Which car will you sell first?

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 70 comments
I think with the modifications on offer, even 2-3 'dupes' are no longer really 'dupes'. One stock, and one modified of each car makes some sense to me.

I don't think I will. I'm going for 100% Completion and collecting cars is a part of that.

Might consider selling my NISMO GT-R Motul GT500 for a brand new 0 miles one... but I'm in 2 minds as the original has earnt me the glory, a lot of credit and covered a lot of nostalgic mileage. What a beast.

View attachment 1145521
So why would you sell it and buy another? I'm personally planning to only own one of most race cars, whereas I plan to own at least two of most road cars, with one to leave as-stock and another to modify.

Depends on a lot of factors:

-Can we sell prize cars (including roulette ticket prizes)?
-Can we sell any car regardless of it's value (ergo, can you sell any LCD cars or any cars that cost over 1 million like in GT5)?
-And... Will the collection still be 100% after I acquire all the 427 (+ future DLC cars) and then sell some of them? As in, if I sell the cars, will my collection be below 100%?

Which... going by how PD does things, it won't surprise me with how restrictive the ability to sell cars could be. There's going to be something that throws you off for sure. The fact something this SIMPLE was not introduced with the game can't mean anything positive.

If we do end up having no restrictions on selling cars (including the collection getting below 100%), then almost all VGTs aside from my dear Tomahawk S and X (the GTS-R can go screw itself along with the others), almost all fictional Gr. cars and dupes will be sold right away. Have 9 extra karts that I don't need but had to buy for the trophy.

Basically, I will only keep real life cars (this includes some VGTs like the Mazda RX Vision and the Bugatti VGT), and some dupes to make a stock version and a fully modded version of the car I will use (only road cars, not race cars), since once a car is fully modded, it costs 1.75x the price of the car itself to go back to stock... which is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Honestly with the money we can make now, and with future events, selling more or less is moot to me.

It makes sense early on when you get stale bread as prize money, but later on, I can only see it useful for clearing duplicate cars. Which by the way I have yet to encounter due to the nature of the roulette.

I got a dupe 458 Gr4 on the roulette so if we can’t sell prizes I’ll sell the one I bought and if we can sell prizes well I’ll sell it everything else I’m keeping as they are one of one in my garage

I think I'm sitting at about 420 cars, but my collection are around 270/427. Many dupes for various race series. Once the Z432 shows up, I'll start culling the garage.

DLC will really help depending what cars we get. The more certain type of cars, the less dupes in the respective series' I'm recreating, naturally.

I don't think I will. I'm going for 100% Completion and collecting cars is a part of that.

Might consider selling my NISMO GT-R Motul GT500 for a brand new 0 miles one... but I'm in 2 minds as the original has earnt me the glory, a lot of credit and covered a lot of nostalgic mileage. What a beast.

View attachment 1145521
why does this look like a picture from GT4 :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think I'll sell any, as I've been stingy with credits and only buying cars that appeal to me, even some duplicates. But I would however, like to give Honda back it's Gr 3 and 4 NSX it's loaned me for Manu Cup. Overall, I'm just not feeling it and having way more fun with others, so I'd like to have it removed or repossessed at this point haha

So why would you sell it and buy another? I'm personally planning to only own one of most race cars, whereas I plan to own at least two of most road cars, with one to leave as-stock and another to modify.
For similar reasons as you want two road cars.

I'm a bit weird about wanting 0 miles, stock editions. But on review I'd be doing my NISMO GT500 a disservice if I sold it after it carried me through so many good times!

I'll mainly be getting rid of duplicates and, like you, mainly keeping a second version for toying with.

I plan to sell every prize car that isn't in a color that I'd prefer. For example, the Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 that I won through the menus was purely white, and I'd much prefer Midnight Purple.
You know you can change the paint of your cars, right ?

Duplicates. I have 10 racing karts for the trophy and also have 5 Volkswagen Scirocco's that I bought and got from roulette tickets.

There is a PSN Trophy that requires you to buy the same car 10 times.
The Go-Kart is the cheapest vehicle in the game I believe, so most just buy 10 of them to earn the PSN Trophy :)
Ah ok it's a Trophy, not a race.....ok thank you. Now i understand.

Ah ok it's a Trophy, not a race.....ok thank you. Now i understand.
Yes buddy.

I was confused too. I saw a few people saying 'I got 10 Karts for the Trophy' it was confusing me also, thinking that you got 10 Karts for either winning a race or earning a Trophy... until I worked it out ha ha

Depends on a lot of factors:

-Can we sell prize cars (including roulette ticket prizes)?
-Can we sell any car regardless of it's value (ergo, can you sell any LCD cars or any cars that cost over 1 million like in GT5)?
-And... Will the collection still be 100% after I acquire all the 427 (+ future DLC cars) and then sell some of them? As in, if I sell the cars, will my collection be below 100%?

Which... going by how PD does things, it won't surprise me with how restrictive the ability to sell cars could be. There's going to be something that throws you off for sure. The fact something this SIMPLE was not introduced with the game can't mean anything positive.

If we do end up having no restrictions on selling cars (including the collection getting below 100%), then almost all VGTs aside from my dear Tomahawk S and X (the GTS-R can go screw itself along with the others), almost all fictional Gr. cars and dupes will be sold right away. Have 9 extra karts that I don't need but had to buy for the trophy.

Basically, I will only keep real life cars (this includes some VGTs like the Mazda RX Vision and the Bugatti VGT), and some dupes to make a stock version and a fully modded version of the car I will use (only road cars, not race cars), since once a car is fully modded, it costs 1.75x the price of the car itself to go back to stock... which is ridiculous.
Can you put a car back to stock?If so how,i thought once you had modded with port polish,wide body etc it was done for good?Am i missing something somewhere?

You can restore the body and the engine to stock at the tuning shop.
I dont want to sound stupid but where is this option?I cant see it in GT auto or the Tuning shop.
Ok,dont worry i found it under the extreme tab,need my glasses.:lol:

Last edited:
I dont want to sound stupid but where is this option?I cant see it in GT auto or the Tuning shop.
Ok,dont worry i found it under the extreme tab,need my glasses.:lol:
It's in the tuning shop in the Extreme section where you buy NOS and Ceramic Brakes.

In that same Tab, you have a "New Engine" and "New Chassis". However, as advice... You might as well have 2 of the same car if you want one stock and one modified version, because switching back and forth after applying tunes and mods is expensive.

A new chassis is 1.25x more expensive than the car itself (yes the whole car).
A new engine is half the price of the whole car.

So overall, you'll be paying almost twice (1.75x) more to get the car back to stock. Buying two of the same car is cheaper. This even begs the question of why the options are even in the game if the prices are this outrageous. Literally no one benefits from this, just buy another car.

Back