnite with my mates on PS4. (I don't mind Warzone, it's a decent game, but I really don't like Fortnite since season 5 or something, but just keeping me social). I have seen quite a few hackers in Warzone on big steamers live channels, firing infinate rockets and stuff like that. But because I'm not that good at the game I either have not noticed many, I don't get pooled with them because I'm on a pad, or I'm not in the sweat lobbies or something.

Fortnite on the other hand, every time there are hacks released for sale, the lobbies at my level are swamped with them. A few weeks ago, it was so bad, I was saying this to my friends who all ganged up and laughed, said I was paranoid. The very next day there was a live streamer using it in an official tournament to show how easy it was. He was banned at some point obviously but I felt justified. My friends still laughed. The bastards!

On warzone on console, they have the option to turn off crossplay. On Fortnite there is an option for PS4 only (last time I checked). As you said, it is few and far between (as long as devs/anti cheat software stays on top of things). As long as those options exist, when hacks do go mainstream, I can turn them on and get my ass kicked by filthy casual legit people instead. :lol:

Yeah true, and I've been grateful for that since I can play Warzone and Fortnite with my mates on PS4. (I don't mind Warzone, it's a decent game, but I really don't like Fortnite since season 5 or something, but just keeping me social). I have seen quite a few hackers in Warzone on big steamers live channels, firing infinate rockets and stuff like that. But because I'm not that good at the game I either have not noticed many, I don't get pooled with them because I'm on a pad, or I'm not in the sweat lobbies or something.

Fortnite on the other hand, every time there are hacks released for sale, the lobbies at my level are swamped with them. A few weeks ago, it was so bad, I was saying this to my friends who all ganged up and laughed, said I was paranoid. The very next day there was a live streamer using it in an official tournament to show how easy it was. He was banned at some point obviously but I felt justified. My friends still laughed. The bastards!

On warzone on console, they have the option to turn off crossplay. On Fortnite there is an option for PS4 only (last time I checked). As you said, it is few and far between (as long as devs/anti cheat software stays on top of things). As long as those options exist, when hacks do go mainstream, I can turn them on and get my ass kicked by filthy casual legit people instead. :lol:
Likewise, I've only ever seen the hackers on extremely popular streaming channels, but have not encountered anything myself, yet. Unfortunately on Xbox, you're not allowed to disable crossplay for Warzone, only the Multiplayer component. Not exactly sure why that is though.

Although I am nearing the time I would normally get a new console, which is usually every 5 years, I don't intend on a getting a PS5 anytime soon because:
1. I don't trust launch consoles and I prefer waiting a few years so they can work out whatever bugs the console will inevitably have at launch. Not saying all launch consoles are bad, it's just I feel they are more likely to have issues than later releases.
2. In recent years, I have slowed down tremendously with how often I play video games and I don't play them nearly as much as I used to. In fact I haven't used my PS4 for gaming in quite some time.
3. I am currently satisfied with what I have right now and I have little desire to expand upon it. In fact, the times I decide to play, I often have more games I want to play than I know what to do with.
4. I don't think I'd be able to get one even if I wanted to due to it's price, even if it's a Christmas gift.
5. I doubt I'd even have enough room to put it where I usually play my games.
6. I simply am not done with the PS4 yet and I am just not ready for the PS5 since theirs still things I want to do with the PS4. Part of what makes getting a new console so exciting is being used to playing the previous generation so much and then seeing the improvements of the next generation. I mean, I played the crap out my PS1, 2, and 3, to the point I was pretty tired of them by the time I got the next console and you could say receiving a new one was very satisfying as a result. I am not anywhere near that point with the PS4 yet.

Not into Xbox, at least not yet, so I don't know what to say about it really. That's all I can really think of for the time being.

Last edited:
I havent preordered yet.

I will eventually get both down the line, but not sure wich one to buy first yet.

They both have ups and downs as I see it.

I really dont like the design of any of them. ( Hard to place in my furniture ) especially the PS5 I really hate that it is so big, and looks like a big big dust collector )

I like the Xbox with its gamepass its really a strong selling point for me. So many good games at a bargain, and it seems they are making it even better with EA Access, and bethesda games. I very rarely buy new games. Mostly I wait until they are on sale wich nowadays they go very quick.

But Playstation has a number of really good exclusive games wich id also want to play. So I will defenetly get a PS5 at some point also. The PS also has PSVR wich I hope will become even better this generation with PSVR2 and hopefully more sim racers, and flight / Space cockpit type of games supporting it.

But still at this point I will wait a bit and see how the reviews and comparisons between PS5 and Xbox Series X will span out :-)

I have lots left that I want to get to on ps4 yet, so I'm in no hurry for PS5 (unless my ps4 goes bang in which case I will upgrade at that point!)

I am however tempted by the Series _S_ (not the X) as an entry into Xbox. Mainly as I've never had an Xbox to date and I am keen to play the back catalogue of Forza Motorsport games and Forza Horizons. Car collecting games are, in the end, what floats my boat the most, hence I'm here on :gtplanet:

I see myself continuing to get value playing PS4 till around September 2021, then picking up Series S for the Forzas end of 2021 and, maybe a year later upgrading to PS5 at end of 2022, by which time there should be a reasonable catalogue of "next gen" games and GT7 might even be out :lol:

PS5, probably in time for the update to Destiny 2. Early December. It brings 4K, 60fps and changeable FOV.

Last edited:
Was getting a ps5 but im switching as xbox has swayed me with buying bethseda. Only way to gurantee to get elders scrolls etc.

Will wait till one comes out with decent memory capacity. My ps4 8tb got filled quite easily so a 1tb is no use to anyone especially with games getting bigger.

Was getting a ps5 but im switching as xbox has swayed me with buying bethseda. Only way to gurantee to get elders scrolls etc.

Will wait till one comes out with decent memory capacity. My ps4 8tb got filled quite easily so a 1tb is no use to anyone especially with games getting bigger.
You realise the next Elder Scrolls is probably a long way away?

Games are getting smaller not bigger. The SSD is a much bigger deal than you realise. Currently there is a lot of asset duplication stored in multiple places to load things into memory together. With SSD you only have one asset for each different thing. This makes file size smaller.

XSX next month and PS5 next year, when I'm done with Cyberpunk, Valhalla and Legion or will wait for GT7, Ragnarok or Horizon 2 release date (whichever comes first) to get the PS.

You can save cash by purchasing on release day in the uk. Simply purchase at full price, fire up the machine and it will warm up your room in minutes, thus saving on heating bill over winter.

Well for the PS5, I plan to get it as soon as possible when it releases, while for the Xbox Series X, I'll get one whenever Forza Motorsport 8 is out.

Knowing me with an Xbox, I like to dedicate my Xbox experience simply for Forza and nothing else.

Last edited:
For me it was easy decision i love Forza and Forza horizon so i went the Series X plus liked a few other things too, PS5 would be cool but much later on also cant afford both, I also tried to pre order at 8 am on 22nd when they were live haha forget it had no luck and it was in cart waiting to check out, sadly no luck but then that day i tried around 4 ish 4:30 pm success and got a post launch shipment for December sometime.

The real kicker a few days ago i got a text from my game shop to check my email, so i did and the good news I got moved up to a launch day shipment, very excited :) Not long to go now and can not wait, Also love some games are getting free upgrades too :)

Back